PDA

View Full Version : great game, but a terrible half-time show!

davidpizzica
02-06-2006, 05:04 AM
It was a hard-fought and exciting game, but I think the the Rolling Stones should retire to an old folks home! Keith Richards looked like death warmed over and Mick Jagger just yelled instead of singing last night. I don't think they have it any more. I was really disappointed in this year's half- time show.

JenBKR
02-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I agree David, I didn't enjoy the halftime show at all. However, I've never liked the Rolling Stones - might stem from the fact that my parents never liked them either. They certainly didn't sound very good yesterday! I enjoyed the game though :D

elizabethann
02-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I'm with you David P. I thought Mick was awful. I could care less what they looked liked, but Mick's voice was plain awful. Fenway can sing better than that. However, I was impressed by the guitar playing. I thought that was awesome.

Dixieland Dancer
02-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I was just amazed that he could still wiggle his hips like that at his age. I would of had a heart attack if I tried to do what Mick Jagar did. I didn't really enjoy the half time either though. I like the ones where they actually have coreography (sp?) and lots of dancers and colors involved. I guess more like a traditional half time show at a football game.

And I was NOT IMPRESSED with the singing of the National Anthem at the beginning either. :(

elizabethann
02-06-2006, 08:04 AM
I was just amazed that he could still wiggle his hips like that at his age. I would of had a heart attack if I tried to do what Mick Jagar did. I didn't really enjoy the half time either though. I like the ones where they actually have coreography (sp?) and lots of dancers and colors involved. I guess more like a traditional half time show at a football game.

And I was NOT IMPRESSED with the singing of the National Anthem at the beginning either. :(

LOL. I actually thought Mick was going to have a heart attack. I was worried. He was doing aerobics up on that stage. Pretty fit for a senior.

I too was not impressed with the National Anthem. I thought Aretha Franklin was good, but the other guy (Aaron Neville?) was terrible. Again, Fenway could sing better than that. :D

catnapper
02-06-2006, 08:22 AM
I didn't watch the game but did catch the anthem, and it was just AWFUL. Aaron Neville looked like he was going to have a stroke while singing it - his mouth hardly moved and his facial expressions were awful. It was just awful. Why can't people just sing the anthem anymore? Why do they have to try to do vocal exercises on it?

Hubby said half time was awful too.

Daisy and Delilah
02-06-2006, 08:26 AM
This is so funny David. I loved the game but the halftime show lacked everything. Entertainment value was the biggest thing it lacked. I grew up with the Stones and they were never my favorite group but last night they proved that the old folks home is closer than ever. I was very disappointed with the entire performance. After it was over I found myself waiting for the remainder of the halftime show. Keith Richards has looked like death warmed over for 15 years. I say the Stones should quit now while the time is right. Can you imagine how much arthritis medication those guys are taking just to get through a gig? Sheesh!! ;) ;) :D ;) ;) LOL LOL

moosmom
02-06-2006, 08:38 AM
I caught part of the half-time performance and I wasn't impressed either. But what do ya want from a bunch of guys that have been around since the stone age?

davidpizzica
02-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I caught part of the half-time performance and I wasn't impressed either. But what do ya want from a bunch of guys that have been around since the stone age?
Donna, is that where they got the term "rock music"?

CountryWolf07
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I kept thinking Mick needed a new shirt.. no offense to the fans

RICHARD
02-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey can't you all cut Mick and the boys some slack?

When you get to be that old and can still-
Run around
Sing
Jump and
Skip at the same time, I say, God Bless....

Stop and think about all the crappy 'acts' in pop music today and think what they will be doing in 40 years.

Christina Aguilera, dressing like a trollop..with 22 year old breasts.
Spears......No comment.
R. Kelly? Puff Crappy? Jennifer Lopez?

Jagger always was and always will be ugly,
Richards died 70 years ago, good embalming does wonders
Charlies Watts? who knows about that guy?

or....

I wanna see the Stones
I have never seen the Stones
I should see the Stones.
I have to see the Stones.....before one of them dies!!! :eek:

Lobodeb
02-06-2006, 02:22 PM
HELLO!! The game was played in Motown! Can we not have some more geographically appropriate entertainment? Kid Rock, Eminem, etc? Why the geriatric Brittish rock band? And, don't they have a more recent song to sing than the one that they could have done at SuperBowl 1? Satisfaction was #1 in 1965, the first Superbowl was a year later. Also, they sounded like one of the guitars was playing a differnent song. TERRIBLE! I'd rather watch Janet's wardrobe malfunction.

Corinna
02-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I had to listen on the radio No abc channel here availble for anntenna But heard they cencered some of the words from songs . It sounded like a mike clitch
I don't want to talk about the game. did see the contravercail calls on the news :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
02-06-2006, 05:43 PM
:( my dad was angry!! lol he threw a cup at the t.v He didn't like the ref's calls!! :) good thing he wasn't actually there!!!

RICHARD
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
I had to listen on the radio No abc channel here availble for anntenna But heard they cencered some of the words from songs . It sounded like a mike clitch
I don't want to talk about the game. did see the contravercail calls on the news :rolleyes:

In "Start Me Up" towards the end of the song, the line starts, "You make a dead man ....."

I looked at my brother before they finished the song and mentioned that line to him-they bleeped that. I don't know about the other thing they bleeped.--

cyber-sibes
02-08-2006, 09:17 AM
HELLO!! Why the geriatric Brittish rock band?
I highly suspect it was because Sir Paul did one, and the Stones have always followed whatever the Beatles were doing! I agree, they looked & sounded awful. I've never been a Stones fan either. But I have to admit, Mick sure can swivel. My hip-swinging days are long over!

tatsxxx11
02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
One piece of advice to the producers of the Super Bowl halftime shows...stop trying so hard! Seems these productions are either too sugary, schmaltzy or overtly risque but always, over produced. As for this year, well, all I can say is kudos to you, Mick!:D There aren't many 20 year olds, let alone seniors, that could sustain that incredible energy level for all that time:eek: Now that was an aerobic workout and I was out of breath just watching him! And with those washboard abs and a full head of hair...hard to believe he's still so fit after all those years of hard "rocking":D

Yeah, Satisfaction and Start Me Up certainly fit into the "classics" catagory:D But the 2nd song, "Rough Justice," is a new release:) It did sound more like "shouting" than singing from Mick...probably over compensating for the noise level, straining to be heard.

The Anthem was AWFUL! I love Arron Neville, his voice is simpy magnificent, but he appeared confused and barely into it, more like mumbling than singing! Areetha was not up to her game, either. Could have been awesome!:(

K9karen
02-08-2006, 11:55 PM
I grew up with the Stones too and I thought the earlier concerts were great. No, they can't sing but Mick's showmanship is great. Everytime I see Keith Richard, I think of Johnny Depp and the Pirates of the Carribean! :D I really get a kick out of them because they are so weird looking. Charlie Watts, Richard is recovering from throat cancer I believe. Anyway, why wasn't there a MOTOWN halftime show!? They were in the Motor City!