PDA

View Full Version : ID Theft, I hope not :(

king2005
02-04-2006, 06:56 PM
We now have a GOOD idea why Rob cannot get the bank loan to pay off his exzisting CC & school loan.

Rob gave up on trying to get a loan at the bank we are at, as they deny him & say good day.

So he went to another bank & once again he was denied. BUT this bank told him why. His credit is HORRIBLY low! Also his name was spelt wrong, address was wrong, phone # was wrong & worst of all his Birthday was wrong by +5 years!

He haas contacted the government people who deal with this & they even tried to tell Rob he was 30yr old! ARG!

What we're hoping is that, its just a data base error & they mixed Robs & this other Robs SIN # together. Its unlikely, but we're still hoping.

We should have answers on Monday (I hope), wish us luck, as this is not a happy mess.

Corinna
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
I will be praying for you it is a nasty mess to get straight . there was anothergal with the same last name, here in town a J she was alwys writing bad checks I got told the local business i couldn't write checks . I discovered (small small town) she was writing her J to look Like a C , Well I got on the phone to bank and they called all the locals who were dening me the check privaledge . I haven't had a problem since but it sure pissed me off. She was using the same bank even the election board was going to keep me from voting as she wasn't allowed due to being jail for the bad checks . Good thing i had my ID ( before 911)

Husky_mom
02-04-2006, 07:27 PM
my father went through the same but in this case the guy had both names and both last names THE SAME!!!! so it was really tough until my dad changed everything to my moms name, store credits and stuff otherwise he will get denied

Jessika
02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Something similar happened between my fiance and his father. They share the same name, but their SSN are nowhere close to each other. His father's credit history was showing up under HIS credit history! To file for bankruptcy you have to be at least... I forget the age requirement, its 21 or 22 or.. something, and on his credit they had him as filing for bankruptcy and he was nowhere near the age requirement to even do so! So some credit union was putting the wrong credit information under his name and/or SSN, which is ILLEGAL. His parents threatened to sue the company that had been putting the wrong information under his name, and he has filed a dispute with the credit company that had the wrong information, and slowly, it is all getting straightened out.

But it is so illegal for a company to put wrong credit information under the wrong name, and if push comes to shove, you can totally sue them and win in court!

sandragonfly
02-04-2006, 10:34 PM
oh no, that's horrible! I withoutuld run out of patience into furious by a second.

hope things settle in smoothly & quick, thoughts are with me!!

king2005
02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
thanks guys.

More bad news today :(

We drove to Ottawa yesterday to get Robs Passport, as we forgot it when we moved out. We picked up mail that STILL gets mailed there :mad:

Rob's mom was suppose to change the mailing address to his current EVIL bank loan. Well she doesn't WANT to call or go to the bank to get it changed. So she is suppose to open the mail for that account & tell Rob.

Well she didn't & Rob has been going to that ban monthly & paying XX amount onto it & askes is that enough? They always say yes.

Well there were 2 bank letters in the pile of mail we picked up. They were both ANGRY letters, stating we have been under paying! We had no idea it went up & the bank said we were paying enough :mad: :mad:

SO thats another reason why we cannot get this loan to pay everything off. Our Credit is DEAD cause of just this!!

So Rob called the bank today & finally got someone with a brain cell! (we've had NOTHING but issues with this 1 bank)... The guy told Rob what to do as he's seen others go through this BS. So hopefully all will be well in a weeks time.

Rob went NUTS today when he opened the letters :(
I'm trying to calm him down with my Fudge Upside Down Cake. The poor guy, his mother is so horrible :( Rob took every penny we had in the bank & dumpped it into the EVIL bank & hes going to empty his just paid off VISA, onto that EVIL account aswell :( All he wants is to burn ALL ties he has with his mother & then he's going to tell her where to go & HOPEFULLY that'll keep he away. If not, then Rob's going to change his phone # & if that doesn't work then hes going to make us move (which isn't a bad thing really, just annoying), & if that doesn't work, then a restraining order :(

Rob is soo messed up about this, I just wish I could do something more (I'm giving him ALL my pay to put onto this loan & only paying my min. on my Credit cards. :(