PDA

View Full Version : Dose this bother anyone else?

buttercup132
02-03-2006, 09:46 AM
How when you make a post there like 100 views and only like 5-10 replies?
I mean fi your going to look you might aswell reply.

CagneyDog
02-03-2006, 09:47 AM
No it doesn't bother me. Not everyone has all day to reply to each and every thread.

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
No it doesn't really bother me. I don't often look at how many views the threads get. I'll quite often read a thread and although the post is quite funny or has adorable pictures, or whatever; I really can't think of anything to say. After a while you feel a bit of a fraud saying "beautiful pictures" all the time - even though you honestly mean it. Also, unless you are quite early into a thread, the chances are that someone else has already said what you were going to. If you don't take the time to think of a reply to that thread, then you have more time to perhaps read a couple of threads that you wouldn't have got to otherwise.

caseysmom
02-03-2006, 09:56 AM
I view lots of threads that I find interesting and I care about. There isn't any one person on here that I don't find interesting or care about what they say, I just get lazy I guess and don't post to everything I look at.

Sometimes it does hurt my feeling but then I think that I do the same thing so I don't get upset.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
If I replied to every post that I found interesting/funny/great/etc I'd never do any work.....................oh hang on.....I don't!

Karen
02-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Many, many more people read a thread than reply. Why? Maybe it is because they have limited time to view Pet Talk. Maybe it is because they cannot think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. Maybe it is because they do not know how to say what they feel. Maybe, in a few cases, it is because they are mindful of what Grandma said, "If you cannot say anything nice, say nothing at all."

Prayer request threads I always read, then include that person in my prayers, even if I do not always post that I am doing so.

cloverfdx
02-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Alot of the time threads are not worth replying to.

Roxyluvsme13
02-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I read threads alot of times and dont reply, as I cant think of anything to say usually. It does kinda hurt my feelings too but I do the same thing, so I can understand!

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't have as much time as I used to online, so I do reply to fewer threads, although I at least try to look at them, to keep up to date with what's happening.

lv4dogs
02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Many, many more people read a thread than reply. Why? Maybe it is because they have limited time to view Pet Talk. Maybe it is because they cannot think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. Maybe it is because they do not know how to say what they feel. Maybe, in a few cases, it is because they are mindful of what Grandma said, "If you cannot say anything nice, say nothing at all."

Prayer request threads I always read, then include that person in my prayers, even if I do not always post that I am doing so.

Well said Karen!

It doesn't bother me one bit. I'd rather have 10000 views & 2 replies than no views at all. It's the thought that counts. :D

Cataholic
02-03-2006, 11:16 AM
What Ally Cat's Mommy said!

I try to read every single post in cat memorial, and post a kind word or two. :(

slick
02-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Nope, doesn't bother me at all. When I'm at work I try to get a few peeks in depending on my workload. I always don't have the time to reply. There are also times that I can't seem to come up with the right words. I'll start writing a reply then close it down because it seems nerdy. :rolleyes: Many times I'll wait a few hours then try again.

beeniesmom
02-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Nope, doesn't bother me at all. When I'm at work I try to get a few peeks in depending on my workload. I always don't have the time to reply. There are also times that I can't seem to come up with the right words. I'll start writing a reply then close it down because it seems nerdy. :rolleyes: Many times I'll wait a few hours then try again.

hehehe me too.

Husky_mom
02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
i do read more than i reply, sometimes because what i was going to say has been said a few times, or i cant find words, and sometimes i just go back and read what others have replied after me, so that makes 2,3,4,5,6, times more reading and only one posting.

i believe i´m not the only one checking back on threads........

when its about my threads sometimes i want some replies advicewise or stuff but others i just want to share stuff, so it depends but it doesnt bother me that much i understand i also sometimes dont have the time to reply but i try to at least red the post

CathyBogart
02-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Nope, doesn't bother me. I don't take the time to reply to every thread that I read, and I don't expect anyone else to either.

JenBKR
02-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Doesn't bother me either - I come in here various times throughout the day when I'm at work and pop into a few threads - I like to look at everyone pics, read prayer requests, etc. but don't have time to reply. I often keep my user control panel open, and pop in and refresh every once in a while while I'm working. Sometimes my boss actually wants me to work :rolleyes: Slave Driver!

mruffruff
02-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Exactly what Slick said.

I usually am on at work, so it's hard to complete a thought and type it before being interupted by someone. And usually what I would say has been said, sometimes a lot.

BC_MoM
02-03-2006, 01:20 PM
It doesn't really bother me at all. One thing I rarely reply in is in a recent thread with like, 2-3 pages of posts.. I'm not going to go and read all the posts to know what's going on. lol.

pitc9
02-03-2006, 01:29 PM
LOL, I read this... then didn't post anything.... :o
It used to bother me, but I don't start threads that much anymore because of it. I'm the type of person that takes things to heart when I shouldn't. :o

AlleyCat
02-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Don't forget, there are also "guests" who lurk on this site and do not have an account, so they have no way of replying to a thread until they make an account. A good portion of those "views" could be coming from that.

And, I agree in that it does feel like I'm being a fraud sometimes when I say "beautiful pictures" over and over, even if I mean it. Gotta draw a line somewhere and reply only when you really want to.

Kfamr
02-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Nope, doesn't bother me.

There are sometimes where a thread isn't worth replying to or I cannot think of anything someone else hasn't already said. Also, there are threads I read where I'm limited on time, and I feel obligated if I reply to one thread I read - I must reply to the others - and can't.

Alysser
02-03-2006, 02:36 PM
It USED to but then I thought for some reasons why people wouldn't reply. I thought many guests come on PT and just veiw the threads. They don't reply because they cannot without a username. Some just don't have time and stuff.

luvofallhorses
02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
It used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. :)

popcornbird
02-03-2006, 04:15 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I 'view' 99% of the time these days, and only post occasionally. My reason? I don't have the time that I used to have for PT anymore. Even when I do have time, sometimes threads aren't worth replying to. Sometimes I don't feel like typing up a long post. Sometimes I want to, but I'm busy with other more important things. ;)

carole
02-03-2006, 08:26 PM
:) :) It really does not bother me too much, i have an active thread, which has 100 views and 7 replies at least three of those being mine, but as it is for donations to help a sick kitty, i understand not replying if you unable to contribute so it is perfectly fine with me, but i guess some people find it fustrating, me i go with the flow.

kuhio98
02-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Nope. Doesn't bother me. What slick said.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Doesn't bother me either.

catnapper
02-04-2006, 09:26 PM
A lot of time, I'm reading threads but can't reply for various reasons. One is Abby is on my lap and she might get disturbed if I type (can't disturb a sleeping princess ya now! :D) I also might not reply because I only have a minute to pop in to take a quick look and then pop back out. Sometimes it takes as much as ten minutes to thoroughly read a thread and write up a reply, especially if its a thread where someone is asking for help. I do try to reply to threads asking for help when I know a possible way to help, but lately I'm so darned busy that I am not repsonding to anything.

sandragonfly
02-04-2006, 09:59 PM
come on, I've been hearing how people are thankful for making friends here - getting posts and became friends, how else? bondship often comes from posts.

I don't compare with views, you wonder&know when you don't get some help or appreciation. for replies, depends on thread its about, prayers, important question or new addition, yes, bothers me - not just in mine - others too. I even bother to post the zero reply thread first, because I've noticed many wouldn't think it's worth to reply to blurry pictures, lack of english, 'stupid' question(s) to them or are new here, etc. - the starter should feel welcomed to the community as well.

50+ posts in a worthless, off-topic thread bothers me too.

I don't blame for some people who can't post everywhere everytime but look at how large pet talk is, (how big number of posts could be) I see it just depends on how ...... people are. unforunately, how they can be, should bother you. :p they could too post, only a few seconds to spare if the person truly cares, and for others to know too.

I've seen most pattern here, people who has been around a lot, only post in their threads or only in their favorite people's. no, it's not the point of this thread but it is how it is or why, why it bothers me for some.

anyway, to answer, I am certainly satifised with 'fuels' I've been getting (not bothered) that had kept me going. there was some silly threads I made I don't expect a lot of replies but views? of course.

pitc, take by heart? maybe - I don't think it's bad to be sensitive - you like to share! I don't see why I should spend my time sharing appreciations if they can't either.

Miss Z
02-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Well, sometimes it does if i've made a thread, but there are a lot of reasons why there are more views than posts. The most likely reason is that guests to this site make up most of the views, and they can't reply. Also, people might see the titile, view it and then decide that they don't know a lot about the topic and then move on. And i suppose also that someone could be viewing it then have to come off PT. So i suppose it's not that bad really:p

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-05-2006, 05:25 AM
The only time it bothers me is when I get NO replies whatsoever!

:)

anna_66
02-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Can't say it's never bothered me, if so I would be lying. Guess it all really depends on how I'm feeling that day.
But I know there are MANY times I don't reply to posts because I just don't have the time to reply to all of them.

We should just be happy that we have such a great place to post and not worry about the replies because we know there are many people looking in:D

Vette
02-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Doesnt bother me. not anymore anyway. it kinda bothered me when i was new because i really wanted to fit in here.

ive joined many other boards that i have never felt welcome at and have never returned to them.
but theres just something about Pet Talk people that draws us 'victims' in ;) ;) ;) :D

finn's mom
02-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Nah, it doesn't bother me. I do read more than I reply...for a lot of reasons, most of which have been listed already in this thread. One reason I have that I haven't really seen in here, yet...is that I try really hard to live by what I dub the "bambi rule"...if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. ;) Sometimes I read threads that I know I'm going to disagree with or just not like what's being said or whatever. And, for the most part, I just don't get involved in those, unless it's a mature debate. I do, like a lot of human beings, have a bit of a curiosity for things like that, so, I read...but, I don't usually waste my energy in replying. ;) I wouldn't take it personally, but, understand when people do.

G535
02-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Time is my biggest problem, there are just so many members here and so many threads each day, I just can't keep up. Of course dialup doesn't help either! :)

ParNone
02-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Guess we all have different standards, because I think 5-10 replies is great. I know it'll be rare for me to get more, because I prefer to spend more effort on creating my own post thread vs. replying to everybody elses. I do read quite a bit, but time is limited, so something's got to give. I have to do what's enjoyable to me, so I spent 3 weeks working on my last post, my Mary Tyler Moore parody video of Oz, Murph and Gull. I was quite happy with it and felt it was something I could be proud of. If others enjoyed, great, that's gravy. That it's fun for me is my main goal though.

I may not be the best replier, but I think I add to the forum in the best way I can and that makes it enjoyable to me vs chore-like. Everybody needs to contribute in the way that works for them, without guilt. Let's have fun out there people. :)

Par..

Anita Cholaine
02-06-2006, 12:49 PM
It used to bother me when I was new, but then I realized that I also read lots of threads without replying... Maybe because sometimes I just enjoy reading them and I don't have anything to say. And sometimes, if you have nothing to say, it's better to don't say anything...