PDA

View Full Version : Is your cat a "thief"?

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe the word "thief" is a bit to harsh. But I am sure we have lots of "thiefs" here on the forum :)

Maya loves to look around on the table after we had lunch. She always wants to know IF we had chicken; IF there is some left on the table, she always steals it. Maya cannot resist to a good piece of fried chicken ;)

Inka is a good girl, no stealing :)

But then there is Zazou, AND Snoopy :eek: ! OMG, Zazou always jumps on everything, checking if there is nothing she can use as a toy. No need to be round like a ball, a pencil is fine too!!! Last week I left my new ring (made of orange beads) on the table... . Guess where I found it back: under the couch!!
Snoopy is as bad as Zazou!! She will come and steal my pencil even while I am still writing with it!! She is a little devil, he he!Last friday my hubby was eating a homemade rice-cake. He left it on the table while he went to get his newspaper. There came Snoopy: she jumped on the table, took the cake between her teeth, and disappeared with it!! When I tried to take it from her, she even growled!!

so, more thiefs on PT ??

Catsnclay
02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Oh, you bet!!

Yoshi is our theif. I always warn overnight guests to close their bedroom doors because of Yoshi.

One time a new friend came in to actually meet us in person (we met over the internet!) and I had forgot to warn her because we were chatty cathy's.

The last day of her stay she came out and had this look on her face, and I asked what the matter was. She was quite embarrassed and didn't want to tell me. I finally got it out of her.....she took off her jewlery off, put it on the dresser and the next morning everything was moved and her diamond engagement ring was missing! :eek: She said she KNEW she took it off and put it with the rest, but now she couldn't find it.

The good hosts we were, Tim & I started laughing our butts off .. :confused: :eek: and she didn't understand. We explained about Yoshi's bad habit, and all 3 of us did a complete search of the house.

Within minutes we not only found her ring, but a bracelet she didn't realize was missing too! :rolleyes:

When you live with a "thief" you tend to know where his favorite hiding places are :D

So we all learned a lesson that day.........keep the guest room door closed, and keep anything that can be picked up by a little mouth out of view!

I have no idea how or why Yoshi has gotten this habit......his 2 older brothers never did this...........then again Yoshi has always been the leader in doing the "different" around this house!! :rolleyes: :eek:

AlleyCat
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Abby likes to "borrow" our pens. All of 'em !! :rolleyes: She waits until we're not looking and then picks them up and carries them off. I find tons of them under the couches and beds .. What she does with them I don't know, unless she's got a secret writing passion that I don't know about ?? :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
When Eddie first came to live with us he would take the meat off my plate and takeoff with it.

He seems to have accepted he WILL be fed and need not steal his supper.

But now that you mention it... I wonder if that is why I have so many single earrings......Eddie!!!!

joanofark
02-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Hobo likes to steal bottlecaps. LOL, he will accually come up and sit on your lap while your drinking out of a bottle of water until you give it to him. And if it's on a table and the cap's loose he'll knock it right off-- and even knock the whole bottle over sometimes!! He likes coins too, now THATS a theif. He gets into our purses, digs around and goes to take it somewhere. He likes hiding them in our shoes most of the time!! Silly kitty! :D :p

catmandu
02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Tubby2 likes to snack at my Sandwhich,as he feels as though I am having too much meat.
Scrappy2 will stick her nose in my glass of milk,as she thinks that I should be having water.
And The Kittens will drag a sausage out of the bun,as I should be having a Salad instead.
Thats not theft,thats concern for my well being.
They told me so,themselves.

momcat
02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Groucho is a good little guy and tends to check things out rather than run off with something he shouldn't have. But there is one major exception. If I'm not careful or really paying attention, Groucho will run off with my hearing aid. For some reason he's completely fascinated with it. Most of the time I take it off, clean it, then put it right in the case. Groucho will then paw at the case and give the most pathetic meow as if the greatest cat toy in the world is being kept from him.

AlleyCat
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Groucho is a good little guy and tends to check things out rather than run off with something he shouldn't have. But there is one major exception. If I'm not careful or really paying attention, Groucho will run off with my hearing aid. For some reason he's completely fascinated with it. Most of the time I take it off, clean it, then put it right in the case. Groucho will then paw at the case and give the most pathetic meow as if the greatest cat toy in the world is being kept from him.

That happened to a friend of mine, only it wasn't a cat and it was a dog, so he didn't just run off with the hearing aid, he chewed the thing to pieces! (That's one expensive toy !!!!!!)

Uniqueviking
02-08-2006, 01:22 AM
YES! Boomer takes off with everything he can possibly carry. Everything from my cell phone to pens, tools and screws + he just loves USB cords for some reason.

Sometimes those things go flying out the window - that's mostly toys, though, and it doesn't happen too often anymore.

He managed to steal the USB cord from one of my digicams. I've never found it...so I think it died a horrible death by being dumped from a 3rd floor window.

He also just loves to steal things from the bathroom shelves. Especially things he thinks smell nice.

Boomer:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Bryllup_1308/Diverse/Boomer_juli04_9.jpg

Donnaj4962
02-08-2006, 08:57 AM
My Sasha will take anything that may be lying around and play with it.... that is until she "bats" it under some piece of furniture! Usually this happens in the middle of the night while Meowmie is sleeping or while Meowmie is at work! Silly girl! Sashie has been known to take my hair ties, an empty pill bottle that was on the counter as a reminder for me to get the refill done, a watch, and even a contact case, complete with a brand new pair of contacts. The pill bottle was found, as was the contact case (almost a year later when I moved the entertainment center for its yearly cleaning underneath) and the watch is still missing after more than a year! :rolleyes:

But I do realize that all of this is my own fault.... after all, I was the one that left each item within reach and we all know that anything that isn't out of sight can be a toy in the eyes of our kitties! :D

lvpets2002
02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
:) Oh yes my girls are taking off with stuff all the time.. Then there was Autumn that took off with my sandwich bread off my plate that time.. Whats the funniest is to watch them thieve things back & fourth between them selves..