PDA

View Full Version : What type of food do you feed your dog/cat

renfest
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
I was wondering what people feed their animals/furry kids and if I am just as crazy as everyone else. We had started out on innova and then we were given can a day and solid gold which merilyn was allergic to we switched him to Nutro and he is doing well his rash is almost gone and he is still has playfull as ever. So I am just throwing out the question

rennie

JenBKR
02-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Roscoe is getting Nutro Natural Choice Chicken, Rice, and Oatmeal now - he was on Bil-Jac and WHEW tooo much gas! LOL Nutro is a better food, and cheaper too.

My kitties, Katie and Belle, get Science Diet. I know, not the best - but they do so well on it.

beeniesmom
02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Beenie eats Nutro Natural Choice lamb and rice mixed with half a can of Merrick (flavor of the day - chicken, turkey or wingaling).

Frankie eats Purina Vet Diets OM or Nutro Natural Choice and sometimes he gets some Merrick too (a spoonfull because it's very rich and gives him the runs if he eats too much of it)!

PS: What does : Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte mean?

Pembroke_Corgi
02-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I was going to feed Innova as well but it has too much protein for Marta who needs less (she has urinary problems with too much protein) so I went to their California Natural line about a month ago which only has 21%. Both my dogs loooove it and they are doing really well on it so far.

elizabethann
02-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Fenway eats a combo of Merrick, Fromms, Enova and Nutro (kibble). He eats Merrick (soft food).

Cosmo & Maxie (the cats) eat Nutro Weight Loss food (kibble...they're a little on the portly side). For soft food, they eat Wellness.

:)

lv4dogs
02-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Nanook & Raustyk get Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Weight Management, for breakfast and sometimes dinner, but they usually get raw for dinner.

Kaige gets Innova Evo mixed with Innova canine adult for breakfast and sometimes dinner but he usually gets raw for dinner too.

Back to the mixing foods post, I went a couple weeks ago to get Kaige hi Evo but they were all out so I got the reg. Innova & mixed that with the rest of his Evo. I'm not sure if I will keep that combination or not but his kibble will continue to be a mix.

Kfamr
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
My three eat Nutro Natural Choice - Lamb & Rice Small Bites. :)

Vela
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Mine eat Chicken Soup and I add different things at dinnertime, depending on what I make for dinner. They often get raw meat as treats if I happen to be cooking meat for dinner that night. They also like small amounts of eggs and yogurt and peanut butter as well as treats.

renfest
02-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Well I am glad that I use Nutro seems like allot of people do

rennie

BitsyNaceyDog
02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Dogs- Buster, Charlie, Nacey, and Nova eat Blue Buffalo. Bitsy eats Natural Balance.

Cats- Raisin, Jimmy, Kit, and Sundae also eat Blue Buffalo. Oliver is on a prescription diet, Royal Canin s/o.

LeahMM
02-02-2006, 03:19 PM
I feed Chicken Soup to my dogs and cats. It's a better food than Nutro and cheaper.

binka_nugget
02-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I feed my boys Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. They were on raw before Chicken Soup but I had to switch cause it got too expensive. I plan on switching them back to raw eventually.

carole
02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Both my cats have different needs and taste, Lexie just eats her biscuits day in and out, they are top quality with no preservatives or colourings, prebiotics in them, all the vitamins and good for preventing UTI's as well, they come in two flavours, and two types for hairball and digestive system, they are called Excellence by Virbac, but the only bad thing i would say about them they must be high in fat, as she has put on far too much weight, she only eats a small cup and i mean small cup per day, I know have the low cal variety, which she is not fussed on, but tough, i intergrate it with the others for now, she gets some raw fish usually John Dory one small fillet per week.

Now Ash on the other hand is not fussed on her biscuits and tends to like the cheaper brands, whiskas wet food salmon and chicken mostly and he likes all the cheaper brands biscuits, chef and whiskas or purina,he does get chicken once a week, fish and prime beef mince and red meat as well.

Chica
02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I was feeding Chica Chicken Soup dry food mixed with pieces of real chicken and chicken broth.She loved it. But she was getting ear irretations. My vet thinks she has food allergies, so now she doesn't get any treats or reagular food for 6 weeks.She gets her food cooked by mommy!Me! She gets boiled potatioes, boiled pinto beans, and ground venison for her meals for 6 weeks. :) Then the vet wants to see her, and find out how she is doing. So far okay, but if her ears bother her again, it isn't a food allergy.So we will see. Does anybody else have a small dog that has ear problems?
You would know if your dog scrathes their ears and shakes their head alot!

The Cat Factory
02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Chester is on Fromm Duck & Sweet Potato right now, and I feed my kitties Felidae :)

dab_20
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Sammy and Molli eat Iams.

My cat, Oreo, has to eat whatever is cheapest on the rack. :( But I guess food is food.

anna_66
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Roscoe is getting Nutro Natural Choice Chicken, Rice, and Oatmeal

All three of mine are on this now.

BC_MoM
02-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Mickey: Purina One Lamb & Rice Formula
Molly: Purina One Puppy Chow

.sarah
02-02-2006, 04:30 PM
My dogs are fed home-cooked meals. If I do not have time to cook for them (which is rare) I give them kibble. Mandy and Nova get Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish and Luka gets Solid Gold.

lvpets2002
02-02-2006, 05:01 PM
:) Well when they are not eating off my plate = then the cats get Whiskas wet & dry & also two of my babies get Science Diet Sensitive Stomach.. The dogs get left overs & Purina Dry..

cali
02-02-2006, 05:34 PM
mine are all on RAW.

gemini9961
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
All 3 of mine eat Nutro Ultra Weight Management.

Jessika
02-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I have fed Diamond Puppy, then switched to Pro Plan Lamb & Rice, then to Nutro Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice, and now to finally Nutro NC Chicken Meal, Rice & Oatmeal. This is the best food I've had them on so far (and formula, too) and they are just doing EXCELLENT on this food :)

Husky_mom
02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
i know its not related but rennie´s sig means

"not all who wander are lost"

and about food i feed pedigree (its one of the best around here, but a bit expensive double than if i buy it in USA, so when i go i stack and also but some other better brand and mix)(the other we can get here are proplan but its worse, and rarely seen science diet, my previous dogs ate that and did well now you can barely find it, also you can find eukanuba but its way too expensive like double the pedigree and half the size, and also i had fed iams and they did great and it was as much as pedigree but once again you cant find it here, the rest of the brands we CAN get here are on the minus side so this is the best and they do well on it, on others i tried they get upset stomach)

also i give them rice, eggs, biscuits, tuna, some human treats all ocassionally

renfest
02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
No it is not related it was just something that I put there lol I want to thank everyone for their input on what you feed your furry kids.

rennie

Husky_mom
02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
no i meant it was not related ME saying what it meant in this thread, not that it was not related to pets, you can put whatever you want, sorry if i didnt made myself clear :p

renfest
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I realized that after I posted .. no problem still trying to figure out a few thing's here

rennie

K9soul
02-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Sensible Choice/Royal Canin Natural Blend

sammy101
02-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Nutro Natural choice lamb & rice.and they get canned also.
welcome to PT btw!

Giselle
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Both dogs eat Innova EVO and raw. Wouldn't change a thing.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I feed my kitties Summit right now, but once the bag is empty, I'm going to look at other options. Summit is a great food, they created it so lower income people can feed their pets higher quality food. I have found that my cats are shedding more and get a little gassy with this food.

My next food will be a super premium holistic food called Fromm Four Star Nutritionals (http://www.frommfamily.com/products_fourstardrycat_duck.asp) . It has no corn, wheat, by products, and is very palatible and easily digested. I also love the fact that it has glucosamine and chondroitin added.

My future dog will be eating Fromm Four Star Nutritionals as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this food!

:)

renfest
02-03-2006, 08:07 AM
I have a friend that switches dog/cat food every chance they get and that I know is not healthy

rennie

vinjashira
02-03-2006, 09:20 AM
I have been feeding Snowy Iams since she was a puppy. I have been thinking about switching to Nutro as I heard so many people here are very pleased with it but Nutro is not as easy to get as Iams in my little town.

renfest
02-03-2006, 09:32 AM
That is the reason I switched not many places carry innova anymore and instead of going tp the grocery store and getting what ever they have I would rather get something that I can get easily and he likes.. I also am giving that to my cat as well

rennie

k9krazee
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
My five eat Nutro Natural Choice - Lamb and rice :)

ETA: The cats eat Iams

Dixieland Dancer
02-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Dixie gets Innova Senior
Dusty gets Innova Evo - the closest thing to raw on the market without actually feeding raw. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to feed him raw.

poofy
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
My 2 get Nutro Natural Choice lamb and rice ..

Glacier
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
The dogs' kibble is Acana Performance, a working dog mix, high fat, high protien. They also eat large amounts of moose, caribou and bison. (Plus whatever other meat I can get my hands on.)

The cats all eat Hills Prescription Diet CD.

dab_20
02-03-2006, 04:43 PM
I have a friend that switches dog/cat food every chance they get and that I know is not healthy

rennie

Technically is depends on the dog. Some dog's tummy can take switching food all the time. My RB missy had different food every time.

But I think it's best to stay on the same food, and just switch it to experiment or only every once in awhile.

lute
02-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Gracie eats Diamond Performance, Jake eats Purina ProPlan Adult Chicken and Rice, Beanie eats Purina small bites.

the cats eat Purina indoor formula.

cocker_luva
02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Jesse eats Iams weight control for adults.

countrycowgirl
02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Itty Bit eats- Nutro puppy
Chewie & Roxie Eats- Nutro Ultra Weight control.... I must say that I am VERY pleased with Nutro it is a awsome food for a good price.... my dogs coats have never looked this good and chewie is FINIALY losing weight lol :p

*LabLoverKEB*
02-05-2006, 08:40 PM
My girl geat Nutro Natural Choice. I fact, mom just went to Petco to get some more dog food today! ;)

finn's mom
02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I feed Finn a raw diet. He gets mostly chicken leg quarters. And, fruits and veggies when I have them, which is usually several times a day. Always raw, though.

RobiLee
02-06-2006, 02:10 AM
I feed my girls Eagle Pack chicken and rice formula.