PDA

View Full Version : Poop!

Kfamr
02-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Yes, the only place on earth you can talk about your pet's POOP and not get weird looks. Okay, so I'm sure there are a few of you who are giving me weird looks through the screen right now.

Anyways, my reasoning for posting this. I was wondering for those of you with multiple dogs - are you able to tell the difference between piles in your yard? I can clearly tell if it's a Simba pile, Nala pile, or Kiara pile.

I'm not sure if everyone watches their dog's passings as much as I do (after the scare with tapeworms i'm paranoid and check often) but, after checking so much I can tell who's is who's.

So... is everyone here a Poop Expert? :o

Hey, leave me alone... it's early on a rainy gross day, what else am I supposed to do?

Pam
02-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Kay, it is very easy for me to tell. It's all about size. :p :p

cloverfdx
02-04-2006, 07:33 AM
ROFL :D. *Cough* Yes i can tell who's is who's, sad eh?

vinjashira
02-04-2006, 07:34 AM
when I had 2 pomeranians I could tell the difference simply by the size (diameter) :D

Kfamr
02-04-2006, 07:35 AM
For me, it's about placement. I kid you not.

Nala's is just wherever. Simba's is in a neat little pile. Kiara's? Well.. lets just say you better really be looking where you step. She walks a majority of the time when she goes, a little here.. a little there.

It seems their poop reflects from their personailities, ROFL. :o :eek:

cloverfdx
02-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Lol my guys all have their "special pooping spots" ;).

Roxyluvsme13
02-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Well....Roxy=Big Poop Lily=Little Poop
MAJOR Difference! :D

Cincy'sMom
02-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Yes, I can definately tell my dogs poop apart!!! Sadie leaves the big piles. Cincy has no time in her life to slow down and go in one place. She is walking constantly as she goes...so her's is the trail. Spot, well he poops like a dog 1/3 of his size. I think Pippi poops bigger then him!!

Alysser
02-04-2006, 08:30 AM
EW! Sassy has small poop though :o I am somewhat embarrased.

sammy101
02-04-2006, 09:20 AM
yes i can tell my two apart :o lol. Kodies is bigger that Lucys..lol

dogzr#1
02-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I can definitely tell the difference from my dogs' poops. Molly's is usually large and in piles. Sometimes spread apart but mostly in piles. Astra's are small and all over the place. She barely stops to poop. She walks whenever she does poop. Prince's are tiny so you can tell which are his and which are the girl's.

Anita Cholaine
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Anita's poop is not sooo small.... I don't have any other dogs, so... I don't need to tell the difference about anything... :p

As we are already talking about poop... Anita always poops twice a day (in the morning and at night) the same hour everyday... Do your dogs also have 'special times' for poop???

lizbud
02-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Well this is the first time anyone has ever asked me this question. :D
But, yes I can tell the difference. Smokey does a little here, a little there,
must poop while walking. Maggie's is all in one spot.Sometimes there's a
difference in color too. :D

anna_66
02-04-2006, 11:00 AM
But of course we can tell who's is who's:D

Bon goes in the same area all the time and his is the size of pony poop:o

Roxey and Huney don't really have set spots they are kinda all over but from size we can tell who it belongs to.

.sarah
02-04-2006, 11:01 AM
No I can't. I don't watch them go enough to know the difference. Although, Mandy usually goes in the middle of the yard and the Labs will go in the bushes. Nova usually gets behind a tree too, she doesn't like anyone watching her lol.

And none of mine walk when they poop (thank goodness!). I always seem to miss it when they're not in piles and I step on a log here and there :o

Edit: I also check their poop twice a week at least to make sure that everything is ok, but I still can't tell the difference. :o

cyber-sibes
02-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah. They each have their spots in the yard. Sherman makes a neat little pile, Star walks in a circle :rolleyes:
I check theirs just to keep an eye on their general health. After years of scooping cat boxes, changing diapers, and pickin up piles, it doesn't phase me a bit, I am a poop expert! :D

dab_20
02-04-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL... I can definatly tell which is Molli's and which is Sammy's. Just the size.

BC_MoM
02-04-2006, 11:16 AM
YEP! *Proud Poop Expert*

Molly usually has one big turd in one place.

Mickey has turd drops that are scattered in a small area, because he doesn't stay in one place.

...... LOL!

buttercup132
02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Uhhh I dont examine my dogs poo I hold my breath close my eyes and clean it up as fast as I can.

Roxyluvsme13
02-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Uhhh I dont examine my dogs poo I hold my breath close my eyes and clean it up as fast as I can.
lol! Same here...BUT...I just knew the other statement from obvious reasons.

gemini9961
02-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I can definitely tell which is Grant's, he graces my yard with the biggest poop. Sadie and Maggie I have a little difficulty telling apart. Sadie will walk when she poops though, but not Maggie. Grant is the funniest, for a dog his size, he squats down almost to the point where his butt is on the ground and go for it. I sometimes wonder how he doesn't poop on himself. :confused:

Kfamr
02-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Uhhhhhhhh it is a good idea to atleast check your animal's droppings for health reasons.

caseysmom
02-04-2006, 12:30 PM
This cracked me up because last fall we went camping with the dogs. One morning I was out walking with the dogs and stopped to chat with a lady, I looked down and saw dog poop and I knew mine didn't go, I said look someone didn't clean up their poop, I'll get it. I said wow that reminds me of caseys poop.

Well when we walked away my daughter started cracking up she said when her and her friend had walked the dogs the night before they forgot to take poop bags and sure enough that was casey's poop.

k9krazee
02-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah! Micki and Mini have relatively the same size poo but Micki never goes in one place, hes a walker. Kyra has itty bitty piles, Shadows are ginormous and Jack is in between... :D

chocolatepuppy
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I can tell my pups poop apart. :o Mandy leaves a trail. :rolleyes: Right now both are on a leash so I'd know anyhow. You are so right Kay, people need to pay attention to poop for health reasons. ;)

Corinna
02-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Not a problem here Dugan builds mountains and Lady just makes rolling hills.

chocolatepuppy
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM

hilarious! :D

K9karen
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM

ROTFL!!!!! :D :D :D

Even with one dog, I'm positive I'd be able to ID K-lo's!
Unbelievable ..uh... amount for her size. A lot easier than 3x a day Mr. Cody though!
I always check it. I'm way over the "yuks". I've lived through worse.

slleipnir
02-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I've actually never tried to tell...hah. Poop is poop as far as I'm concerned..so, no, I doubt I could tell...

(edit) I would notice something wrong with it when cleaning it up, I'm not trying to say I don't care about worms or any of the sort. I just don't notice who does what.

poofy
02-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Sammyj always goes in the same area, yollie has to be in weeds or behind a tree or bush..she is so funny, but its not funny trying to keep all the stickes out side..I cant even follow her in some places she gets into hopping like a rabbit..so I cant alwys ck hers... :p

LuvGold00
02-05-2006, 12:18 AM
LOL, I can tell most of mine... ;)

dab_20
02-05-2006, 10:39 AM
It's true to check for health reasons. I am definatly over the YUCK! stage... living on my dad's hobby farm has definatly changed that.

lv4dogs
02-06-2006, 08:22 AM
I can tell whos poop is whos too. I can tell mostly by looks but sometimes the placement helps too.
I also check them often... hey ya gotta make sure they are healthy! ;)

Nanook has the smallest poops & are almost always located in the hedgerow.

Kaiges are the second biggest and he's a poop walker so it is easy to tell which trails are his.

Raustyks are the biggest yet (but still small compared to her size) and she usually poops in an area on one side of one of my trees.

sandragonfly
02-06-2006, 09:33 AM
mountain - you cracked me up!

no dogs to compare but if I've had crayola and mocha at the same time, mocha's in circles and crayola's in line. :rolleyes: I hope my next onewill be in piles! (not mountain-size).. :p :o :D

IRescue452
02-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Well. Pepper and Autumn got different foods. Autumn's poo was darker and had more moisture. Pepper's usually had traces of chewed crayon in it- rainbow poo. Autumn's occasionally has candy wrappers. Autumn stayed in one area of the yard, Pepper went wherever. Anybody could tell the difference if they knew these things.

lute
02-06-2006, 12:57 PM
every time one of the dogs poop i always do a worm or foreign object check. my parents think i'm crazy and when i do a check at dog shows i know strangers thing i'm crazy too. :o

My Peanuts
02-06-2006, 01:01 PM
It's hard to tell Harley and Sylvia's apart. Morty walks while he poops so his are in a line. Jimmy poops while balancing on things like rocks, deck stairs, and even sticks. Sometimes Jimmy poops up against the fence and it goes in the neighbor’s yard!