PDA

View Full Version : Betta tank question.

My Peanuts
02-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I have adopted on of Kara's (luvgold00) betta's, Typhoon. Once Typoon gets here I'm going to put him in his own tank for a while to make sure he doesn't get sick from the move. I also currently have Drew. My original plan was to buy Drew a new tank and put Typhoon in Drew's already cycled old one. Now I'm thinking about getting one 5 gallon tank with a divider. My question is, is it cruel to let these two bettas see each other all day? Will they be flaring like crazy or will they eventually let up? I don't want to stress them out.

Jessika
02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Get an opaque divider, or a colored one. That way even if they "saw" each other they wouldn't SEE each other... if that makes any sense O_o

lvpets2002
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
:) Well here is my story of when I had Bubbles & Troubles = they were in seperate bowls at each end of the dinning room table & them two would stay flared & bumping the glass till I had to put a plant in between so they could not see each other direct.. I am sure each Betta are with diff. personality..

chrissycat21
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
If you do get a clear divider, each side would have 2.5 gallons so you could plants along the divider on both sides. They would still have room to swim around that way, and hopefully wouldn't see each other much.

My Peanuts
02-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone know if there is a divider for the Mini Bow 5?

bckrazy
02-02-2006, 04:57 PM
A lot of people make custom-fit dividers out of plastic canvas material... so the Betta boys can just barely see each other through it. There's a DIY post at the Betta section of http://fishforums.net ... check the sticky threads ;0)

Congrats on you new boy! Definitely post pics!!!