PDA

View Full Version : Meow

catnapper
02-03-2006, 08:18 AM
I talk to my cats all the time. I think I've got their meows down pat.

Last weekend, I was cleaning out a cage at the adoption center and one of the cats was talking to me in the cage. I meowed back and we had quite the conversation going on. I walked out of the cage area and some of the other volunteers looked at me like I'd lost my mind; one said, "that was YOU meowing?" :D

I always thought it was completely normal to meow at your cat, especially since hubby does it too! :p

Sooo.... do you meow to your cats?

catmandu
02-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Absolutely!
I talk to The Found Cats all the Time,telling them about any New Food I have bought.Yesterday it was the Eukanuba Pouches that were on half price at Petcetera.
And I tell them and My Dear Mother about any Cat that I might have seen,and any interesting person tnat I may have met on the way,and whether there will be take out for them at the Lunceon Buffet.
And generally just the News Of The Day.
They think me a Chatter Box,but I love that they understand the Love in My Voice.

ramanth
02-03-2006, 08:36 AM
It varies. Sometimes I talk and when they meow, I continue the conversation in English. But sometimes I meow back. :D

Sometimes they really stop and cock their heads so I often wonder what it is that I said in their 'speak'. :)

Felix
02-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I always talk to my Felix.He sometimes answers too :D

luvofallhorses
02-03-2006, 09:05 AM
LOL! :D Sometimes..;)

AlleyCat
02-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Onyx is quite the "talker", so if I meow in a sing-song voice she talks right back until it goes on long enough, she goes crazy. She starts talking very loudly and I think she stimulates herself and has to leave the room !! :D

JenBKR
02-03-2006, 09:51 AM
You mean some people don't meow at their cats? :eek: Yes, I do all the time, in fact I have Katie's meow down so well that my husband isn't always sure sho is who :o LOL I have two rather vocal cats, and I like to carry on conversations with them :D

Pawsitive Thinking
02-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Brody understands everything I say.........

Are you hungry? Meow

Temptations? Meow

Aren't dogs stupid? Meow

A true meeting of minds ;)

Donnaj4962
02-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I usually answer a meow with a meow, but then I continue the convesation in English while the other partner continues in Meow! I love to chat with my girls.... Tabby mostly purrs, she is not as vocal as Sashie. :rolleyes:

catlover4ever
02-03-2006, 10:16 AM
I do it all the time. Especially to Gabriel and Gracie. Just this morning Gabe was playing on his condo, having a conversation with himself so I joined in....he stopped dead in his tracks, turned his head in my direction, gave me one of his blank stairs, and then talked some more. The more I conversed with him the crazier he went on his condo. He is just toooo cute.

lvpets2002
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
:) Oh yes I talk to the girls in Meows all the time.. In fact I have got so good that sometimes they are looking around to make sure that there is not another cat in the house..

moosmom
02-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I find that some of the conversations I have with my cats more stimulating than some of the conversations I have with some people!! :eek:

kb2yjx
02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I meow, trill, churtle, and sometimes when needed will growl and hiss!!! But one thing I cannot do is sing to them!!! Spunky came up to me while I was singing and put his paw over my mouth!! Needless to say, I got the message!! Barry said I am one of those people who need to sing " solo," " solo" that no one can hear me!!!

Freckles
02-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Strictly conversational english, but it doesn't stop her from meowing her response. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Of course I do!! I love it when they meow back!! :D

jenluckenbach
02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Occasionally. But for the most part, I speak to them in the language that I know best. (wouldn't want an inter-species incident because I spoke something with the wrong meaning or grammer) ;)

kuhio98
02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Absolutely! I have no idea if I'm saying anything, the the kitties humor me and will answer back. I was just talking to a friend about this. Her cat meows everytime someone sneezes. I guess that's her way of saying God Bless. :D

heidiv
02-03-2006, 09:16 PM
I ALWAYS talk to my kitties. They probley think I am crazy but its fun.They are always around so I talk to them. :D My husband and myself are really working on Chloe so that she will talk as much as our himmy did but she only talks when she needs something. Figures!! Ha Ha Tuck talkes ALL of the time. Mopar kinda talks snorts mainly!! :D

G535
02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I just have to look at mine and he knows what I'm saying! :)

kimboe
02-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Umm..no not really meowing at them, More like talking to them. They respond better when I talk to them.
But, When I call Meu-Meu people think I'm meowing for her but that's just her name. :D