PDA

View Full Version : Bunny litter training

MonicaH
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
We have had our bunny for a couple weeks now and he was being litter trained. He was doing an amazing job. We had to go away for the weekend, when we came back, it was like he forgot everything!! He does not use his litter anymore. He goes to the bathroom around the litter box, but never in it. What happend to his training??

Miss Z
02-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Hmmm, i used to have a rabbit that did a similar thing, he used his litterbox when he was young and then wouldn't use it when he was full grown. Are there any strange new smells where the litter box is? Also, did whoever was looking after him make him use the litterbox?

I have to ask, does he pick the litterbox up in his teeth and throw it? My rabbit used to think it was SOO funny to do that!:rolleyes: Sorry i've not been much help, but i'm not that experienced in the bunny department;) :D !

Karen
02-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I'd just clean the box, and the area around it, and try again. Miss Hoppy has two litterboxes in her hutch, which she moves herself sometimes when she changes her mind where they should be.

How old is your bunny?