PDA

View Full Version : Question about betta tank?

chocolatepuppy
02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I have an Mini Bow 2.5 gallon I want to put one of my bettas in. It has an in-tank Whisper filter/pump. Will the currant be too strong for the betta? It has two speeds, is low speed enough if he doesn't like high speed? :confused:

Jessika
02-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Some bettas are fine with it, but others it will stress them out.

My friend had the same tank I believe and she could not keep a betta for more than a couple of months at a time in it. They kept dying, and she didn't know why! I suggested that she get a tank without the filter instead, and since then her bettas have been fine!

chocolatepuppy
02-07-2006, 05:08 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. I read somewhere they like peaceful waters. I wonder about tanks with the filter in the hood? I have a two gallon Eclipse that I have tetras in now, but will be moving them to a bigger tank soon. I sure don't want to lose any of my bettas because I move them.

Jessika
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
The only real way to know is to try it out :( As I said, some bettas are completely fine with it, but others aren't. :(

Uabassoon
02-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't use the high setting at all. Start with the low setting and if it seems to bother him then just shut it off. Bettas don't need a filter, just make sure to clean your tank on a regular basis.