PDA

View Full Version : If Your Husband Suddenly Changes Barbers

lizbud
02-04-2006, 11:28 AM
What will they think of next? :rolleyes:

Scantily-Clad Women To Groom Men At New Boutique

POSTED: 6:59 am EST February 3, 2006
UPDATED: 7:01 am EST February 3, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kris Pierce wants his salon chain to become the Hooters of hair -- minus the chicken wings.

BombShell Barbers, which is to open its first location in May in downtown Indianapolis, will cater to men looking to escape female-focused salons for a chance to get primped and preened by women in scantily clad attire.

"We came up with a concept that's geared toward men," said Pierce, 35, an Indianapolis businessman. "It's very manly."

Designed after an old-English gentleman's club, haircuts will go for $20 and include a short neck and shoulder massage.

The staff of 15 women will include aestheticians, barbers and masseurs. Onsite services will include shoeshining.

Hoping to cash in on the selling power of sex, Pierce and his company, Pierce Group Inc., also plan to cater to younger customers with scaled-down versions of BombShell Barbers in Midwestern college towns.

"I remember waiting in line to get my haircut, even in my teen years, I wanted to get my hair cut by the beautiful girls," Pierce said. "Why do men go to Hooters? We're wired a little bit differently than women."

Plans are under way to open more salons in stripmalls near Indiana University and Purdue University this fall before expanding to other cities like Lexington, Ky., Columbus, Ohio and St. Louis.

"It's not really selling haircuts," said Larry Cox, director of Ball State University's entrepreneur center. "But there's obviously a market for it."

Similar salons across the country have been met with criticism and loyal customers.

Utah-based Bikini Cuts, where female staffers trim hair and give manicures while wearing swimsuits, recently opened its second salon in the traditionally conservative state.

Pierce insists BombShell Barbers won't be successful simply because of its curvaceous employees. Instead, he points to an increased interest in grooming and hygiene by men.

Market research backs him up.

U.S. department stores sold $46 million worth of men's skin care products from January through September 2005 -- up 15 percent from the same period in 2004, according to The NPD Group, a Port Washington, N.Y.-based consumer information company.

Pierce is working with investors to raise the $350,000 he expects he'll need to open the first salon.

RICHARD
02-04-2006, 12:07 PM
It's a lap dance with a hair cut.

Not interested. I'd rather have the girl who cuts my hair bump into me accidentally.

It makes it more fun that way.

moosmom
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
"Why do men go to Hooters? We're wired a little bit differently than women."

Wired differently??? Hardly. I think men need to be totally rewired!!!

davidpizzica
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Wired differently??? Hardly. I think men need to be totally rewired!!!
AHEM!, Donna! LOL!

Killearn Kitties
02-05-2006, 12:02 PM
This sounds like something Beavis and Butthead would dream up! You must keep us informed of how successful it is.

G.P.girl
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM
lol makes sonse...i wish i would have thought of it, i bet that guy is gonna be rich

dukedogsmom
02-05-2006, 04:13 PM
lol makes sonse...i wish i would have thought of it, i bet that guy is gonna be rich
I'll bet so, too. It seems a lot of men only have one thing on their mind. And it's not getting a haircut :D

RICHARD
02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I'll bet so, too. It seems a lot of men only have one thing on their mind. And it's not getting a haircut :D

It's respect for the gal with a sharp object in her hands.

jackie
02-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Where I live there is a sexy maid service where women come to clean almost nude. I donīt think it hurts anyone and is just a bit a of cheeky fun.

slick
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I've been cutting my own hair for at least a decade.

Suppose they opened up a salon exclusively for women....the "barbers" were buff butts and lots of eye candy.......

I'd be there in a heartbeat. :o :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
02-06-2006, 04:02 PM
I'd change barbers in a heartbeat too, but then Donna would want to cut it which wouldm't be a bad thing in itself!

KYS
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
slick: Suppose they opened up a salon exclusively for women....the "barbers" were buff butts and lots of eye candy.......

:eek: Count me in!!!! :D