PDA

View Full Version : Question!/Help?!

racing_gurl07
02-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I went to the pet store today to get some things for spike, and someone posted to get her "yogurt treats" but the only ones they had there was for gerbils(fruit flavor) and rabbits(veggie flavor) and dogs (peanut butter flavor), (they are called "Yogies") but the only diffrence between them is the flavor, so the lady that runs the place told me to get the rabbit one which is the veggie flavored, it said "made with real yogurt" so there is yogurt culture in it, and i heard that birds are latose and tolarant, but will these treats be okay to feed her? :confused: -thanks for the help!

racing_gurl07
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
anyone? :confused:

racing_gurl07
02-03-2006, 10:01 AM
on another message board, some people say its fine, but others say its not. Help?! :confused:
If i cant feed Spike them are there any rabbit onwers that would like to buy them from me?

Karen
02-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Maybe bring them to your local shelter if they have bunnies. Miss Hoppy does NOT regard yogurt treats as edible. She doesn't even play with them. She just pushes them aside, and they'd just gather dust if I didn't gather 'em up and thow them out!

buttercup132
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I know that scince they are made with real yogurt they are bad for bunnies bacuse they aren't supposed to have any dairy products. So I don't know about birds..

Giselle
02-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Hmm, that's odd! I never really had to feed my birds yogurt treats per se because they always went crazy for millet seeds, but I always remembered walking through the aisles of the pet store and seeing birdie yogurt treats, like this:
http://petfoodexpress.com//shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?productID=3254&catID=NaN

Corinna
02-04-2006, 09:48 AM
My bunny Wee One (17yrs old) LOVES the yogurt drops he'll do any thing for them. I only give him 1 a day and I got friut flavored ones the othe day he went crazy over them.