PDA

View Full Version : 13 - Shaddow = 12 ..

sandragonfly
02-01-2006, 09:09 PM
and 12 cats is like one or none! :( :(

we all just moved in my new big apartment today, about six hours ago - I got really upset after I got here, found men were still doing repairs they suppose to finish yesterday! so I couldn't leave the apartment unsupervised, afraid one of two would let cat(s) out. (there was no door yet to keep all of them in a room for while).

I was much relieved once they got everything under control and cleaned up quickly, then left. I went to stores, get a few things for new home. an hour ago when I came back, I found a note by a key on counter. I headcounted cats first thing, one is missing....my tonki-girl, shaddow! :mad: :( there's barely stuffs in my home, no big furns yet or anything at all, I searched and looked behind toilet, refrigator, stove, inside cabinets 99th time. I went outside, calling for her, looked over three streets with flashlight and shaking treats....I know she's starving and is a good listener but I haven't seen a bit of her!!

I'm in tears, we just moved in, new smell, street and home, I don't know if she'll find a way back...am so scared for her! :(

I'm not sure what to do.. just to keep calling, my eyes are burning, getting so tired - haven't slept in few days - planned going over at a friend's to sleep there because of no matress yet but can't right now, gotta keep searching. please help! :(

boscibo
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I hope you find her soon.

Catty1
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh Gina!

I know you are exhausted...again, try the local Humane or shelter(someone could have picked her up); call neighbours in your old neighbourhood in case she went back there(many do, the homing instinct is amazing); local stores, post office, even police officers who drive through the area.

I hope she comes home soon!

Karen
02-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Oh Gina!

I know you are exhausted...again, try the local Humane or shelter(someone could have picked her up); call neighbours in your old neighbourhood in case she went back there(many do, the homing instinct is amazing); local stores, post office, even police officers who drive through the area.

I hope she comes home soon!

Gina's "old neighborhood" is in California, so that's not a possibility. She's only been in NY for a little over month, and lived one place for a couple weeks, then she and the Ark were stashed a couple hours south of where she now is, but the kitties were inside only there.

Gina, sweetie, check every single box, every single corner and closet - she could be inside, and have been shut in a drawer or cabinet by accident.

Then tomorrow, if you still haven't found her, ask the humane society of they have a Have-a-Heart trap you can borrow, and bait with something smelly like tuna.

AbbyMom
02-01-2006, 09:37 PM
OH NO! Prayers that you find her soon. Maybe she's just scared and crawled into something you haven't discovered yet.

Catty1
02-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh no, I didn't realize you had moved so far!

Hopefully she is just scared and hiding nearby.

Prayers and good thoughts to you!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-01-2006, 10:08 PM
I wish I could help in some way, I'll be hoping that she is just hiding in your new place somewhere. I hope she is there and safe. :(

icedtea
02-01-2006, 10:11 PM
i hope she is safe!

sandragonfly
02-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I swear I've looked in every square of inch around the apartment. there are no boxes yet, most are at friend's still.

has been over two hours now, I wish I never was gone for an hour and half hour! :( my nose's so freezing looking out for her.

oh dear, trap? I'll do it if I have to, I used it the last time my cat, eclypse escaped few years ago but so far here I've seen more than six non-tonkinese cats in flashlight. harder.

oh why, why.. I wish there's a window made for cat able to come in, not out. in that case, I could leave a tasty food on windowstill, hoping shaddow would jump back in.

I wish I'd shake the person who let her out... :mad: :( *sniffles* ..

Corinna
02-01-2006, 10:51 PM
HUGS I'm praying for you and Shadow

AlleyCat
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Oh Gina I hope you find her !! Please keep us posted! Prayers and HUGS!

Catty1
02-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Okay, I'm grasping at straws here...is there any ductwork, for air conditioning or anything? Any openings? Fireplace(even a decorative one). Entrance to an attic at top of a linen closet, or something?

Oh hon, I wish I could make her just appear!

I remember when my sister's indoor cat fell out a ground-floor screen many years ago - he hid inside a bush right in the front yard. He didn't go far...he was scared.

Maybe leave a dish of food outside overnight?

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Catty1

sandragonfly
02-01-2006, 11:37 PM
three hours now.. {{:(}}

yes catty, only there's 6 floor-vents. with me running, looking around frantically, instead of thought needed popeye(?) pull it up for me, they're screwed down. :rolleyes: only a bettle can go through those holes.

overnight dish, what would really help? :confused: I sleep 4-7 hours, she could eat it up in two minutes and walk away or a second if some neighfur ate it...how would I know it was her?

I walked & walked, "shaddow? shaddow?" constantly until got very dizzy, no food, sleep or enough water today, fell down on my porch, had head down between knees for few minutes. head up, no shaddow or even her shadow by me still. :(

I can't wait until it's daylight time and call everywhere, everyone I could find of. thank you very much for hugs, I'll keep them close overnight. :(

orangemm
02-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Keeping fingers and paws crossed for Shaddow and you. I know you are miserable with worry.

Hugs.....(((( hugs )))) :(

catlover4ever
02-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Oh Gina, I'm praying to St. Francis (patron of animals) for a safe return of Shadow. Please keep us posted. (((hugs)))

lv4dogs
02-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh Gina I am so sorry to hear that. If you need any help finding her let me know I can come over this evening.
I don't have my phone on me right now (left it at the meeting last night :rolleyes:) but I will have it later this afternoon. Or you can catch me on AIM (I'll sign on right now).

I have a have-a-hart trap you can borrow too!

furrykidsmother
02-02-2006, 08:48 AM
OH NO!!!! I am so very sorry to hear about this. Prayers heading out that she will find her way home safely and soon!

catmandu
02-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Thats horrible news about Shadow.
When Moose was lost for two months I know how it was worrying about the Big Fellow,not knowing where he was.
We pray that you find Shadow,and have your Bakers Dozen of Cats again.
A Pox on those lazy workmen.

lv4dogs
02-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm helping her right now, contacting all the local shelters & vets.

PT prayers please!

furrykidsmother
02-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Prayers being said that Shaddow will return home soon!

Corinna
02-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Prayers coming from the 3rd mom . Shadow come home your mommy is missing you.

Donnaj4962
02-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Oh my... I am just now reading this thread! Send out the angel cats and have them help Shadow to find the way home! I am saying lots of prayers that Shadow will be home soon. Gina, I know you are trying so hard! You are in my thoughts and I am sending a big {{{{HUG}}}} your way! Please keep us posted.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Gina's "old neighborhood" is in California, so that's not a possibility. She's only been in NY for a little over month, and lived one place for a couple weeks, then she and the Ark were stashed a couple hours south of where she now is, but the kitties were inside only there.

Gina, sweetie, check every single box, every single corner and closet - she could be inside, and have been shut in a drawer or cabinet by accident.

Then tomorrow, if you still haven't found her, ask the humane society of they have a Have-a-Heart trap you can borrow, and bait with something smelly like tuna.

gina, make sure there are no crawl spaces that have been left open either, when we moved to NY from MA, the movers left a closet in our bedroom open and there was a crawlspace inside the closet. Pippin decided to crawl in there and hid under the floor boards. We didn't find him till after we moved. Luckily we hadn't sold the house yet.

sandragonfly
02-02-2006, 01:01 PM
lady's other human, there's no crawlspaces here, or else would I have looked there.

I've called about six shelthers, three localby vets this morning and lvdogs called the other two, no sign of her, only will look out for her. (thankyou sue!) left wetfood dish outside on my porch, sat there for about an hour while making calls. then walked, knocked on almost every door of three long streets since 10:30AM. only one woman thinks she saw her. I sure hope it was shaddow! if so, it's a good sign that she is still around and hasn't been taken by anyone.

somebody taking her and bring her in home is what afraids me most too, she would come for food and some loves. very sensitive but very sweet and friendly.

..still nothing of her. :( has been since 9PM last night, too long.. hard to understand there is only 12. she also is chipped, I'm just hoping if someone found her and took her to vet/shelter, remembers to check it! the information on my all furkids' chips are updated, my brother/grandmother will call me asoonas thy hear from someone.

thank you everyone for keep prayers coming! :) :( if she doesn't come home by the day ends, I'll be making flyers...sigh. oh, the dish were still full when I came back 3 hours later. :(

AlleyCat
02-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Gina, I want to make a suggestion: I re-read your posts and it sounds as if you were staying at your apartment while the repair workers were doing their stuff. Is it at all possible that one of the repair workers took Shadow? Without you seeing this happen? Can you call the repair company or those guys specifically to see if they know of what happened? Just a suggestion - I sincerely hope they did not take Shadow! Or maybe they saw if she went "somewhere" or got out while they were working?

Pembroke_Corgi
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Gina, I want to make a suggestion: I re-read your posts and it sounds as if you were staying at your apartment while the repair workers were doing their stuff. Is it at all possible that one of the repair workers took Shadow? Without you seeing this happen? Can you call the repair company or those guys specifically to see if they know of what happened? Just a suggestion - I sincerely hope they did not take Shadow! Or maybe they saw if she went "somewhere" or got out while they were working?
Yes have you tried calling them? Maybe they saw Shadow escape but didn't do anything. :( I'm trying to send positive thoughts your way. Glad Sue is close by to help.

sandragonfly
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
ahh, never thought of that.. yikes. :(

the key wasn't there and I headcounted just before I went out, made few stops - everyfur was here.

these men worked for my landlord, I'll have to ask my him. I certainly hope not too! one man I met last night seems a bit weird, talking about how much he loved my cats and had two himself. I thought they'd at least not comee back.

I just saw my landlord (didn't thought to ask him that) and explained him about this situation, he offered to pay all copies of flyers! and apologized. he doesn't know who came in and left the key here.

dish is still full. :( she must be so faminshed enough to come back! I don't understand..

I'll keep you all posted... going call my landlord and see if I could reach one of those men today. my ark feels so empty, my mind won't believe she's really gone. :(

sandragonfly
02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
shaddow, come home please.

here's picture of my girl, that's my shaddow I want her to return! (second square in second row of signature) ~

http://i1.tinypic.com/n2mxaf.jpg

shaddow, wherever you are, I hope you're allright. :( I have plenty food, love and your furriends waiting for you.. meomwie misses you so much. please, just walk up the porch, stratch the door, my big goldie will hear you for me!

..meowmie & twelve furgangsters

furrykidsmother
02-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I hope that one of the men didn't take her. :mad: :mad:

Good thoughts and prayers are still heading your way. I hope and pray that she will be home with you soon and that you will be posting a happy update soon!

I imagine your Ark does feel very empty right now. Hopefully she will be home very soon, to fill the empty spot!

(((((Hugs))))) to you and please Shaddow come home, Meowmie and your brothers and sisters miss you soooo much!

lv4dogs
02-02-2006, 03:29 PM
[color=purple] he doesn't know who came in and left the key here.

That really concerns me Gina. Is he going to research to see if he can find out who it was?

Was your door locked? If so & he doesn't know who brought the key I would strongly suggest that you have him change the locks.

You know Shaddow is in my thoughts & prayers!

sandragonfly
02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
sue, he didn't know which one came back, it doesn't take two men to put a key on a counter! it can't be someone else because only those two (men) had the apartment key since repairs started. and left it here for me. landlord just changed them new! landlord said it was nick, the one without beard, (not werid one).

heard back from landlord, he went ahead and called both of them for me and both answered back they never saw or heard her ran out. I hope that's true. . . :( thanks mommyof4cats for thinking of this anyway, I should think of it for next time it happens again.

I'm gonna go out again.. for one more time, whistle and shake before it gets dark.. (about 30 - 40 minutes left of daylight) - please, please be this time!

orangemm
02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm still praying for Shaddow's return........... :(

AlleyCat
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
One more suggestion after you come back -- you're probably already gone looking right now. I know you're deaf, so ask your landlord to come into your apt. (or is your roommate/friend hearing?) and you call for Shadow and see if he hears any meowing anywhere nearby. This worked for me once when we could not find Rascal many years ago, she had gotten into a rafter where we couldn't see her (or hear her meowing.) I hope this helps !! Prayers and HUS !!

catmandu
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad has been mobilized and is searching High and Low for Shaddow.
Lets hope that that worker did not assume that since you had 13 Cats,you wouldnt miss One.
We are praying wherever Shaddow is ,that she is safe and warm,and is not Stray.
Prayers are coming for you Gina,and The Serach And Rescue Squad is doing thier best.

sandragonfly
02-02-2006, 05:43 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif SHADDOW IS HOME!!! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

I just had to come back and tell you this, I'll be back later with how! I now want so badly smooch & squeeze her - she's all webby and purring, fine, just starving!

THANK YOU ALL!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

RedHedd
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
YAY! Once again, PT prayers worked! Glad she's safely home.

boscibo
02-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Great!

AbbyMom
02-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm SO HAPPY she's home. I was prepared to break into tears every time I checked into this thread.

PT Prayers work!

Catty1
02-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh SWEET little Shaddow! Your meowmie and ALL of us were so worried. Welcome back to your new and very happy home!

Catty1

Karen
02-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Whew! Yay!!!!!! Oh, Shadow, no more worrying mama, okay?

icedtea
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
yay!!! im so pleased for you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-03-2006, 04:20 AM
OMG, I just found this thread :eek: . I scrolled all the way down, so I saw that Shadow is back allright.
OMG Gina, what an ordeal!!! I was almost sure that someone stole Shadow.... !
I am SOOOOO happy that you have her back; I wonder where she was though :confused:

orangemm
02-03-2006, 04:51 AM
OMG, what a relief!!! Now HANG ON to that girl!!! :) :) :)

furrykidsmother
02-03-2006, 07:15 AM
So very, very happy that she is home and fine!! Wow! What a scare.

Van10
02-03-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm glad to hear that she was found! :D

Donnaj4962
02-03-2006, 10:06 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to read that she is home! YEEAAAAHHHH! :D :D :D

My girls and I all said a very special prayer last night to give Shadow guidance to fine her way home! And I know that all of the many prayers helped! I had LES all night, just trying to imagine what you were going through, in a new place, and having lost one of your ark! Now I have LES.... but these are tears of JOY! Thank you GOD for your help in bringing Shadow home to her Meowmie. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
02-03-2006, 10:52 AM
That is wonderful!!! I'm so glad she's home safe!

kimlovescats
02-03-2006, 11:56 AM
WELCOME HOME Shadow! :D

catmandu
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad is pleased that they were able to find Shaddow and Direct her back to you.
It reminds me of the Time that Michael didnt like the Hotel and was hiding in the muslin under the bed.
I was convinced that my Orangie had gotten out,and was lost.
We are so pleased that your Shaddow and You are together again.

sandragonfly
02-04-2006, 02:32 PM
sorry, I saw another thread asking me how I found shaddow - once I got her in, everything went hectic - she was full of spider webs! and had pushed me to bathe all of my cats. (they were so so very dirty from moving, living in three different cellarooms) and now my ark is sparky! :D there were two men came yestafternoon, fixing last thing, the bathroom door! and put up 10 new blinders. then few hours later I sprained my finger. :( (took me a while to finish this post too!) and four people came this morning/noon to have furns in - (finally!) ..now I've just let them out of bathroom, they're too busy smelling, exploring new things and I have time to post without keeping an eye closely on all of my dear furrescapees! & guarding doors. :)

okay, here goes how!

I was sitting by a window, looking out on porch, a woman ran up to my door, she looked somewhat so happy - "I saw her! I saw her! *pointing at her house* come come!" I ran out, followed her to her backyard wooden fence. she told me she saw shaddow walking up right there but wasn't there when we ran up to it. :( so thought try to call her, asked woman if she could sit down, two people would be too much for shaddow. she backed up, I walked to the inside corner of fences, able to climb and look over into other backyard, see if I see her. nothing, so started calling. *POPS THERE SHE IS!* jumped on top of fence, *MEOWS*! she knew it was her meowmie. I bursted into tears, "yes that's her!! ohh!!" as talking to her, walked up closely, erm.... the fence was way taller than me! come, come down shaddow with my hand reaching up - she downed one paw for me to reach, I was on my toes, caught her and pulled her down gently, landed in my arms! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif I guess that was worth of walking around large, large neighborhood. :rolleyes: what a scare.

she had big pupils, scared of course, but wow, she purred all suddenly, so happy to be back! in my arms especially. I didn't care if there was any spiders on me!

I sure wish I knew where she was at all time. two days ago where the woman thought she had seen her was on the street behind me, that fence woman's house is in front of me, across from the street.

as of right now I'm laying my tummy on carpet, typing this (on a pager), my precious precious shaddow is sitting in middle of my arms and, yes, kneading my right arm - tickle tickly! she smells really good also. :)

now, don't think anymore men would need to come in....the (sparky) little ark is all good! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

thank you all so much for thoughts and hugs! why is it always with pet talk fuzzies coming back at least one or two days.. :rolleyes: :p well, pet talk magic works!!

((((thankful hugs back))))
..meowmie & the trouby tonki-girl!

furrykidsmother
02-04-2006, 02:53 PM
So very, very happy this had a happy ending. Sounds like she must have had quite the adventure, but I am glad she is back in your arms and purring away! Shaddow, be a good girl and don't give Meowmie or any of us any more scares.

orangemm
02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
SHE is probably happier than you are! Welcome home, Shaddow!!! :)

catmandu
02-04-2006, 06:49 PM
The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Can Chalk Up Another Successful Case.
Buddy The Little Dog That Rescued So Many Cats During His Life,gets The Credit For Shaddows Rescue.

kb2yjx
02-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Sometimes I do not have the chance to read ALL the threads, but this one was a real nail biter!! I am just so glad that you found your Shadow!! I was going to suggest to say a prayer to St. Anthony, he helps to find lost things and St. Jude for hopeless situations, but your girl is safe at home!!! I know I would be just a frantic if one of the Clan was lost! WHEW!!!