PDA

View Full Version : I got my purple Dyson animal!!

pitc9
02-02-2006, 01:07 PM
OMG I am in Looooooooove with it already and have only used it once!
I have been saving for it for so long, it was something that I insisted I paid for by MYSELF! (No money from the hubby... I guess it was going to be a pride thing.... :D )
Well... after months of not being able to save enough money, my hubby bought it for me. He's been working tons of over time and decided to buy it for me. I just got it yesterday and I swept the floor with my Eureka first then with the Dyson and the canister was FULL of hair and dirt.
Wow.. there must have been an inch of just DIRT on the bottom of the canister!! I love it, and I will never live without one again!!!
Yipppeeee!
I can't wait to go home and vacuum again!! :D
(if any group of people is going to be happy for me, it's got to be other animal lovers... right????) ;)

ramanth
02-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Andy and I have two friends that own the Dyson Animal. We've added it to our wedding registry. :D

gemini9961
02-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I want one. :( I use a Hoover and it works pretty well, I have hard flooring so I can see the dirt and hair. Next for me is surely a Dyson though. I am happy for you. :D

moosmom
02-02-2006, 01:33 PM
You've become a vacuuming fool!!! I'm glad you like it. I always wondered about the Dyson. I always buy my vacuums at tag sales and flea markets. I bought my daughter's Hoover from her for $20 and she bought a new one. I love having a vacuum with attachments. Oreck's are terrible!!!

JenBKR
02-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I want one of those! I've been saving up for one myself - I'm so happy for you! :D

lv4dogs
02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
You are so lucky. I want one too, but my budget isn't allowing right now. I'll stick with my dirt devil for now.

Felix
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I have never heard of it..anyone have a link? :confused:

CountryWolf07
02-02-2006, 02:37 PM
What do they look like??

JenBKR
02-02-2006, 02:46 PM
What do they look like??

They look like regular upright vacuums, but the purple dyson is supposed to be awesome for picking up animal fur and dander. I do really want one, but they are close to $500 I think, so I'll have to wait.

pitc9
02-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Here's the link to the home page:
http://www.dyson.com/

Here's the direct link to the Dyson DC14 Animal:
http://www.dyson.com/range/feature_frame.asp?model=DC15-ANIMAL

It retails for $569.00

Felix
02-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Wow I want one of those,They are costly :eek: Kindly accepting donations ;) Joking LOL.

JenBKR
02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
They are costly :eek: Kindly accepting donations ;) Joking LOL.

ME TOO!! LOL

anna_66
02-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Angie I'm so excited for you (and after reading your post thought I'd better get mine out and vacuum;))!
Isn't it just the best? Don't know why I'm asking since you've already said you can't wait to vacuum again:D I felt the same way when I got mine too!

I love the design of the new ones. Very Cool.

Happy Vacuuming!

neko1
02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I've had mine for about a year now and I love it!!! Best investment I ever made!!! :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I too am a Dyson fan. I told my sister-in-law about it so she got one. My brother sent me an email complaining about what I had done....as according to him I forgot to tell her that someone actually has to plug it in and direct it around the room.... :D :rolleyes: :D

cali
02-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I have always heard so much about Dysons, I had no idea what they were so I looked it up, they apperently exist every EXEPT canada :o

Jessika
02-02-2006, 08:34 PM
I want one BAD but they are SOOO EXPENSIVE!! :(

KYS
02-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I've had mine for 3 years. Yep! I love mine too. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2006, 09:25 PM
My house is cleaned regularly and the Dyson empty after every use. And here is how much cat hair it picked up today!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p83ab1b452cbfb64eb932228ee6b1f49b/f05074f7.jpg

That thing is amazing!

captain
02-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a Dyson too!!!

We went to look at the ball, but the Dyson lady told US that because we had tiles and hardwood floors, the ball would not be good for us.

So, we bought this one instead

Michelles' Dyson (http://www.dyson.com.au/range/feature_frame.asp?model=DC08-TW-TBN)

I LOVE IT!!!! Best vacum ever. It took me YEARS to convince my hubbie ....... and when I got it home, I vacumed ONE small carpet on our floor, and showed the hubbie ......... now he is a convert too!!!

krazyaboutkatz
02-03-2006, 01:19 AM
I've only owned my Dyson DC 15 Animal for a little over a month and I'm in love with it. It's the best vacuum cleaner that I've ever owned. :) I bought mine here: Dyson (http://www.popeilfamilystore.com/dysonvacuums.html?ovmkt=AM1HF9FEIP60EPFLBRA9UF3FVK&OVRAW=Dyson&OVKEY=dyson&OVMTC=standard). You can get free shipping or you can sign up for the 4 payment plan offer. I'm doing the 4 payment plan so this way I'm able to pay it off much easier. :)

CathyBogart
02-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Oooh, I'm envious, I want one! ^_^ Congratulations!

pitc9
02-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I ran it again last night, I had to because the dogs got into the garbage and spread coffee grounds all over the carpet, but I was not mad! Because I got to use it again!! :D
However I was mad because they chewed up the hubby's slippers. :o

Suki Wingy
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
My parents are saving for one I think. When they do get it though I deffinatley want to use it on my carpet where I spill things, Niņo sleeps, and Oslo hops around shedding and once he had an accident

koxka
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I have been thinking on buying one.But couldn't decide wich one! :o I like the yellow one with two canisters that you can empty with just a click.This one have the "holes" that brings the dirt inside smaller than the rest and I'Im fear it will cloack with bunnies' hay debris,they are soooo messy! :rolleyes:

shais_mom
02-09-2006, 11:53 PM
not entirely sure I should relay my story but what the heck I am among friends.
;)

Today for Kylie's vet visit she hid under the bed, and in order to get her I had to move the bed - my bed hasn't been moved in almost 2 years! I have swept under it with my grandma's canister sweeper but apparently that wasn't good enough! There was a thick layer of Kylie-fur on the floor. So after I deposited her at the vet and came home I decided to move my bed completely and sweep under it. I got my vacuum which is a Kenmore Destiny bagless 12 amp that I have had since I moved in 1999. I swept it over and over and over and then let it just sit on top of it and all it did was ball it up!
So I called Sears in the same town where my vet is and they had 2 of the Animals - and I went and picked it up! It was $549.99 but if you used your Sears card you saved 10%. So I got it for around $500. :) Took me awhile to put it together even tho it shouldn't have! :eyeroll: I swept with my Destiny and they reswept with the Dyson and took pics - I can't believe I am posting them but like I said I am among friends right!? ;)
That's the other reason why Kylie got picked up tonite rather then spending the nite there!! ;)

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9Qas2bFs1USPQ

captain
02-12-2006, 11:02 PM
OMG Staci
That is DISGUSTING ......... :D :D :D

shais_mom
02-12-2006, 11:05 PM
OMG Staci
That is DISGUSTING ......... :D :D :D
And mind you I had just swept Wednesday Morning and this was Thursday evening! - course a lot of that was from under the bed!

Chris J
03-11-2006, 08:18 AM
And I bet not one of you guys bought yours from me... LOL

Chris J
03-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Oh, and now available for sale in Canada.

http://www.dysoncanada.ca

I have always heard so much about Dysons, I had no idea what they were so I looked it up, they apperently exist every EXEPT canada :o

anna_66
03-11-2006, 08:51 AM
And I bet not one of you guys bought yours from me... LOL
No but I did think about you after I had gotten mine...does that count ;) :p :D

Chris J
03-11-2006, 11:16 AM
At least you did think of me :)

No but I did think about you after I had gotten mine...does that count ;) :p :D

moosmom
03-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I got the chance to try it out at Bad, Breath & Beyond (Bed, Bath & Beyond)the other night when I had to vacuum the vestibule. I swear that sucker (pun intended) could suck the paint off the walls!!!

I only WISH I could afford it. Even with my employee discount I only save about $155. It goes for $549. :eek:

Killearn Kitties
03-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Some years ago I knew someone who did some work for an electrical retail outlet. One day when he was in, they were doing a test on 3 or 4 different vacuum cleaners, one of them being a Dyson. They had various rugs down, loaded with biscuit crumbs, grit, talcum powder and other household bits and pieces.

I never did hear how the test itself went, because what made the deepest impression on everybody was the amount of dirt that the Dyson picked up on the supposedly clean floor on the way to the dirty rugs!

shais_mom
04-12-2006, 11:49 AM
anyone that has this has anyone noticed their beater bar? Mine is wrapped around with Keegan hair. I have to cut it off with a razor blade.
:(

anna_66
04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
anyone that has this has anyone noticed their beater bar? Mine is wrapped around with Keegan hair. I have to cut it off with a razor blade.
:(
Oh yes Staci, this happens quite often to mine too with Huney's hair (she's blowing coat like crazy right now) but I've never had to use a razor blade :eek:

*LabLoverKEB*
04-12-2006, 06:50 PM
We have a regular dyson vaccum, and I absolutely love it! It works sooo well!

trayi52
04-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I love my purple Dyson! I wouldn't have any other kind of vacum cleaner and I have owned a lot of different kinds before too!

Willie :)