PDA

View Full Version : Sores

renfest
02-03-2006, 08:10 PM
We noticed this evening that Merilyn has a sore spot on his side that looks like a hot spot it is red we washed it and put cortizone on it and will keep an eye on it as well . I first noticed it a few days after he was neutered and home and I called the Vet and they wanted me to bring him back in they said it could be his anal glands but he is not scooting on the floor and that was also when he had the allergic reaction to Solid Gold food. Money is tight right now and I just can't figure it out he was not playing with anyone and the last 2 days he was next door playing with his Chow Chow friends any insight on to what it could be or what I can can/should do would be appreciated.

rennie

lizbud
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I agree that this doesn't sound like an anal gland problem. Wrong
spot for that, but it well could be an allergy problem. I'd probably
keep an eye on it to see if it spreads to other places on the dog.
If this is making him very uncomfortable, I'd let the Vet see him
or suggest an ointment to clear it up. Good luck with Merilyn. :)

p.s. I love the gaelic saying in your sig, How true. :)

renfest
02-04-2006, 10:55 AM
We are keeping an eye on it and I have all my med books out as well reading up on ring worm and the likes I even washed his beds that we have for him I am thinking more towards a reaction I will wait another week and then if it does not clear up then I will call the Vet.

Rennie

thanx I like that one the best...

renfest
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Merilyuns problem is flea dirt took him to the vet this eveniong and forgot my money because I noticed that where the incision was looked puffy he is healing well and a happy boy

rennie

Fear_Nuclear
02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
:) I am very gald to here that :)