PDA

View Full Version : If you have any time to spare a good

furrykidsmother
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
thought, I sure could use it.

I had to go back today for a follow up, 6 month Mammogram. I had one in July and they thought it was questionable, so they had me come back on August 1st for another and an ultrasound. At the time they told me it is possible that I was just having normal changes. Well, I went today and I specifically made the appointment for the afternoon and asked if there would be a technician there to read the results. They told me yes. So, I went and was told "Sorry, Hon" the tech isn't in today. Either you will hear from your doctors office tomorrow if you need a biopsy or you will get a letter in the mail in a week. I am soooo upset. I hope that I don't hear from the doctor tomorrow, but of course realize that they just might not have time to review everything and could still be hearing from them on Monday.

So, if anyone can spare me a good thought I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Daisy and Delilah
02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you :) I hope everything turns out alright.

chocolatepuppy
02-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is okay. I'm sure it will be a hard for you waiting to hear from your doctor.

poofy
02-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Prayer said for you..

jenluckenbach
02-03-2006, 05:16 AM
I always have some spare thoughts for you. Try not to worry yourself silly. It won't change the outcome. Prayers that all is OK. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Barbara
02-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Sending my best thoughts to you! In case they would find something not so good I am sure they wouldn't wait til Monday.

furrykidsmother
02-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Still waiting. I know it is kind of early, but I guess I am hoping the day will go by quickly and they won't call.

catnapper
02-03-2006, 08:23 AM
How scary! Plenty of prayers for you.

sandragonfly
02-03-2006, 10:23 AM
thoughts are with me!

wish you wouldn't worry yourself to death if you haven't any symptoms or pain(?) - worrying won't change anything and it could make something/yourself worse.

I believe you'll be okay but still holding you close and hope they wouldn't have needed call you today! hang in there and cuddle with your furrkids. :)

don't forget to take care of yourself - ((((amanda))))

furrykidsmother
02-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, I haven't heard anything yet and I was getting edgy so I called the doctors office and they closed at 3:00. I hope that no news means good news. Thank you again for your thoughts, hugs and prayers.

Karen
02-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Prayers your way! Waiting is awful, isn't it?

sandragonfly
02-04-2006, 03:02 PM
well..hey - in this case, no news should mean good news! :D

let's keep praying the good letter (or a call) will come for you next week so I can see you soon!

((((many hugs)))) and as said in your first mammogram thread, am sitting next to you and holding you cyberly close!

remember, don't think and think -

furrykidsmother
02-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Gina, yes I am hoping for no news being good news or a good letter to come my way. It would be so wonderful since you are so close now to be able to see you. Let's hope!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I am praying for you too! And.... i agree: no news is good news :)

lisalee
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Sending many good thoughts and prayers your way, I hope you hear good news soon!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't take much for them to pick up the phone to let you know :mad: Hope its good news when it eventually arrives

JenBKR
02-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm just now seeing this - have you heard anything yet? Good thoughts and prayers coming you way!

sandragonfly
02-06-2006, 10:40 AM
gee whiz, waiting is bothering me, call back now!? they would wait or wouldn't rush to make a call if it's not important.. :rolleyes: I'd rather not important than waiting. :D

let us know let us know...

furrykidsmother
02-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone! I have my cell phone on and I have been checking my answering machine at home every hour or so and they have my work number. The thing is that if there is something bad that they find, they (the radiologists office, I am told) would be calling my doctors office and am told that my doctor's office would call me right away. If it is "normal" then my doctors office would get a copy of the report most likely the same day I get one in the mail. So, as much as the waiting is killing me, I am hoping I don't get a call and just a piece of paper in the mail. Your continued good thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

furrykidsmother
02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Well, 1 week yesterday and as of this afternoon I still hadn't heard anything. So, I decided to call my doctors office. I was informed that they had received the report, but it was sitting in the Assistants mailbox to be reviewed and she wouldn't be in until Monday. I said, so you are going to make me wait another weekend? She told me to hold on, this is the nurse. She got the report and read it, told me that it appears that nothing has changed since the last one in August and that they recommend another in 6 months. Nurse said she would show the report to the Assistant on Monday and have her review and decide if anything needs to be done right now, like refer me to a surgeon. If nothing has changed, why would I need to see a surgeon and why do they have to scare people? Don't they realize people have feelings and concerns and are not just a number. I guess not. Well, anyway I am not sure, but think this is good. I'll know more on Monday I guess.

Corinna
02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
That is just terrible lots of hugs and prayers for you and a pox on the medical facilty you have to use. :D

furrykidsmother
02-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks Corinna! I called the office back yesterday at 2:55. She asked me what I was calling about (she had forgotten), then said Oh, she never gave me back the report. Give me your number and I will get right back to you. I left work at 5:00 and never got a call. I am going to assume that is a good thing, but I am in search of a new doctor today. Maybe one that will be a little more considerate.

JenBKR
02-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Geez, they're not very thoughtful are they? (((hugs))) Good luck searching for a more considerate doctor!

sandragonfly
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
eesh... sounds like it's time for you to find a considerate one is absolutely correct!

well, haven't they called in today yet?

I too, will assume it means good news! I remember you had to call them a several times and they answered but said nothing critically.

(((hugs & hugs))) sorry for frustration!

furrykidsmother
02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. As usual they seem to have done the trick. Finally after I sent a letter requesting my records be forwarded to a new doctor they found the time to call me and explain my results. It appears that nothing has changed since the last Mammogram and that is good. No mass found or obvious problem, so they confirmed 6 month re-check. I appreciate all the good thoughts, prayers and hugs everyone sent. BTW am in the process of getting a new doctor. Can't keep going through this. Again thank you all!!

sandragonfly
02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
oh hi, glad you could update!

good for you! some may don't mind waiting but I wouldn't want someone who kept on saying they will contact you and not. :rolleyes:

good luck, hope the next new one deserves you!