PDA

View Full Version : Art EXPERTS come here!!

buttercup132
02-07-2006, 06:39 PM
This is for my art class tell me what you think...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/mydrawing002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/mydrawing001.jpg
It's SUPPOSED to be Sara Michelle Geller but it dosent look like her lol...but I think it looks good as just a person.

Addie
02-07-2006, 07:37 PM
its pretty good...you do better than i ever could! lol! keep up the good work!!

poofy
02-07-2006, 07:38 PM
You did a really great job..its much harder to draw a person i think..Great job :)

Alysser
02-07-2006, 07:47 PM
You did a really great job..its much harder to draw a person i think..Great job :)
AGREED! :D

Husky_mom
02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
i´m no expert, but you did good..........although i´ll suggest for other drawings you make not to "mark" too much the nose lines, and not to draw the whole outline of each teeth, just a little bitty line here and there and for the nose maybe just shadows.....

it is pretty good, keep on practicing, you are on the right track ;)

buttercup132
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
i´m no expert, but you did good..........although i´ll suggest for other drawings you make not to "mark" too much the nose lines, and not to draw the whole outline of each teeth, just a little bitty line here and there and for the nose maybe just shadows.....

it is pretty good, keep on practicing, you are on the right track ;)
Are you kidding me your a EXPERT! lol your amazing I was hoping you would reply for some advice :D

Karen
02-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Okay, you need to add more shading, and that'll diminsh the "lines" of the nose as well.

Right now, her nose if far too wide at the top. Look at the original, see those darker grey areas, particuarly to the right of the bridge of her nose? add some shading in there.

Then you can add shading to better "shape" her chin, and the side of her face as well, which will narrow it some, visually.

So attached, I blocked in pink where shading would help redefine areas. The nose - see the green I put that nearly a heart-shaped area at the end of her nose? that's the "unshaded" shape you'd have left. Don't be afraid to add more definition, and more of an angle to her nostrils - remember, the poor gal's gotta breathe, right?

And if it is pencil, which it looks like it is, you can mostly erase the vertical line you drew in for her teeth, just leave barely a suggestion.

Almost forgot - the yellow mark I made - you left her too much forehead - she doesn't need a broad expanse like mine! So you can easily add more hair to fix that!

Miss Z
02-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Okay, you need to add more shading, and that'll diminsh the "lines" of the nose as well.

Right now, her nose if far too wide at the top. Look at the original, see those darker grey areas, particuarly to the right of the bridge of her nose? add some shading in there.

Then you can add shading to better "shape" her chin, and the side of her face as well, which will narrow it some, visually.

So attached, I blocked in pink where shading would help redefine areas. The nose - see the green I put that nearly a heart-shaped area at the end of her nose? that's the "unshaded" shape you'd have left. Don't be afraid to add more definition, and more of an angle to her nostrils - remember, the poor gal's gotta breathe, right?

And if it is pencil, which it looks like it is, you can mostly erase the vertical line you drew in for her teeth, just leave barely a suggestion.

Almost forgot - the yellow mark I made - you left her too much forehead - she doesn't need a broad expanse like mine! So you can easily add more hair to fix that!

I agree with what Karen and Husky mom said. It's a really good base you've got, but to give it more dimension, and more shading around the nose and maybe a little around the eyes. At the moment, i'm just scanning threads because i'm a bit pushed for time on PT what with helping to sort out my grandad's funeral and stuff:( but if you ever want advice or help then i will gladly help you if you pm me;)

Jessika
02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
The only real problem I saw was that your drawing's face and nose appeared to be MUCH wider than the original. But that may just be due to lack of shading. In any case I completely agree with Karen and Huskey_Mom :)