PDA

View Full Version : Yummy! Got my Sweet Swap Goodies..

K9karen
02-06-2006, 11:11 PM
And what a great surprise! It was from Kay! I was so anxious to find out who had me! Yay! Yay! Yay!
I got home baked keylime cookies! I apologize for no pictures. John was outside with the roofer so I never thought about the camera, but I ate 6 right away, and believe me, there was alot! Keylime pie is John favorite so he was thrilled, but I only let him have a few because they're MINE! My brother almost made a meal with the rest until I caught him, grabbed the container and slammed on the lid. That's how delicious they are! And we all know Kay's a great cook. There are 4 hidden away for my breakfast tomorrow. Told you we are a sweet tooth family!
Mz Logan says "Rrrr Rrr Rrrr Awoo" for her yummy treats and greenies and her new squeekie..a tomato soup can! She learned it's name ("Can") in 5 minutes! It sounds so funny when I tell her "get your can"!
When she realized it had a squeaker in it, her eyes popped open and her ears went up. She's already sleeping with it.
Thanks again Kay for everything! We love you!

caseysmom
02-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I am definetely going to need that recipe!

.sarah
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
LOL! I've never had Keylime cookies before. I've had lemon cookies and oh man are they good! These sound awesome, I'll have to find a recipe for them!

K9karen
02-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Oh, I forgot, Kay sent me the recipe and I have strict orders from "the boys" here to start baking! I kid you not, those suckers are GONE! (except for the few I saved for myself)Oh, and I ate all the chocolate kisses too! :D

kimboe
02-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Keylime cookies. Sounds Yummy!

cloverfdx
02-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Ohhhh yummy :S, they sound lovely. And lucky Logan, what a spoilt little girl. Enjoy.

Kfamr
02-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Glad this got bumped up, cause I just now saw it! Glad it arrived safely. We made enough cookies for us and for you - they were delicious! Glad you liked them as much as we did!

I was afraid because not many people like limes, thank gosh you do! :p

Kfamr
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Key Lime Cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus1 large egg yolk
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk, beating until light and creamy. Beat in lime juice and peel until well mixed. Stir in the flour mixture until just mixed.
Form dough into 1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. While still warm, sift powdered sugar over cookies. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.

sandragonfly
02-08-2006, 08:56 PM
I loooooove keylime pie so must those cookies too! thanks for the recipe, kay!

sounds like you had fun karen! :D for womem, saving sweets is last thing they do.. :rolleyes: :p ooo I'm carving! :mad:

K9karen
02-08-2006, 11:36 PM
They are totally GONE! No sweets last in my house. I shared but ate most myself! Thanks again Kay, they were scrumptous! Logan LOVES her "can", her new favorite toy and takes it everywhere once she heard the squeak. She loved the greenies too and all her goodies. You're the best!

anna_66
02-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Karen sure sounds like you got some great yummies!!!