PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Asap!!

Toby's my baby
02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I NEED ideas, asap, one of my sister's hampsters got out of the SEALED box that she had them in while she was cleaning their cage. I dont know what to do, we cant find it anywhere. and we cant figure out how it could have possibly gotten out. We even brought the dogs to help us sniff it out, with no luck .. . NEED HELP!?!?! any ideas?!?!??! thank you SO SO Much!!

WolvesRawk
02-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh no! That's bad. That's happened to my bird several times. The only suggestion I have is to leave food and water EVERYWHERE in the house so if you don't find him for a little while, he won't die. The dogs is a good idea. Sorry that I'm not much help.

Karen
02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Seal off the room, if you can, set out some seed, and then sit quietly - no radio, no Mp3 player. They're pretty noctural, so it probably found a good place to hide right now, but will come out - or at least make noises - in a little while. Keep the kitties out of the room, of course!

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I'd say seal off every room put a towel under any cracks like under the doors, and leave food and water everywhere.wait a while then check every nook and cranny of that rooom. Also close all openings to the furnes(sp?)
good luck

Toby's my baby
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
FOUND IT!!! Just as we had given up, I looked over by the door, and he was racing along the wall. It is back in its cage now, with its buddies. .. thank goodness!! Thanks everybody!!! :)

Alysser
02-01-2006, 10:03 PM
AW! Little houdini! :DGlad he's home:)

slleipnir
02-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I've lost gerbils a few times. I borrowed my neighbors squirrel trap (it's a long trap with a little trigger (here you put some smelly food they like) so when they step on it, the door closes. I caught my gerbil the night I set it up. The other times I was able to catch them by hand....

(edit)
Glad you found it!

finn's mom
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Glad you found the hamster!

poofy
02-01-2006, 10:56 PM
lol..that was scary..glad you found him.. :)