PDA

View Full Version : Brought in a homeless kitty....

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Well I'm at it again.

I have finally snatched up the homeless kitty that I've been seeing at my apartments.

I unfortunatelly don't have internet at my apartments so I can't show a picture now.... but will try and get them to work somehow and post them.

He is the sweetest kitty ever but I need prayers that a no kill shelter here will take him.. I've been keeping him in the bathroom... and I know with me being pregnant that it isn't really safe for me to be scooping his litter.... so I really need someone to take him in quick!

I've named the little sweetheart Charlie! He LOVES LOVES belly rubs. I've honestly never met a cat that is so sweet!

His pee pee is STRONG !!!!!
What could be causing that?

catnapper
02-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Awwww, sounds like a sweetie. Good luck finding a shelter for him.

In the meantime, the strong pee means (most likely) that he's still a full-grown boy... in other words, not-neutered.

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Awwww, sounds like a sweetie. Good luck finding a shelter for him.

In the meantime, the strong pee means (most likely) that he's still a full-grown boy... in other words, not-neutered.

*I was afraid of that....

I was hoping that it was something he ate outside... and after a few days of catfood and water it would fix it... :o

It is SO STRONG I have to get out of bed in the middle of the night and scoop the potty box.... smells like a big arm pit!!!! :eek:

catnapper
02-06-2006, 08:06 AM
It is SO STRONG I have to get out of bed in the middle of the night and scoop the potty box.... smells like a big arm pit!!!! :eek:
Wow, now there's a description for you! LOL

When I had Aladdin, he had the stinkiest pee smell - pretty much your description got it! Even after he was neutered, it took a few weeks to go away. It amazes me how people can stand that smell and then NOT neuter their cat! They complain he's spraying or acting agressively.... but never stop to smell what is most apparent! :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-06-2006, 08:28 AM
It amazes me how people can stand that smell and then NOT neuter their cat! :eek:

Well... I was thinking that him not being neutered was probably the reason... then I thought to myself it COULDN'T BE...... how could ANYONE stand to have a male cat and it not be neutered.... sure is one STINKY STINKY smell.!!!!

STINKY STINKY SINKY SMELL!!!!! :eek:

jenluckenbach
02-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Best of luck finding him a place to go.

What does he look like? (a verbal description until phoos are available.)

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Best of luck finding him a place to go.

What does he look like? (a verbal description until phoos are available.)

OH HE IS JUST A CUTIE!!!

He is a silver tabby with black stripes... the longest tail I've ever seen. he has a white nose/mouth, chest, belly and paws. He has black eyeliner and a pink nose and the tip top of this nose is black. He has such a CUTE CUTE face....

but his purrsonality.... is just so charming.. I have never met a cat that likes belly rubs like he does. SUCH a sweet sweet "stinky" boy!! ;)

Catty1
02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Ummmm....just maybe...if you asked your doc and used medical latex gloves when cleaning the box, it would be ok?

He sounds GORGEOUS!

When is your due date? Maybe you could board him til then if it's not too long...

catmandu
02-06-2006, 09:22 AM
The Found Cats and I are PROUD of you for taking that Poor Starry Cat in,and giving him a chance at a Furr Ever Home of his very own.
You have a Gold Star by your name at the Rainbow Bridge.

kb2yjx
02-06-2006, 09:26 AM
The boy sounds so handsome(esp. with the white mitts!). Maybe someone else could scoop out the litter box for now. And I have NEVER heard a description of unneutered male cats' urine described in those terms, but I know what you mean by the smell!!!! Hope he will be able to stay with you, sounds like you love him alot already!!! Good Luck!!!

catnapper
02-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Ummmm....just maybe...if you asked your doc and used medical latex gloves when cleaning the box, it would be ok?

He sounds GORGEOUS!

When is your due date? Maybe you could board him til then if it's not too long...
You only need to wash your hands thoroughly after cleaning litter - toxo IS contagious but only if you're stupid and don't follow proper clean procedures which we should all be following anyway.