PDA

View Full Version : What is the flasher button on the dashboard for??

RICHARD
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
:mad: The other night I almost wrecked and could have killed two people-who already had an accident.

I was driving a four laned (two in each direction, split by a double yellow line)
street.....I was in the number one lane-closest to the DYL-in this area people will cross the DYL to get into the parking lot of a hospital.

When someone stops to make that illegal turn, cars back up and they pull into the number 1 lane to get past the nitwit blocking the lane....

As I drove up I saw that there were people lined up in the Number 1 lane.
As I got into the number 2 lane, I saw a red truck swerve from the 2 into the 1 lane....I thought he was trying to get past a nitwit.....

I then saw the red lights of a car, some trash in the road and just past the car, a set of BLINKERS...

I slam on my brakes, stopping in a stink of rubber smoke, when I see that it is an accident blocking the 2 lane....

I look in my rear view mirror and start to pump my brakes to alert the oncoming cars that I had stopped....

As everyone passed me, I pulled up next to the people who were STANDING BETWEEN THEIR CARS....I yell at them so the guy that hit the gal can TURN ON HIS BLINKERS!!!!

Had I been going a little faster I would have had to rear end the car, or swerved to the right and driven down an embankment and/or flipped over.

-------------------------

I was more mad than scared.....

So here are some tips on keeping yourself after an accident.

1) Make sure you are still alive....

2) If you cannot move your car, turn on the blinkers or put out a flare!

3) If you can move your car, MOVE IT TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD...
CSI, Adam 12, Miami Vice or COLD CASE FILES will not be mad at you because you did not 'preserve the accident scene". Actually, the cops in Cah Lee For NEE Ah are shooting people who are trying to stand up..

4) Don't stand in between the cars......SOME IDIOT in a Toyota pick up, who just wants to get home from his job, might rear end the last car in line- Trapping two idiots, with no common sense, standing in the danger zone, exchanging info...

It happens so many times it makes me sick.....

People survive a fender bender, only to be killed my some other person that doesn't know an accident has happened in front of them.

Thanks!!!

cyber-sibes
02-01-2006, 06:24 PM
:rolleyes: thanks for reminding me why I don't live in CA.
Thank God you're alright - I would have been pretty t'd off, too. People drive like idots everywhere. The one that gets me is how someone can buy a brand new car and not get that pesky turn-signal blinker "option". And that people no longer seem to have ever heard of "keep one-car length per 10 miles of speed between you & the car in front of you". Maybe they just don't teach driver's ed anymore? Thanks for the good tips, and again, I'm glad you weren't involved in the accident!

moosmom
02-02-2006, 01:42 PM
What is the flasher button on the dashboard for??

When you push it, a little man in a trench coat shows up on the dashboard and flashes you, silly!! :p