PDA

View Full Version : Someone decide for me!!

slleipnir
02-08-2006, 04:24 PM
I hate making decisions. I am the worst.

Here is my problem. My friend has been planing to go to the dominican for a little while and wants me to go. I can afford it. My concern is this: she most likely will want to drink A LOT. Also, she likes to "chase" guys...if you know what I mean. Complete strangers. This isn't me. I don't like to be wasted, and I don't want to do stupid things with strange guys. She said she doesn't plan to do this all the time, and said she wants to do all the fun stuff too.

So what do I do? I can't decide if I should go. Half of me says GO! The other half says NO WAY! How do I know??

carole
02-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Well Audrey you don't have to drink alot just because she does or chase guys, but if you think you are going to be really uncomfortable around her doing this , then I would stay put, but on the other hand if you can overlook this and know you can still have a fun time, then go. :)

Kfamr
02-08-2006, 04:33 PM
If you do go, just make sure you have a way to get to wherever you're staying, without having to rely on her. You don't want to be stuck somewhere while she's out chasing guys or something!

On the other hand... just come to FL again. ;)

lizbud
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Don't think you should go if it's with someone you couldn't depend
on 100%. Go to Florida instead, or save the money for a later trip. :D

Jessika
02-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Just because your friend is doing it doesn't mean you have to! And don't feel like you have to babysit her the whole trip to make sure she doesn't get herself into trouble. She's a big girl, as are you, you know? Just explain to her that you can do that back at home (drink & chase guys) but its not every day you get to visit another country and see/experience their culture and sit on the beach, you know??

If need be compromise a little -- tell her "I'll go with you to the bar later [you don't have to drink] if you come with me to [some place] today" :)

king2005
02-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Audrey, I know what your talking about (being uncomfy with a friends behavior). I still regret going to the so called, drug & sex/perv free party :( I know what these people were like (most of the time) & they said they would behave just for me. Well I was stuck in the middle of nowhere, had NO clue where I was, so I felt trapped :( The house was full of fumes of god knows what & people playing with eachother *barf*

In my personal opinion, I would say stay home, as you wont feel comfy the whole trip worring what shes going to do or get you into unwillingly.

===
If you still want to go on a trip (if you decided not to go to the above trip), you know your still 100% welcome to come to the zoo with us on june 24-25 (the planes are cheaper in june, then in july or aug) & since I have met you & know your not an axe murderer, you can sleep on the couch or bring an air mattress & sleep in the 3rd bedroom in private, so you don't have to stay in a hotel.

dukedogsmom
02-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I think you should wait and do something you know you would enjoy. I have a feeling you would be miserable. If you're dreading planning it, chances are, you wouldn't have a lot of fun.

slleipnir
02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I never do anything because someone else is doing it (if I don't want to) all I ment is, I don't know that I want to be around it.

I would love to go to Florida, but I would have to take Zeke...and I don't know how to do it. I want to go somewhere away from canada/us area. I want to see clear water with white sand. Hey Kay, why don't you come too so I won't be alone hehe ;)

Everything is on the resort, so I wouldn't need to worry about her leaving me somewhere or whatever.

Honestly, I can't seem to feel right about going. It's like a bad feeling. I'm sure they will have an awesome time...and I'm sure I'll say "dang, I wish I went" but I can't seem to feel good about it. Seeing I can't seem to decide, I think it's best I don't go. I really want to travel with friends, she is my own "friend" here. I wish I knew someone else I could go with :( I would so love to go to ohio, florida or utah again...but I don't see how I can go without Zeke. I loved my time I went in Nov, but it was extremely upsetting to have no dog. I don't see how I'll see anyone again, because I can't seem to get him on a plane!!!

Chica
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
If you don't feel comfortable about the trip, then don't go.I took a trip with 3 friends and had a horrible time. I will never do that again. ;)

CountryWolf07
02-08-2006, 06:51 PM
I know what you exactly mean. If you don't feel 100% comfortable about it, then don't go..

sandragonfly
02-08-2006, 07:01 PM
yeah.. me too - if any doubt is in me, it's best to not go. you said you don't want to be around it but you will if you go! I can understand if it's probably not worse than you think it will be, can you talk with your friend what's her plans will be like more specifically and/or will she leave as soon as when you want/need to?

slleipnir
02-08-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't believe a lot of what she says, so I don't know if she's lying to me to get me to go...so I duno...

I've decided not to go. I'm going to see if mom will go with me sometime later on....

Pawsitive Thinking
02-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Sounds like the best decision to me! Not sure you would've enjoyed the trip (manhunt). Stay here with us ;)

catnapper
02-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I'd stay home -- you'll go and resent the time she is off cavorting with island boys. Trust me, she might not plan on doing that, but if she's known for that.... well, the surf, the sand, the annonymity (sp?) she'll be running around after the guys and forgetting you're there. I've been there, done that with my friends in the past.

Why not find a friend who feels the same way you do about drinking and meaningless flings, and take them along? You'll have much more fun because you'll both be awake for the fun stuff on the beach while your party-hearty friends are sleeping off a night of too much booze.

carole
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Audrey you have always struck me as being a wise young woman, and i think you already had your mind made up, you just wanted some re-assurance from us all, you will no doubt have a fun trip later on, one that you will really enjoy.

slleipnir
02-09-2006, 11:25 PM
The thing is, I don't have any other friends. In all honesty. I have one person I talk to from flyball off an on, but she is married, so it's not like she could go anywhere with me, and besides, she is going away this weekend. You guys have no idea how hard it is for me having no one.

I've been feeling so down lately, and I don't know why. I think my depression is coming back. I felt like crying all day. I HATE work and I don't want to go there. I've been working 6 days a week, and I love the money, but I think I can't handle it. It pisses me off. I should be able to do this. Everytime I get a little extra work load piled on me, I get all depressed.

I really need some friends. I mean, I have all you guys, and I love you all to pieces, but you all live so far away! So it's not like we can exactly hang out. *sigh* I'm so sad.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-10-2006, 04:06 AM
BIG hug for you. Sorry you are feeling so low - we all love you and are here to help if we can