PDA

View Full Version : How to score with a woman.

RICHARD
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Let her play the whole game!!!

NYC's Prince scores prep record 113 points

NEW YORK (AP) - Hey Kobe, top this.

Epiphanny Prince of Murry Bergtraum High School scored 113 points in a game Wednesday, breaking a national prep record previously held by Hall of Famer Cheryl Miller.
Prince, a 5-foot-9 senior guard, led her team to a 137-32 victory over Brandeis High School.

"After I scored 29 points in the first quarter, I didn't think much of it," Prince told The Associated Press in a phone interview late Wednesday night. "After I had 58 points at the half, and especially after having in the 80s after the third quarter, I just decided to go for it."

Prince had 58 points at halftime for the Lady Blazers, ranked No. 2 in the nation by USA Today.

"At the half, we thought she had a chance to break the record so we just let her go," coach Ed Grezinsky said.

Miller scored 105 points for Riverside Poly in California against Riverside Norte Vista in 1982. She went on to become an All-American at USC.

"It's an amazing thing when an individual does that," said Cavaliers star LeBron James, who was told about Prince's performance Wednesday night after Cleveland beat New Jersey. "I don't know who she is, but maybe we'll see her in the WNBA. For that matter, the NBA."

Two-time WNBA MVP Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a half for Morningside High School in Inglewood, Calif., against South Torrance in 1990. South Torrance refused to play the second half.

Prince, one of the nation's top high school players, is headed to Rutgers next season. Her previous high this season was 51 points.

"It was efficient," Prince said. "It wasn't like I missed a whole bunch of shots. That's what made it even better."

The boys' high school record is 135 points set by Danny Heater of Burnsville High School in West Virginia in 1960, according to the National High School Sports Record Book on the National Federation of State High School Association's Web site.

In his stunning 81-point game last month, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was 28-of-46 from the floor against the Toronto Raptors.

The NBA record is 100 points in a game by Wilt Chamberlain in 1962.

-------------------------------------

WOW!

RICHARD
02-02-2006, 07:27 PM
no basketball fans here? :(

Addie
02-02-2006, 07:42 PM
wow...thats amazing...prep school kids are better than NBA Stars!?!?