PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy was hospitalized and gave us a scare!

My Peanuts
02-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Ok so here's the story. Thursday morning Jimmy wasn't able to get any pee out at all so I called the vet. They said rush him in. As I was getting the other dogs in (in a major rush) I picked Sylvia up and my entire back popped. I had a pretty severe back injury in October but this pain was much worse. I had to call my mom home from work because I couldn't move. I was supposed to go to the hospital but I told her to take Jimmy instead.

Jimmy had a full bladder and they found sand like crystals and stones in his penis. They put him under and tried to flush them out but it didn't work. Then they flushed them back up and they were going to cut them out, but with the larger catheter they came out on their own. Jimmy had to stay at the vet over night and we picked him up yesterday. He is peeing better and his neutering is postponed (it was supposed to be on Monday). Jimmy is on Baytil (antibiotic), Prednisone, and Urisal (muscle relaxer for the urethra) Also the poor mute that no one wanted (until us) is on special prescription food which is really expensive. Jim went from eating table scraps, to Chicken soup food with us and now prescription food. I love it! I wish I could tell the jerks that were abusing him just how priceless Jimmy really is!

He's home and we are watching him closely. Please pray that all the stones and crystals are gone and they NEVER come back!

Ginger's Mom
02-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Aww, poor Jimmy. He has been through so much. What a lucky boy he is that he has someone looking out for him, and taking such good care of him now. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Roxyluvsme13
02-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Aww Poor Jimmy! I'm glad hes doing a tad bit better though :)

poofy
02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
So Gald Jimmmy is doing well..get well soon Jimmy :)

luvofallhorses
02-04-2006, 01:09 PM
poor baby. :( sending healing vibes his way. ((hugs))

Corinna
02-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Ok Jimmy is beter but what about you. Hubby had a disc blow last summer so I know the pain you must be in . Hugs to you.

cyber-sibes
02-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Sending healing vibes that you will be better soon Jimmy!

gemini9961
02-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Get better Jimmy. :)

anna_66
02-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Gosh that was a double blow wasn't it? Him AND your back at the same time :eek:
I'm glad to hear he's doing alright now, but how about you? How are you feeling? Better I hope.

Lots of {{{HUGS}}}headed your way.

Vette
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
:eek: Oh poor little dude.

all paws and fingers crossed for him

dab_20
02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Poor Jimmy!! Get better soon boy!

Jimmy, I am worried about you! I hope you get all better soon!

kissies and get-well-soon-smoochies, Molli

RobiLee
02-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Aww, poor Jimmy. I hope he is much better and everything is all cleared up now. Please give him a hug from me. I hope you are feeling better too, Diana. My mom has been down for a week now with a bad back so I know that it is no fun.

{{Hugs for you both}}

My Peanuts
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Jimmy still seems to be doing well. I've been watching his pee and it's coming out in a good stream now. He loves his prescription food. He has to go back on Friday for a check up. Morty gets his micro chip tonight.

My back is better. Not great though. I'm back at work sitting on a pillow and icing my back. I'm also on Darvocets again like I was back in October. I had an MRI in October and it was torn muscles and ligaments laying on my sciatic nerve. Not fun. This is just the same injury. I'm not going to pay for another MRI :p .

Pembroke_Corgi
02-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Poor Jimmy, I really hope that he recovers without anymore problems.

Also, I hope you feel better too! Back pain is hard to live with. :(

BitsyNaceyDog
02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh no, poor Jimmy and poor you too. My cat, Oliver, had the same thing this past October. He's on prescription food too, he's on Royal Canin SO. He loves the food and is doing exceptional on it, hopefully Jimmy will do just as well. What food is he on?

Roxyluvsme13
02-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Yay for Jimmy! Glad hes doing better. Good luck to Morty on his microchip, and I hope you feel better :)

K9karen
02-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Glad Jimmy is doing better! Now YOU have to get better with your back! Been there and it sucks. {hugs}

My Peanuts
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh no, poor Jimmy and poor you too. My cat, Oliver, had the same thing this past October. He's on prescription food too, he's on Royal Canin SO. He loves the food and is doing exceptional on it, hopefully Jimmy will do just as well. What food is he on?

Jimmy is on Hill's Prescription S/D. Looks gross, he loves it.

My Peanuts
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, I was at the vet again today. There was some blood mixed with fluid on the bed that Jimmy sleeps in (my parent’s bed). Then he lifted his leg and no pee came out. We went to the vet where they said the antibiotics should take care of the blood. It could be from the catheter or it could be he's passing more crystals. Then they checked his bladder and it was empty, so all is good right now. When I walked in I told the nurse when I checked in that this was a “paranoid visit” and she laughed.

BTW, Morty did excellent with his micro chip and check up last night. After we brought him home my Mom and I went to get ice cream and Morty was sitting by the door. It looked like he wanted to go back to the vet. He's a funny little guy. He actually likes the vet!

lv4dogs
02-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to let you know that yous have been in my thoughts. I did read this yesterday but didn't have time to reply.
Glad to hear Morty's visit went well, Jimmy's check up was good & your back is a little better. Hope the good events keep on getting better! :)

ramanth
02-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Poor Jimmy. :( Hope he heals up soon!