PDA

View Full Version : I'm so happy!!!!!!!!

Almita
02-07-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm so happy because I finally got my braces off! I have had stuff in my mouth for 6 years! I know that is a lot I have the top ones on and then a couple years later the bottom ones and a retaner and so on. I'm just so excited I can finally see my teeth! Everyone at school were saying I have really straight teeth I don't think so but I was just happy to get them off!

poofy
02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow that is a long time..congrats, and i bet your teeth are straight after all that time.. :)

gemini9961
02-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Good deal, I finally got mine off in October 2002 after 6 years as well. You will feel so weird for a little bit. Remember to keep wearing your retainer to keep them straight.

Almita
02-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the tip since I'm getting my retaner tomorrow after school so ya some people wear them at night but I'm not sure when I wear them some wear them all day.

Alysser
02-07-2006, 06:42 PM
CONGRATS! No offense, but your teeth must have been bad to habve them on that long! I mean its like usually 2-3 years. Anyway, congrats!

Almita
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
they were bad I just had an overbite I still do since they didn't do anything my teeth weren't crooked

Karen
02-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Congratulations!

I had a GREAT orthodontist. When our braces came off, we got a yellow smiley-face button with a big grin that said "construction completed!" In my case, it was "just" 2 years, two months and 15 days, but my sister had them for 4 1/2 years - starting at age 9.

Wear your retainers however your doctor tells you to, whether all day and night, just at night - whatever the doc says. I know more than one person who had to have braces again in their twenties because they didn't wear their retainers in school.

When people tell me I have a nice smile (I grin a lot), I (whose teeth were a mess, overalapping, crooked, etc.) say, as graciously as I can, "Thanks! My parents paid a lot for these teeth!" which makes people smile themselves in appreciation.

KYS
02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Congratulations on getting your braces off.
I bet your teeth look beautiful.
I remember I did not want braces when I was a teen,
and looking back it is one of the best decisions my mom
made. :D

I_luv_rusty
02-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Congrats!!! People always ask me if I ever had braces, because my teeth are so straight but, I never have. lol

Roxyluvsme13
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
LUCKY! My mom hasnt even got them for me yet. Anyways on the brighter side of things, I bet your teeth look awesome! :D

sammy101
02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Congrats!I've had mine on for a year and a little bit,and i probably get them off by May. :)

Almita
02-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone I was having fun looking in the mirror finally seeing my teeth!

JenBKR
02-08-2006, 08:35 AM
YAY! I remember when I got mine off, what a wonderful feeling! I'll give you some advice though, I was bad and didn't wear my retainer like I should have (or much at all) and had to get my bottom braces back on. Make sure to wear your retainer as much as you should!! That is something that I still regret.

Logan
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
My daughter has the most beautiful smile these days, after wearing braces for over 2 years. I only had them on my upper front teeth and the stupid things turned right back to where they started when I no longer wore my retainer. I think that Orthodontists have learned, in recent years, that retainers are probably a lifetime thing. I wish you good luck and congratulations on your beautiful smile!!!! Show us a picture!!! :)

Miss Z
02-08-2006, 11:32 AM
:eek: Wow! 6 years, i thought that i'd had mine on for ages, but i've had mine on for 1 year and 3 months! Congratulations on getting it off, i know what a pain they are:rolleyes: hopefully mine will be coming off soon too!:D

Almita
02-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks everyone! I just came back from the orthodontist and I just got my retaner they are not a pain I just can't talk lol the people that work there didn't have any clue what I was saying I just started laughing.

Chica
02-08-2006, 06:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!ALMITA!!!!!WOOHOO!!!! :) AFTER I GOT MY BRACES OFF, I WORE MY RETAINERS EVERY NIGHT. I DIDN'T WEAR THEM DURING THE DAY. BUT I DID WEAR THEM AT NIGHT FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/blissysmile.gif

Almita
02-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Here is my before and after picture. I don't look nice but my teeth look nice just had to show my teeth lol!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/DYalmitaDY/zzzzzz.jpg

what do ya think?!