PDA

View Full Version : Animal Ark game

AmberLee
04-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Tiger Blossom introduced me to an animal based on-line game called Animal Ark (http://play10.pogo.com/game/arcade/animalark.jsp?game=animal&site=pogo&sls=2&tins=1018759318474) .

I'm frequently baffled at the easy level; but some of you, more adept at online games, might really enjoy this.

Premise: A number of paired tiles, bearing animal likenesses, need to be removed (rescued) in pairs. As long as there is a pair available to be removed, the notice at the bottom will indicate the game's still on. As soon as no more pairs are available, it will say so. Very much like the old 'Shanghai' game, but with cartoon animals instead of Mah Jongg tile characters.

Downside: 1) Game takes a while to load. 2) As it is a free site, there is a bunch of advertising. 3) I have trouble determining which tiles are available to be removed and which aren't: really messes up one's strategy that way.

It is fun and free. Hope you enjoy it, as I do.

4 feline house
04-14-2002, 01:06 AM
I like it! But like you, I have trouble seeing the layers. Also, my cursor flickers so badly I waste alot of valuable time waiting for it to appear to see if I am yet over the correct tile. And sometimes, I think I am, but due to the flicker I have inadvertently picked the wrong one.

But it's still fun, so I will continue to play it! I played the medium about four times and still did not beat it.

aly
04-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Thats fun, thanks for the link!