PDA

View Full Version : So. California Picnic

Edwina's Secretary
02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
In honor of the visit of Cincy's mom a picnic will be held February 25 at 2:00 pm in Laguna Niguel.

All are welcome.

PM me for address and directions!

slick
02-07-2006, 03:53 PM
My catsitter is secured so all I have to do is clear it with work next week and find a cheap flight. Oh boy, I love nicpics.....

Will there be a parade of hats??? Should I check with Mz Edwina for the appropriate attire???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Waaaaaa....I wanna go....what a perfect birthday present this would be to myself! ;) :( :)

slick
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Not looking good for flights....I can't seem to get one for under $450.00. I thought I could do better than that. :(

All the fares that I checked on Saturday have gone up since then.....in two short days....

Debbie, it would be wonderful if you could be there. :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Check alternative airports! Alternative airlines!

Cincy'sMom
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I'll be there!!! :D

NoahsMommy
02-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Gini sent me here! Thanks for updating me, mom! :)

This looks fun!! It would be so great to meet you, Cincy's Mom!

Slick, check out Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport and LAX as well.

slick
02-08-2006, 10:43 PM
**shakes head**
I just don't know guys.....I just don't know. I looked at my calendar tonight and I've got car insurance on Feb 25th.

pnance
02-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Sounds like fun and I'd love to meet everyone. :D

slick
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Cheap flight booked!!! See you there! :)

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Who-hoo!!! Slick is coming!! (and Kelly too?!?)

Any word from Richard?

Barbara
02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
It is definitely time that you Southern Californians schedule a party I can attend!

Have fun!!!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
02-10-2006, 12:48 PM
It is always party time here in SoCal..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Pnace, somehow I missed your post before! Yeah!! Glad you are able to come!!

slick
02-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I was just browsing the LA weather page and I see that you guys are alot warmer than I thought. I was prepared to bring rain gear down....looks like all I have to pack are shorts and T-shirts. :)

If I made Bailey's would anyone drink it??? :confused:

12 more sleeps! EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!

pnance
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Definately shorts....I'm sitting here in shorts and a T-shirt and I'm warm!!! Who says it's winter... :D

Cincy'sMom
02-11-2006, 07:17 PM
I was just browsing the LA weather page and I see that you guys are alot warmer than I thought. I was prepared to bring rain gear down....looks like all I have to pack are shorts and T-shirts. :)

If I made Bailey's would anyone drink it??? :confused:

12 more sleeps! EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!

Sounds like I better do some shopping!! I don't have many warm weather dress clothes (until I started my new job in December, I wore jeans to work!!)

I would drink some Baileys!!

slick
02-12-2006, 03:20 PM
CM: This afternoon I'm making some doggie bickies to bring with me. Gini, please let your neighbour know that Rusty and Ginger also have some treats coming. ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Treats for the puppies? Oh boy will they be excited!!!

gini
02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone - sorry I haven't been around much lately - too many other things going on.

But, Slick is all set with reservations, and I have a return phone call into Sara to make some final plans...............AND I am excited.

pnance, I haven't p/m'd you, but I thought you might be in touch with Sara for directions and timing. But let me know if I can help.

I think there are others coming for sure - but I will leave that up to Sara to share.

Sara is right - this is a party state - there is always something going on.

And Sara - ;) ;) if you are BBQing in the back yard - why are you calling it a picnic? Are we taking the food someplace else? :D :D Or have you invited ants and just wanted to warn us? Just an opportunity to tease you that I couldn't pass up!

Oh, Barbara, and Debbie and everyone, how I wish that we were closer so that we could be planning these more often.

P.S. Slick, Rusty and Ginger will be verrryyy happy that you are coming to visit.

slick
02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Doggie treats made

Veggie
Cheeze
Peanut Butter

My whole condo smells like Peanut Butter cookies.... :) :) :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
And Sara - ;) ;) if you are BBQing in the back yard - why are you calling it a picnic? Are we taking the food someplace else? :D :D

Food....you mean you guys will be expecting food????? Oh dear....how about hard boiled eggs???? A specialty of mine.

Well....thre is only one SoCal PetTalk BBQ -- a registered trademark I assume? So I had to call it something else.... :rolleyes: ;) :D

AmberLee
02-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Aw, shucks. Wish I could be there.

Have a great time and know that I am wishing you well. Photos would be nice, she begged wistfully... * hint, hint, hint *

slick
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Food? Who needs food??? Just make sure you have a blender in good working order. ;) :D

gini
02-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, my guess is that it would be really wise if Sara didn't show Don this thread!!! :D :D

slick
02-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, my guess is that it would be really wise if Sara didn't show Don this thread!!! :D :D
**snicker snicker**
Does he even know about the gathering yet?? :p

pnance
02-14-2006, 11:47 PM
pnance, I haven't p/m'd you, but I thought you might be in touch with Sara for directions and timing. But let me know if I can help.

Not a problem. I did get in touch with Sara. Thanks!

I have to say I agree with slick, who needs food if you have a good blender... :rolleyes: Besides just add some fruit to those drinks that should satisfy any need for food right? ;)

Barbara
02-15-2006, 11:07 AM
**snicker snicker**
Does he even know about the gathering yet?? :p

Sara is very good in that. When they came to Tuscany in May he had no idea how long he would have to wait for his flight to continue first in Chicago and then in Frankfurt :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2006, 11:10 AM
You know the old saying.....what you don't know won't hurt you..... That is my guide to marital bliss..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-15-2006, 12:39 PM
There's also the "need-to-know" theory on marital bliss, and oftentimes they really don't need to know! ;) :D :p

It's quite complicated, but I almost got Terry to agree to a weekend in sunny SoCal! Unfortunately I don't think he's going to go for it once he finds out the plane will cost about $350.00 each - and the plane would leave from LA at 6:05 AM! :eek:

Waaaaaaahhhh......I wanna go to the first official SoCal Picnic...... :(

Cincy'sMom
02-15-2006, 08:01 PM
It's quite complicated, but I almost got Terry to agree to a weekend in sunny SoCal! Unfortunately I don't think he's going to go for it once he finds out the plane will cost about $350.00 each - and the plane would leave from LA at 6:05 AM! :eek:

Waaaaaaahhhh......I wanna go to the first official SoCal Picnic...... :(

You could come anyway..... :D

gini
02-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Yes, Debbie - I second that motion!!!

slick
02-16-2006, 07:45 AM
and the plane would leave from LA at 6:05 AM!
Excuses, excuses. ;) Tell him that my plane leaves Vancouver at 7am which means that I have to be at the airport by 5:30am at the latest which means that my alarm will go off at 3:30am. :eek:

The things I will do for a PT meeting. ;) :p

Killearn Kitties
02-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Tell him that my plane leaves Vancouver at 7am which means that I have to be at the airport by 5:30am at the latest which means that my alarm will go off at 3:30am. :eek:

HA! 3.30am is when my alarm was SUPPOSED to go off last year, so that I could get to the airport for my 6.20am flight. I woke up at 6.30.

Perhaps that's what Terry is thinking of? :D

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2006, 10:19 AM
My Detroit flight leaves at 7am, and it is an hour drive to the airport!! I'll be on the road by 4 am!!!

NoahsMommy
02-16-2006, 09:24 PM
How exciting, I may try and attend too, if that's OK?

I'm going to make sure I get lots of extra rest that week so I'll be well. It'll be so nice to see everyone and MEET CincysMom! How fun!! :D

Sara, I'm going to PM you on what I can bring.

*hugs*

Cataholic
02-17-2006, 11:11 AM
I am so sorry to miss this! Sounds like such a great time.

ramanth
02-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Have fun!! I'm envious. :D

Cincy'sMom
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
How exciting, I may try and attend too, if that's OK?

Ok? I think you were on the required attendees list!!

slick
02-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh Kelly, I'm praying so hard that your health will allow you to make it. I so want to see you again because I didn't have enough time to talk to you last July. {{{hugs}}}

6 more sleeps. We are supposed to have light snow on the day that I leave. I can hardly wait to be warm again and see some Palm Trees. Can you tell how excited I am?? :D

gini
02-17-2006, 06:23 PM
California weather - right now - 59 degrees and raining.

However, the forecast for next week says..............71 and SUNNY!!

Edwina's Secretary
02-17-2006, 06:38 PM
You have rain?????

I do remind everyone that where I am located is "coastal" so it can be a bit breezing....and chilly in the shade. A light wrap is a good idea.

Cincy'sMom
02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Chilly? Today's high was in the 20's, with 40-60 mph winds :eek: Chilly in California will be gorgeous, I'm sure! :cool:

(of course in typical Ohio fashion roller-coaster weather ,yesterday was 55 and rainy :rolleyes: )

slick
02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
a light wrap
chu chu chu
chu chu chu
I say I'm going on a plane high up the air
Gonna fly so high but I don't care
I can't wait, it's warm over there
And the LA folks don't give me a scare..

chu chu chu
chu chu chu

:cool: :D

slick
02-19-2006, 09:47 PM
I've started packing..... :D :D
4 more sleeps...

Sorry, I'm just soooooo excited.....EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!

gini
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
What, Slick??? Are you going somewhere?

Oh, oh, better clean up the house - Rascal, Annie, Emma, PICK UP YOUR TOYS!! How many times do I have to tell you??? :D :D

RICHARD
02-20-2006, 11:42 AM
A light wrap is a good idea.

Going down to the OC- to see some peeps
Trade some stories and grab some eats.
Folks from all over, gonna be there-
Just follow the thread, don't be scared.
gonna tell jokes, gonna see some cats.
Down in the OC, is where it's at
See y'all there in a few days-
gonna sign off, that's all I gots to say..

Oh, you said WRAP, not RAP! :confused:

catland
02-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. Have fun everyone, but don't get too tired out - you'll only have 4 months to recuperate before the next big event. :D

NoahsMommy
02-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Getting excited!!!

I'm planning on attending - just as long as my body cooperates. ;)

Can't wait!!

gini
02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Miss Kelly, it is your SPIRIT that we love.........not that we don't love your little body too..............♥♥♥

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-22-2006, 09:32 AM
How many more sleeps, Slick? ;) :D

slick
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
I so look forward to seeing you Kelly, sweetie!!! We must set some time aside to "ketchup".

Debbie, it's down to hours now. In 24 hours I'll be flying high so to speak.

Cincy'sMom
02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Have a safe flight, Slick! See you in 74-ish hours!!

slick
02-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Thanks CM.

I'm leaving for the airport. Up, up and aaawwwwwaaayyyyyy!!! :)

Randi
02-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Isn't this exiting! :D Have a safe flight, Vickie - you must be in the air now. :) You could have mentioned the flight no. so we could track you! ;)

Give Gini a big hug the minute you get there! And have fun!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I'll be heading for SoCal in just a few hours! I have had a great time but I need to get ready for the picnic!!!!!

gini
02-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Well that's funny - what a coincidence - I will be going to the airport too in just a couple of hours :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks CM.

I'm leaving for the airport. Up, up and aaawwwwwaaayyyyyy!!! :)

:eek: :eek: Has anyone noted the time on this post?! 6:33 am Central time, which means 4:33 am Pacific time!!! :eek: :eek: I know Slick will be too excited to sleep on the plane so Gini, you might want to make sure the couch has some comfy blankets on it because somebody might just crash this afternoon. ;) Then again.....probably not. I know I'd be too excited to sleep, hell, you can always sleep when you get back home. ;) :D

Once again I'm just so jealous. Sure wish I could be there.

Sara, you're on your way to SoCal? Don't you live in SoCal? Must be out of town on work..... ;) :D

gini
02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Slick's bed is all made up - ready when she is.............

When she arrives I am taking her to the Ashes and Snow exhibit that is here in Santa Monica until May. Then we will have lunch and work our way back to my home. (all about animals)

Tomorrow we drive down to Sara's - pick her up and we are going to the San Diego Zoo to see the Pandas!!! (all about animals)

Then we will drive back to Sara's and I finally will get to meet Edwina and Eddie! (all about animals).

Sara was out of town on business. I wonder if she has told Don yet??? :D

slick
02-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I made it here in sunny Cali. The flight was a smooth one and I told the pilot to put the pedal to the medal. We arrived 10 min early but took awhile to get my luggage.

The Ashes & Snow exhibit is absolutely awesome. For me, very intense and emotional. I encourage all of you to attend if the show is anywhere near where you live.

We then had lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. right on Santa Monica beach. Hey, we Canucks don't have beaches like that. The sand went on and on and on.

So after some shopping we are now back home where I was greeted by Rascal. Annie looked at me but wouldn't approach. Have not seen Emma yet. Anyway I'm going to change clothes now. I dressed for Vancouver this morning..... :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Home.....

Gini...don't you know how well men like surprises??? Why tell him now and ruin it???? ;) ;) :rolleyes: :D

Cincy'sMom
02-24-2006, 05:11 AM
25 hours, and I'm leaving on a jet plane!!!

lbaker
02-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I really want to tell you all how jealous I am but don't really have words right now. So I guess I'll reply just so I can get "Reply From Pet Talk" on my messages and won't lose track. I am pitifull perhaps to go to such desparate means without contributing.

NoahsMommy
02-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Miss Kelly, it is your SPIRIT that we love.........not that we don't love your little body too..............♥♥♥

little...oh how I miss my little body. :( Of all the things crohn's has done to me, this is the worst. :(

Ugh...death to prednisone!!!

OK...sorry, tangent.

Thanks, my love!! I cant wait to see you tomorrow!!! :D

Russian Blue
02-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Enjoy the picnic everyone! And think of all of us PT'ers that can't join you but will be there in spirit. ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-24-2006, 09:11 PM
'Bout time to head to bed...gotta get up and head to the airport in 5 hours!!!

See ya tomorrow on the left coast!!!

Edwina's Secretary
02-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi folks. This is Slick on Sara's PC. I just want to say how I wish you all could have been here today. We took a trip to the San Diego Zoo and what an awesome time we had. The main attraction, the Pandas were out but not too active. Daddy was on his back chowing down on some lunch, and Momma and Baby were next door. Momma was sleeping and Baby was sleeping too but she was all curled up high up in a tree. I took lots of pictures and will get them developed next weekend. :)

Oh yes, and I got a taste of California traffic. Let's just say I'll never complain about Vancouver traffic ever again. So now, we are just chilling out and relaxing before dinner. CM, see you tomorrow.

Laurie, you are here in spirit, Sis. xoxoxoxo

Kelly, can't wait to see you and Richard tomorrow. Kass, {{{hugs}}} to you and one of these days I'll venture on over your way.

Signing off for now.
slick xoxoxo

shais_mom
02-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Could someone call Richard or Kelly - I am mapquesting them directions right now....

NoahsMommy
02-25-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm HOME!!! :)

Thanks for a LOVELY afternoon, guys! I loved meeting Amy and Tricia...and the E's in person!

Sara and Don, you have a beautiful home...I just love all the personal touches that make it yours. Thank you for inviting me.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Off to go cuddle my furballs...and the new kitten downstairs. Then bed.

I'm home safe, Mom and Slick. :) **hugs**

Love, Kelly :)

pnance
02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I made it home without getting lost!!! I guess I did enough of that when I was trying to get there... :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say thanks to Sara and Don, you have a beautiful home (I loved the throw pillows!!) and I had a great afternoon.

I really enjoyed getting to meet everyone, Amy, Slick, Gini, Kelly, Richard (loved the hat!!) and the E's. I apologize I can't recall your friends name Sara.

Slick the pups and kitties loved the toys and treats, I posted some pics in cat and dog general.

Thanks again,

Tricia :D

ramanth
02-27-2006, 08:42 AM
I am so jealous. :p :D Where are the pictures!?!

Barbara
02-27-2006, 11:24 AM
I am so jealous. :p :D Where are the pictures!?!
Same question here! And same emotional status :D

gini
02-27-2006, 03:17 PM
"From Slick...writing under Gini's logon"

Well, here I am...still at Gini's place. She is driving me to the airport in about 30 min. As usual, I'm packing with a heavy heart.

I can't thank Sara and Don enough for their hospitality and the E's for letting me into their world for a brief time. It was so nice to see Richard and Kelly again....Trish and Amy, I can't tell you how wonderful it was to meet you and I really hope we keep in touch.

Gini, my dear, dear friend.....how can I ever repay you?? LES..... I'll write you later when I get home.

As for pictures, well, I have about 4 rolls to develop but won't get around to it until the weekend. I'll post again when later tonight.

Until next time, America.....

Cincy'sMom
02-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone!!! I have successfully made it to our sales meeting here in San Diego...and of course the first thing I am doing (after tryin to call my husband), is checkin in from my web TV ni my room! It is slower then I am used t, butI finally have oppertunity to say ahuge THANK YOU to Sara and DON, for a wonderful afternoo/evening, and to Gini, Kelly, Richard, Trica and Slick for coming to meet me!! What a great time!! What a great time!! You guys are so fun and entertaining! What laughs!!

I promise to share some pictures when I get home Thursday!

Thank you all again!

gini
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Slick is now UP UP AND AWAY!!! It is raining here very hard and promises to continue throughout the night.

Sara and Don thank you for opening up your beautiful home to all of us.
The Pet Talk Family just gets closer and closer.

Amy - we loved meeting you, even though we didn't let you get a word in edge-wise ;) ;)

And uh, do you HAVE to post ALL of the pictures????

Tricia, glad that you made it home safely - Kelly and Richard too............

Fun is over for now and it is back to work we go - hi-ho (well not exactly, that enthusiastically).

NoahsMommy
02-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Awww....so now we all have to get back to "the real world" again? Even Amy has to work today! ;)

Slick, I hope you arrive home safely and not sadly. We'll see you again soon, we'll keep watching those flight rates for you. :D Check your mail in the coming days, my critters were all crowded around my box that contains my cards, stickers and pens last night. ;)

Amy, I hope you had a nice time. It was so nice to meet you. Tricia, I'm sorry I got your name wrong in my first post, I changed it now. It was great to meet you...I'm glad you got safely home. :)

Now...what should we plan for the next meeting??? July sure is coming quick!! Yay!! :D

slick
02-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Slick is now UP UP AND AWAY!!!
Ha!!! Wishful thinking Gini.

I got home around 11pm and very tired. I thought it was going to be smooth sailing....errr...flying, but I was wrong.

First of all, Gini dropped me off at terminal 3, Alaska Airlines. I went to check in and they told me that I was at the wrong terminal. The small print on my confirmation says "operated by American Airlines" which I didn't read. :o So after a 10 min hike to terminal 4 I stand in line to check in again and then I'm told I'm in the wrong line. Since I'm travelling international, I should be "way over there" by the red markers. After another 5 min hike, I finally wait in line. When I get up to the counter it was 2:50 and my flight was supposed to leave at 3:18. I was sure I was going to miss it, then the lady said that it wasn't leaving until 3:45. Whew! I made it through security and flew down to the gate. That flight was smooth.

So now I'm in San Francisco where I'm supposed to change planes. It was 5:28 and my connecting flight was supposed to leave at 6:13. It literally took 20 min to walk to the next gate. Once I got there the guy beside me had purchased some duty free booze. I didn't have much time, but he gave me directions and I flew down to make my purchase. :) Ketel One, I might add!! :)

Now......here come the exciting part. It was very windy and rainy. We boarded the plane. The plane left on time and taxied out into the night then stopped. We waited. We waited. Then the captain said that "the wind has picked up and we will have to wait for another while until it dies down". We waited. We waited. Then he came on again and said that "the winds are 70 mph and here is a thunder storm going on and it's not safe to fly so we have to taxi back to the gate and wait"....oh, and fuel up too! :eek: At that point the plane was grounded indefinitely.

Now, knowing that I wouldn't be late getting home, I instructed my catsitter not to feed Max his supper. Now that I may not get home at all, I need to call them. I have no cell phone.

I reach into my wallet and grabbed $4 Canadian coin. I yelled out "who wants to earn $4 by letting me use your cell phone to make a long distance call?" I guess $4 wasn't enough because only one person came forward. :p I made the call and Max was already fed. Whew again! Now we sat and waited. We waited. We waited....and we waited. Finally at about 7:50 the captain said it's OK to fly and "by the way, we have a strong tailwind to help us along." That flight was very bumpy but I made it.

Folks, this was my first experience at connecting flights and believe me, it will be my last. I am thankful though that my luggage came through. Gotta go now, Max is all over me and wants to be fed. Yeah right!! :D

AmberLee
02-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Glad you are home safe and sound, Slick. Whew, what an adventure!!!

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Yep, it is back to the real world...sort of. This sales group sure is an interestnig one!!! It will be interesting to see how everyone is feeling this morning!!

Gini- I don't have to post all the pictures...I can be bribed!!!

Glad you made ithome Slick! Isn't changing planes fun!! When you really want adventure, trying changing airlines mid-trip!!!!

ramanth
02-28-2006, 08:25 AM
What an ordeal Slick!

When I flew out to CA, my flight was delayed because the bathroom on the plane was not working and they had to fix it before we could take off.

My thought was, make people use the bathroom before we leave and they can just hold it for an hour! I'm such a meanie. :p :o :D

anna_66
02-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I've been keeping watch on this thread waiting to see pictures and hear about all the fun you had (doesn't sound like you had too much fun on the way home Slick:eek: ). Wish I could have been there too!

I'll be waiting to see the pictures:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Whew, glad you made it home safely, Slick! I always recommend flying direct, but I know sometimes it's just not possible. I had heard about the terrible rain and winds in SF, but didn't know you were flying out of there. Good thing because I would have been worried to death! ;)

<tapping foot>................<drumming fingers on desk>..............<waiting>....<waiting>....<waiting>....

lbaker
02-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Surely [don't call me shirley!!] someone else besides Slick took pictures :confused: *grumble grumble whine*

Edwina's Secretary
02-28-2006, 10:45 AM
as the hostess.....I wa not able to take photos during the actual picnic....but here are some before...and at the end....

Baby Panda
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p9127cece59f0e1a0c663bee144690602/f0026cf1.jpg
One of the It Sisters
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p9fc4ad42d2c76203300df8d15676cd77/f0026b34.jpg
Don makes friends
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p8101f4f6da97b165984967d6886b8a0e/f0026a98.jpg
Edwina models her new pink beads from Kelly
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p6eaad577558bced4e4da96d81c5e495f/f00267df.jpg
Eddie makes cute for Cincy's Mom
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p3ee70ce41bee029ca3cf6c1991cdd0fd/f00269be.jpg

lbaker
02-28-2006, 11:02 AM
hmmmmmm, would that be a green slushie I see on the table :p :D Thanks Sara!
OIS [aka "Other It Sister] ;)

gini
02-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Amy, just name your price! :D :D

Ha, but it looks as though Sara has already shown one of the lovely pictures. Now, keep in mind, that it was SARA taking the picture as we snuggled in with her husband, Don.

I simply have to tell you - you have not lived until you have met the "E's"
they are everything and more that you see in the pictures. Edwina gives a whole new meaning to "hissy fit"............ :) She can take only so much attention - and when you have passed her limit - she tells you.

I think I did take a couple of pictures - I will try to post them tonight.

slick
02-28-2006, 11:04 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p8101f4f6da97b165984967d6886b8a0e/f0026a98.jpg
No no, none of those drinks were mine..... :p :o

ramanth
02-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Yay! Happy to see some pictures. Looking forward to more.

I've been blessed to meet the E's too. :D

Killearn Kitties
02-28-2006, 11:12 AM
What great pictures! :D Oh I'm so jealous now, it looks so much fun.

Looking good, Edwina!

Barbara
02-28-2006, 02:14 PM
My notions:
Looks as if Don had fun (you know I never worry for the girls- but the boys you never know ;))

Yummy Margaritas!

Lady Edwina, those pink beads look awesome on you :D

Karen: we have to make sure they will be as jealous they miss us next weekend as we are now missing the SoCal party! :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Yippee, pictures!

My thoughts.

1. Awwwww......a baby panda! :cool:

2. What did the people in the passing tram cars think of Cousin ITT? What would they have thought had both sisters been there? :eek:

3. Aaaahhh.....good friends, good slushies and good looking men - what more can anyone ask for? ;)

4. Edwina, you look mah-va-lous. As usual. :D

5. Eddie, go a little closer! Come on, you know you want to, she won't hiss, spit and swat like Edwina does. ;)

Gini - I'm glad I'm not the only PT'er Edwina has "told off." :D :rolleyes:

Barbara - what? You and Karen are getting together? Waaahhhh....I'm so jealous! ;) :D By the way, Terry will be in Germany at the end of March. I begged and pleaded, pouted and ranted, but unfortunately I can't go with. :(

RedHedd
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Yikes, Slick! You were stuck at SFO last night? :eek: The winds were HORRENDOUS! Up to 98 mph over an Angel Island. If I'd a known you were at SFO I would have stopped by on my way home from work. My office is one freeway exit away from the airport! <sigh> next time .... Glad you got home safe!

slick
02-28-2006, 05:07 PM
RedHedd, I did think about contacting you earlier but if everything had gone according to hoyle, then I would have only had 1 hour to spare. As it was, all the waiting time was aboard the plane and because the flight out of LA was late leaving, I got to SF gate with about 20 min. to spare. There wouldn't have been any time to meet. For sure, next time. :)

pnance
03-01-2006, 12:06 AM
[IMG]
No no, none of those drinks were mine..... :p :o
Thats not what I heard... :D

Slick I'm glad to hear you made it home safely. I'm sure Max made sure you understood being late was not acceptable... ;)

Gini pics aren't bad....their good for lots of things.....blackmail, embarressment, and comments like "when did I do that????"...to name just a few :rolleyes: :D :eek:

Looks like pics all come down to Cincy's mom and Slick..I took some but most came out way to dark to see anything...definately time for a new camera..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/ped9f00202fd93fb6157d7957f5e3ad39/effe41c8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p23dd1f138dab08d8f198475541d758ad/effe41bd.jpg

slick
03-01-2006, 12:36 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p23dd1f138dab08d8f198475541d758ad/effe41bd.jpg
:D :D Let's see.....Now what, pray tell, is Gini thinking of doing with that can of Reddi Whip???? ;) :p :eek: :D

ChrisH
03-01-2006, 03:48 AM
I tried to lighten those pics a bit. Not great, but a bit better.

Barbara
03-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks Chris :D If the hair is green, does that mean there is too much slushie in it? :D

lbaker
03-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Green slushies in the hair and ReddiWhip :eek: Why, that makes the SoCal BBQ look positively TAME :D :D

gini
03-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Green slushies in the hair and ReddiWhip :eek: Why, that makes the SoCal BBQ look positively TAME :D :D

I don't think so.............if it was true, it would make it the First Annual Pet Talk Picnic and THE LAST!!! :D :D

Edwina would NOT be amused!

Edwina's Secretary
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
You will note I am not in the pictures....nor do I have any of the green hair, slushies, or whip cream. I know better..... ;) ;) :p ;) ;)

RICHARD
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Ed is a stud and Edwina is beautiful.

Thank you Sara and Don.....I had a great time....

And Don, I want that chocolate martini recipe....

Should I ever decide to date again.....Who needs a date rape drug when you can use chocolate? :eek:

Cincy'sMom
03-02-2006, 10:26 AM
I returned home this morning to an ice covered truck and freezing drizzle! Boy it is good to be home!!!

My camera is still out inthe car. I'm going to give my babies some loving, start some laundry, and hopefully this afternoon working on getting some pictures up!!

slick
03-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Amy, welcome back to reality. Horrible, isn't it??? :( Glad you had a safe trip home and looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

I will be taking in my rolls of film this weekend.

Cinder & Smoke
03-02-2006, 10:51 AM
I returned home this morning to an ice covered truck and freezing drizzle!
Boy it is good to be home!!!

:D

Welcome back to Ohio!

:rolleyes:

gini
03-02-2006, 11:11 AM
There really isn't any place quite like "home" is there?

Welcome home.............it was so lovely to meet you. You gave us the best reason to have a party - and thanks to Sara and Don we had a fun day together.

Cincy'sMom
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Ugh...no batteries are charged!! Charging now, hope to upload soon!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Finally got the pictures uploaded. I have to apoligize, someof the people pictures are blurry...didn't have the camera set right :rolleyes: The cat pictures came out well though!!

Eddie the jungle cat
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p3fb77af98cc47d025663abf5026634e4/eff9e4a2.jpg

A less then happy Edwina
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pe8e2c95403af96054ed0f08fa2abe19a/eff9e440.jpg

But isn't she cute?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pc45418078afbe0e1607d180a1d4a797f/eff9e428.jpg

Eddie loves the lovin'..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p78568e8e1b2335e622a341089105686d/eff9e301.jpg

Edwina still isn't too happy...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pb71d0bdbf2ceef18d86c0cac1b351137/eff9e2c4.jpg

Cincy'sMom
03-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Sunday I spent the day at the beach before I met up with my co-workers. here is a few scenery pictures
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p2f6a431d1164c744fa7425c2ff3cbcf4/eff9e1e9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pb3a6f1be80253febd18c96849cf94de4/eff9e018.jpg

There was even a horse out enjoying the weather!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p7703a598cb01628351f34914456514bd/eff9de1e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p14d07fa5d0973799549e43c77709e92a/eff9db18.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p11c9420ea2591be65e321e6b21b3ef04/eff9daab.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pca140d1c25f2ac3d5f9033f8323eed56/eff9d9ae.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p000953d924cbe25050c56f87ba97f662/eff9d822.jpg

Here is the album...
California Trip (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2108674620)

gini
03-02-2006, 06:02 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pc45418078afbe0e1607d180a1d4a797f/eff9e428.jpg

She didn't talk to Sara for hours after this event!!

NoahsMommy
03-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm so glad you made it home safely, Amy. :) It was lovely to meet you...hope to do it again somehow. :D

Slick...I cannot believe you had so much trouble just trying to get back home. Maybe its an omen - you need to live here with us. ;)

Great pictures, Amy!! I'll look more closely at your link this weekend...getting sleepy.

pnance
03-03-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm glad you made it home safe and sound Amy. It was great meeting you although I'm not sure Edwina will forgive you for posting that pic.. :D :rolleyes:

shais_mom
03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
great pics posted Amy :)
Off to look at the alblum! :)

Killearn Kitties
03-03-2006, 03:25 AM
:eek: I don't take that many pictures in a two week holiday! :D Thanks very much. I enjoyed seeing them all!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-03-2006, 09:22 AM
She didn't talk to Sara for hours after this event!!
And understandably so! ;) :D

Off to look at the album. :D

ramanth
03-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Great photos Amy! Happy you made it home safely. :)

I love this photo:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p7ecfe6c3ddb76e3c99c4bd9927ca83c2/eff9e42a.jpg
The look says it all. ;) :D

slick
03-04-2006, 08:41 PM
My rolls 4 rolls of film are going in tomorrow for processing. Watch for pics tomorrow night. :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-04-2006, 09:15 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pd5e53626ae1be94b09941d11965135b9/eff9e584.jpg

Hey Amy ~

Which one of these came with the room??

:D

cyber-sibes
03-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Welcome back to the Ohio flatlands, Amy! Wow, those pictures were lovely with the mountains in the background, beautiful sunsets. Oceans & beaches.....what a nice change of palette from Ohio Grey.
Edwina looks so cute in that hateful little hoodie sweater! Nice to see other PTers, too. Sounds like you had a little extra adventure, Slick. Your luggage arrived too? lucky you, mine usually doesn't! They lost my husband once, too, but that's another story. :rolleyes:

anna_66
03-05-2006, 08:23 AM
I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures, it really looks like you all had a very nice time (I'm jealous:p). Slick I'm looking forward to seeing yours as well.

Gotta say Sara, your two kitties are beautiful! Edwina does look ever so cute in her sweater!

slick
03-06-2006, 09:27 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p92d756a39051a5ad2d1dfaaa90aeec2c/efefe84d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pe2e07ada6c488c5156fadd1315aa921b/efefe850.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p7af6aabe104dd73fb8c1a598b325092a/efefe84b.jpg
Sadly, could not find any humans to go along with this....

These are just teasers. I'm sorry but on the run right now. Will try to post the rest from work....there are lots more and quite a few from the San Diego Zoo. :)

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2006, 04:29 AM
Well, I am officially teased! I need more photos! Can't wait to see the rest. It looks so much fun. :D

slick
03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Sorry Karen. I've been catsitting and not getting home until late but they are back now so will endeavour to get them posted tonight.

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2006, 04:32 AM
Don't you worry, sweetie! I'm extremely slow with pictures. I just like to see everyone else's really quickly! :D

slick
03-09-2006, 05:14 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p2106d1ee1baee9560ca5946b13a91ce4/efe8992d.jpg
Eddie.....waiting for the party to start.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p09bbed8ea658b9284df8af42411260d6/efe8999d.jpg
Mz Edwina. That's a little purse sitting on top of her....a present from Mz Gini.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p9f5708f2878cc48b689fe658f9ef0ea9/efe8999b.jpg
The dynamic duo basking by the pool.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p6e7fb49f65972377d4e31e192662be92/efe89963.jpg
Our infamous bartender. I wore that hat when I got off the plane last July and when I left to come home it made it's way to Richard's house.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pade10b08adc1d2be37a3252de866c4da/efe89991.jpg
The beautiful Mz Gini.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p3cc9ad392beae9f07a31eaf342293be1/efe8994e.jpg
Amy (Cincy's Mom). She's the reason the party was organized in the first place. It was sooo nice to meet you Amy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p7ce9ebfffad3f7b2a4ac91b1f972c99b/efe89982.jpg
Kelly (Noah's Mom...standing) and Trish (Pnance....sitting in chair) BTW, that's dessert in those two boxes....two kinds of pie. Trish, I hope you get a chance to attend the BBQ in July. ;)

....more coming

slick
03-09-2006, 05:31 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p85871a79dbaad69b090954c84488ba59/efe89984.jpg
If I had the right program I'd cut myself out of this one.....
This was taken the morning of the party. Mz Gini and I toured the Mission at San Juan Capistrano. In the background was a pond with some beautiful fishies.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p0ae90383ade45b8c72d962cb0923c072/efe89970.jpg
Rascal and Annie?? or Emma?? I still can't tell the difference. Check out those Moon Eyes.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pd31e8c2ee5830213c8768fd693cb18df/efe89976.jpg
Rascal. He was having his "way" with a catnip plant.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p639ffd76cf0ab9b06194fda0392af914/efe89942.jpg
Annie??? Emma???? I swear I think those two should wear name tags. It's probably Annie as I don't think Emma would let me get that close.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pdf52b0bfa1269da62aafd900b4e22c5b/efe89953.jpg
I went to get into bed one night and this is what I found. Sadly I slept alone that night.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p5574d52222349ad6a7d2627a88e50f72/efe8998f.jpg
Mz Gini and Rusty. Rusty belongs to Gini's neighbour across the street.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p7845373529e081f3323fb22a2ed69c75/efe8995f.jpg
This Ginger, Rusty's housemate.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p6aefb9563a1c912d8c3a21b3e02d427a/efe8994f.jpg
This the house where the Munster's was filmed. Or was it the Adam's family??? Lord, I need to get some sleep.

...a couple more coming

slick
03-09-2006, 05:39 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p6534a6f08b565b92e6e46204217bb22a/efe8995d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pb97fd1aa3c1e4fd13d413351c4c54191/efe89937.jpg
The white sandy beach seemed to go on and on for miles.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p95535c7002a18cadddaa7bd8dfb00005/efe8997f.jpg
Some of Mario's relatives just "hanging" around.

That's it. :)

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2006, 05:42 AM
OMG, what a treat! All those photos - I felt as if I was there! :D :D Thank you so much! It all looks so much fun.

And your bed! Heaven on earth - three sweet kitties! I love it.

That's a lovely picture of you and Gini at the Mission. Don't you dare crop it. :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 10:02 AM
GREAT pictures, Slick, thanks!

Didn't you just love that Mission? It was so beautiful, neat, and peaceful. I can see why Sara would want to work there - couldn't find a better working environment. :D Got a short little video of Terry at the mission...have to see if I have it here at work....

cyber-sibes
03-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Thank you all for sharing your pictures with us.

My brother-in-law lives in San Juan Capistrano. He took us to see the Mission a number of years back. It is beautiful! We sat by that fish pond, too! I'd love to go back again someday.

gini
03-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes, you are seeing correctly, Eddie and Edwina sitting together!!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pae9b9bcf1d9c04bcc1fd3720ab1706c4/efe5381f.jpg

You have a present? For me?http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p608b7478f6fcf4545f52db44d5aadd8e/efe535fd.jpg

gini
03-09-2006, 10:41 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pc08c316c40ca2e89cec0471fbac59f59/efe535e8.jpg

Oh, all of the presents are for Edwina, I see.

gini
03-09-2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pfd2c3dc19e79b4b2d0fb507116daf83f/efe535c2.jpg

Oh, a purrrrssseee.........thank you!

gini
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pb77f4f251b30b6c2e576c6ebd2584516/efe53575.jpg

Red for royalty - my favorite color!!

lbaker
03-09-2006, 10:46 AM
My goodness, the E's certainly are - um, er ... healthy aren't they ;)

gini
03-09-2006, 10:52 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p5d3cc32a59474c2ae927f23a910dd7df/efe5354f.jpg

We have from the right Kelly, and in the center, Tricia, and on your left we have ..........uh, we have, uh, um, oh dear, I don't know who "it" is! :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p5757d33e2ef41385499df380f98cd40b/efe5351d.jpg

See, he was being good!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p0b694ec11194b53e1226ac1d09d4f4b1/efe53512.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pcb48ed5189fc3e167bf73bfb531f2e98/efe53822.jpg

A few California poppies from the Mission

gini
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p4487f1e76de8fe3c7c68d03958cd2b14/efe53820.jpg

Sara and Don at the Mexican restaurant we terrorized!

gini
03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p96f2ca844174fe0699d1df211babc815/efe53821.jpg

Gao Gao, the father of the new cub Su Lin. All he does is eat for six straight hours! WOW!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p760b75a0d34f49f3cb70982426bb1fdc/efe53784.jpg

The new cub, Su Lin, high in a tree where Mom told her to stay!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pfec59e57d6eb9a2d36531076808f9eaf/efe53761.jpg

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I can distinctly see hard boiled eggs on one of those platters!

gini
03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p63aa59fdc05b7203fe34c9645eb02315/efe53678.jpg

This is the Mom - Bai Yun - getting a well deserved nap! Now you know why she tells the cub to stay up in the tree!! :D

gini
03-09-2006, 11:10 AM
:D Slick and I wondered if anyone would see the hard boiled eggs. Hey, Slick and I worked hard on those.............and not one was left. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 11:56 AM
More great pics! :D

My question is....why do all the glasses look half empty? Really....I'm an optimist at heart, but when it comes to slushies, a 1/2 full glass means it's almost time for a refill so it's a good thing. :D Actually, at first I thought it looked like milk in all the glasses and I couldn't figure out why everyone was drinking milk out of margarita glasses. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Those eggs look absolutley yummy!! I haven't had a deviled egg in a long time....and it's almost lunchtime here so I'm extra starving. Hmmm....where can I get a deviled egg in Chicago......?

Laurie, the "health" of the E's can only be fully appreciated in person. ;) And last time I saw them, Eddie was much more "healthy" than Edwina, thus the prescription diet food. ;) :D

shais_mom
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
great pics Slick and Gini!
Slick I think that's a great photo of you and Gini! :)

mruffruff
03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I agree!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Terry's idea of working at the Mission. :D

slick
03-09-2006, 06:59 PM
LOLOLOL :D :D too funny, Debbie.

Randi
03-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Slick, seeing your pictures is almost like being back, I just know you all had a great time! :D I love the one of the E’s sitting on “my” sun bed. ;) Of course, Edwina HAS to sit with her behind towards Eddie - typical! :rolleyes: However, it’s good to see them so close at all! :) I too love the one of Sara and Don, and of course, I saved it. The one of you and Gini at the Mission is wonderful!! It's a great place, isn't it!!

I love seeing Rascal having a good time with his catnip plant - and awww, three orangies on your bed!! :D Wouldn’t that have been a treat if they had stayed! Maybe next time. :)

Oh, Santa Monica beach brings back good memories - isn’t that a fantastic place!!

Thanks for sharing those wonderful moments. :)

Barbara
03-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I am so jealous! I would have loved to be there! Thanks for all these great pics :)

NoahsMommy
03-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Just sneaking in to check out the pictures...that one with "it", Tricia and me...wow...what's going on with me? I swear I was having a GREAT time!

LOVELY pictures, Slick and Gini! :)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Great pictures!!! Wish I could have madeit out sooner to go with you to the zoo and the mission!!! Guess I'll just have to come back!!

RICHARD
03-15-2006, 01:56 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p6e7fb49f65972377d4e31e192662be92/efe89963.jpg
Our infamous bartender. I wore that hat when I got off the plane last July and when I left to come home it made it's way to Richard's house.

For the record....I do not know where Brokeback Mountain is.... :p :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: