PDA

View Full Version : 8 Below

dab_20
02-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Prolly not, because it comes out on February 17... but I saw it yesterday. There was a preview in the theater a half an hour away from us.

This is my ultimate favorite movie!!! I highly suggest you see it! It's was such a tear jerker.... even this guy next to me started crying! lol

If you don't know what it is about... here is a little info. It's about a guy who leads expeditions in Antarctica. He has 8 sled dogs. Well he's got to leave these dogs because of a storm that's coming and there isn't enough room in the helicopter. Well it's basically about how the dog's survive. It's a great movie. It's a true story too.

cyber-sibes
02-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Glacier has a post under "Sled dog butts" that gives a link to the Malmute Rescue that supplied two of the dogs, a great story in itself!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1403819#post1403819

I guess 8-Below is only loosley based on the actual story- see Glacier's thread to learn more. I can't wait to see it!

dab_20
02-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh wow!! Those dogs were rescues... that is so great!

BC_MoM
02-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I hate is when movie companies change real life stories.

The only reason I'm going to go see it is because Paul Walker is in it. <3

animal_rescue
02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
I can't wait to see it! We actually have an Alaskan Malamute "foster" right now, he's still with his owners but we're currently trying to find him a home. Anyways, it looks good even if it is buttered down by Disney, I do love the dog movies!

RobiLee
02-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this movie!

dab_20
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I hate is when movie companies change real life stories.

The only reason I'm going to go see it is because Paul Walker is in it. <3

Well one reason it's different is because most of it is taking place where the dogs are... and they don't for sure know what the dogs did there. So they had to guess.

Glacier
02-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Well one reason it's different is because most of it is taking place where the dogs are... and they don't for sure know what the dogs did there. So they had to guess.

They know what most of the dogs did in reality...they died still on their chains. Only two of 15 survived in the actual incident. But no one would go see that movie, so Disney made it a happier ending. Can't really blame them for that, they are trying to make money.

I hope the Wayeh rescue dogs get some more publicity out their appearances. It would be nice if this movie could help some dogs already in rescue instead of having more end up there!

*sled_dog*
02-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I cant wait to see it! :D I have been waiting, it seems like forever, to see it. It looks really good!!! :)

dab_20
02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
They know what most of the dogs did in reality...they died still on their chains. Only two of 15 survived in the actual incident. But no one would go see that movie, so Disney made it a happier ending. Can't really blame them for that, they are trying to make money.

I hope the Wayeh rescue dogs get some more publicity out their appearances. It would be nice if this movie could help some dogs already in rescue instead of having more end up there!

thats soooo sad.

luvofallhorses
02-05-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this movie!

so am I! :)

Alysser
02-05-2006, 07:51 PM
:D I can't wait to see this movie! It looks awesome.

finn's mom
02-05-2006, 08:06 PM
hahaha, I cried during the trailer I saw. :/ I am not surprised to hear that most of the dogs actually perished, that is so terribly sad...but, absolutely amazing that any of them survived. What a tremendous story in itself...but, Glacier's right...Disney isn't going to make a movie where nearly all of the heroes die. I plan to see the film. I think it looks uplifting, and, I don't care if it's not exactly true to life...the story is a good one.