PDA

View Full Version : Dose anyone elses dog do this?

buttercup132
02-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Thunder knocks on my door when he wants in. He was never taught it one night he pawed my door so I opened it and he's been doing it ever scince and this was about a year ago. Know he started to cry if I dont answer my door :rolleyes: . Also if I say hold on he'll sit there wagging his tail waiting..Silly dog
EDIT: And now Rockee has started it!

sammy101
02-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Kodie does.Most of our doors have scratches on them now :eek: He wont stop pawing at the door until you let him in,and he starts whining too.
Lucy doesnt do it though.

.sarah
02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Mandy does it all the time. I actually think it's cute :p

Jessika
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, Charlie doesn't KNOCK persay, but rather he sighs LOUDLY then lays down and like, slams against the door in the process!

animal_rescue
02-02-2006, 09:40 PM
None of my dogs do that, but my cats do! You can hear them knocking when I'm blasting my radio, but their food is in my room so that is reason to be loud, I guess! :p

buttercup132
02-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Glad it's not just my doggies.

Glacier
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
We have a string of cowbells on one door. They ring those when they want outside.

Scratching, banging, or pawing at the door to come in is a surefire way to guarentee you will be staying outside around here. Sometimes they still try it though. It's far more effective to sit in front of the window and look pathetic.

Vela
02-03-2006, 06:02 AM
Cracker just open the darn door! We don't have round knobs we have the lever kind and he has figured out how to open them so if we really want to keep him out we have to lock it. If he can't open it he lays on the floor with a pathetic sigh and you can hear him doing the heavy breathing thing under the edge of the door. He can't open the front door because it's got a lock and is a different style, thankfully! but the rest of the house is fair game.

dab_20
02-03-2006, 07:50 AM
My RB Missy and old dachshund, Copper, used to at my old house. I door was blue and they scratched it so much and ripped the paint off, it was a reddish color. Molli does it, but not on our wood door so it doesn't do any damage. ;)

renfest
02-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Merilyn does that and we never taught him either it's funny I guss he got that from Zaknafein who has been doing that since he was a kitten I told my hubby that Zaknafein is a south paw he will open the door w/his left paw to go out

rennie

buttercup132
02-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Cracker just open the darn door! We don't have round knobs we have the lever kind and he has figured out how to open them so if we really want to keep him out we have to lock it. If he can't open it he lays on the floor with a pathetic sigh and you can hear him doing the heavy breathing thing under the edge of the door. He can't open the front door because it's got a lock and is a different style, thankfully! but the rest of the house is fair game.
LOL Imagine he walk in when he's supposed to...like when your getting changed or something lol. How embarassing :rolleyes: :p

lv4dogs
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Raustyk does. She doesn't really scratch the door, just a quick swipe of the paw to make a little noise. If you don't let her in right away she'll do it about every 2-3 minutes until you do.

Nanook barks when he wants in.

Kaige... well he's rarely outside with out me yet but he doesn't really do anything but sit there & look pathetic. lol

k9krazee
02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Well, Charlie doesn't KNOCK persay, but rather he sighs LOUDLY then lays down and like, slams against the door in the process!

Jack does that :D Once in a while he will "knock" too...and Shadow is the only other one of my five to do it. Micki barks, Mini looks pathetic and Kyra will whine.

cocker_luva
02-03-2006, 04:58 PM
jesse does it too.

dogzr#1
02-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Astra does that too. She scratches and scratches until we let her in.

Molly barks/whines when she wants to come in. She won't stop barking until we let her in.

Prince sometimes barks but most of the time he just stands at the door waiting till we let him in.