PDA

View Full Version : Sad story....can anyone help??

pnance
02-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I stopped by petsmart today to p/u some food and a ~13yr old boy was there with his dog which he is trying to find a home for. Here's the flyer he was passing out....

A GOOD HOME FOR BLONDIE

Hi my name is .....My dog's name is Blondie. Until Thanksgiving last year we lived with my dad. He died on that day and Blondi and I now live with my dad's and my friends the.....

I am hoping to find a new home for Blondi. She is a fixed Besenji/Collie. She is about 2 years old. She is medium build, blonde, with a cute little white stripe down her nose. She has four white socks and fluffy curl-up tail. She has medium hair.

She is not used to little children and has had a couple of episodes with my new 2 1/2 yr old brother Jake. Jake is used to the ....dog Avatar, who let's Jake climb on him, getinto his food bowl while the dogs eats, and is pretty mellow around little Jake. Blondie on the other hand is not used to such antics and has nipped at Jake several times.

We all have decided it is best for Blondie to find a home where there are not any little kids. Blondie is a great companion. She can sit, shake hands, high five, comes when called, lay down and walks on a leash. She also does several other tricks I can show you. She is house trained and has no accidents as an adult dog. She loved hang'n out with my dad and me in the house. She likes to sleep in my room at night. She is a great watch dog.

She does have a few bad habits like sometimes digging, chewing things and barks. We have been using an electronic bark collar and it has been working for her. You can take it with her.

I really will miss Blondie. I hope you enjoy her as much as my Dad and I have.

When I left he was sitting on the floor and she was laying up against him, eyes closed while he was petting her. It absolutley broke my heart. I came VERY close to coming home with another dog today, even though realistically I know I can't take on another dog right now. He did say older kids, maybe 7 or older she'd be fine with (basically ones that understood don't climb all over her or get into her food bowl). She's also good with other dogs and loves to run and play with you and them. I forgot to ask about cats. He also said she can have some food aggression, but only if she is being fed out of the same bowl as another dog. She shouldn't have any problems if she has her own bowl. She's in San Diego, CA, but I'm willing to help with transport if you can take her. Her tail curl is absolute adorable, similar to a border collies but with the curl much more pronounced. I have his name and number from the flyer so if your interested PM me.

Corinna
02-04-2006, 04:16 PM
So sad for the boy to lose his dad and now to have to give away his freind. I hope a good home is found.

Roxyluvsme13
02-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I wish I could take Blondie, but I absolutely cannot have any more animals :(

Alysser
02-04-2006, 04:54 PM
OMG! I feel so bad for that dog. I hope she gets a good home. But I feel really bad for the boy! :(

cmayer31
02-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I can't take in another dog while in my current living environment, but I too am in San Diego and will pass this story around. I can try and pull some strings with rescue groups through my work, so I'll let them know as well.

If you get any updates on Blondie please let us know.

CagneyDog
02-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh my god :( So sad! I hope Blondie finds a great home.

dab_20
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
That is heart breaking! Poor boy... to lose his dad and now his best friend. I think the dog sounds wonderful and will find a home soon. I wish I could take her!!