PDA

View Full Version : In love... wishing she was #4!

Kfamr
02-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Visited the Humane Society today - didn't have my camera as we went after work.

Met a sweetheart named Emma, a 6 month old Pittie mix girl. I just got that feeling from her. I'm not sure about everyone else, but when I meet dogs I "know" how my 3 would interact with them, wether they'd get along or not. I really think my 3 would love Emma. It also said that she had pododermatitis - which is something dealing with their paws as far as I can find on the net. Anyone know anything about that?

Weird coincidence... she was in the same kennel Kiara was - and Kiara's original name was close to Emma - Emily. Tried telling my dad that was a sign.

She's on petfinder but there's no photo.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5539503&adTarget=&SessionID=43e7c0dd4e61846a-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Sure wish I could convince my dad that we "need" another. ;)

JenBKR
02-06-2006, 03:43 PM
She sounds like such a sweet dog! Everytime I go to Petsmart when the shelter has their dogs there I fall in love - I could have 100 dogs and 100 cats and be perfectly happy ;)

animal_rescue
02-06-2006, 03:44 PM
How about you adopt her, bring her home, and then when your parents ask about her, give them a weird look and tell them she's been living with you for a long time!

I sure wish you could adopt her, sounds like she needs a good home!

Kfamr
02-06-2006, 03:49 PM
How about you adopt her, bring her home, and then when your parents ask about her, give them a weird look and tell them she's been living with you for a long time!

I sure wish you could adopt her, sounds like she needs a good home!

Well, technically, Since I'm 18 - I can legally adopt her by myself..... Asked my dad if he'd kill me if I did that and he really didn't give me a straight answer. ;) :p

gemini9961
02-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh Kay :( I know how that goes. There are a few dogs that have been on Petfinder for awhile that I would love to adopt but......it would not go well with hubby. Plus Grant needs a little more time to calm down some before we add another.

.sarah
02-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I know how you feel! That's how it was with Luka, but I finally convinced my parents after months of her being at the humane society. It was definetly fate, because there were no serious behavior problems keeping her from getting adopted ... she was waiting for us :D I fall in love with a lot of dogs but very few actually "click" with me enough to where I could see myself caring for them forever.

Good luck!

Roxyluvsme13
02-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Aww...ADOPT HER! :D

luvofallhorses
02-06-2006, 04:03 PM
she sounds perfect..I hope you can convince your parents to adopt her. :)

AlleyCat
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh seeing how much you love your other 3, and how well they all get along so great with each other judging by all your fabulous photography, it sounds wonderful if you'd be able to bring home #4. Good luck and let us know how that turns out !! We'll keep our PT fingers crossed :) (I realize you could adopt her yourself, but trying to keep peace in the family, we all understand that.)

slleipnir
02-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, technically, Since I'm 18 - I can legally adopt her by myself..... Asked my dad if he'd kill me if I did that and he really didn't give me a straight answer. ;) :p

That means no, please go ahead and adopt her :)

Corinna
02-06-2006, 04:55 PM
if i remember right dad was the softy for Ki ? She sounds like a perfect addtion to the muttley crew

Jadapit
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh Kay, I so wish you could adopt her. The pitties of the world need owners like you. You would be perfect for her. :)

LoudLou
02-06-2006, 05:51 PM
... It also said that she had pododermatitis - which is something dealing with their paws as far as I can find on the net. Anyone know anything about that?...

Hope these will help:

http://www.balgownievet.com.au/1_gen_derm_pad_podo_chewing.htm

http://www.thedcp.org/Dalmatian%20Foot%20Licking%20in%20Dogs.htm

http://www.users.bigpond.com/dermcare/pdf/01_summer.pdf#search='canine%20pododermatitis'

k9krazee
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
She sounds like a sweetheart, good luck!! ;) :D