PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr!!

king2005
02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I developed a small rash on my shoulder right beside my BC Patch. The Dr. said it just happened to be side my patch as I have been using it for 2 years now with no problems. She gave me a cream & sent me on my way.

I was happy with that, UNTIL!!!

I read the cream bottle. I have a habbit of reading everything before I use it & I noticed the exp. date. March 2004 !!!!!

I called the clinic, all polite & all & they said to go buy a bottle at the pharmacy!!!

No, Oh I'm so sorry, that shouldn't have happened or make sure you wash it off with soap or its harmless when it expires, it just wont work. That lady was a pain to deal with & a B****! She has a VERY strong korean accent, so it was a little hard to hear what she was spelling out (the kind of cream I can buy at the pharmacy), I said pardon I didn't the last letter & she had the nerve to say, what, don't you speek english!! :mad: :mad:

I'm really starting to HATE living here.. Their Grocery Store is GROSS & the clinic could careless about people! We better move out of this place soon, I NEED A DR.!!!

Edit: the cream bottle was used & nearly empty, thats why she gave it to me.. so MANY people have been using an expired cream!

caseysmom
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I have heard that a lot medications are fine past their expiration date, the dates help the companies make money. She could have been nicer about it though.

king2005
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
the cream was exp back in 2004. I know meds & Food are good a few days to a few months later, but I hardly think years counts...

I don't want to go out & buy a stupid cream, so I'm gonna wait until I have my meeting with a family Dr. next tue, so I can get a precription & get the meds free, yay for my drug plan!

caseysmom
02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
It could still be okay, especially a cream, call back and ask to speak with someone else about it.