PDA

View Full Version : Josie Wants Nutro Too! *Waaaahhhh*

christa
02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Okay guys, I went out and bought a bag of Nutro for Brodie, at your recommendation and now she wants some. I'm just not sure if it's for her.

Do you think she could handle it?

She's always had this "intestinal problem" . . . if she's the least bit itchy or runny, she scoots her butt on the carpet. She gets Prescription Diet ID for this reason.

I've read previous posts and it seems like everyone is pleased with the way that Nutro is digested. So maybe it wouldn't be so harsh on her . . .

What do you all think? Should I let her eat it too? Just totally switch over?

It would be so much easier to feed them both the same thing. They're not so happy eating out of 2 separate bowls! They want what the other has, of course. :rolleyes:

Craftlady
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Compare the contents of both.

I personally will not feed RX food. Too expensive and there are just as good quality non rx foods out there. Reading labels paid off for us. Yes, it's a pain in the butt to stand in store and read labels or go on line and compare but it's worth it to find out rx food wasnt necessary.

It has been my experience with getting recommended by vet the "rx" food from their office, I was able to find Nutro line of food that when I told our vet about it he had no problem with Skinny eating this food. So that more less told me, I'm not paying the HIGH prices for speciality food at vet's office when there is just a comparable stuff out there for less money and does the same thing as Rx food.

Personally, Nutro food has cured tummy problems at my house. I swear by the stuff.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 03:47 PM
It would be so much easier to feed them both the same thing.
Unfortunately I can't help with the Nutro, but I just had to chime in because I'm dealing with a simliar situation. CJ is doing well on the Science Diet Z/D and is finally starting to produce tootsie rolls (after over a year of trying everything under the sun!), but Peanut HATES the Z/D and won't eat it unless absolutely positively necessary! I picked her up the other day and she is light as a feather and seems to have lost weight since bringing the Z/D into the house - and she does not need to loose weight! Right now we're separting them because we're having some painting done, so CJ gets one bedroom and bathroom and Peanut gets the other. Because of this, I put some regular food in her bowl this morning and she practically inhaled it! So once the painting is done and they're both back to free roaming, how in the world do I feed her regular food and CJ the Z/D? I know I can do it, and I'll have to because I can't have Peanut wasting away to nothing just because CJ has allergies, but I've free fed my cats for almost 20 years now and it's going to be a tough habit to break -for me!

Sorry about not offering any advice about your problem and ranting and raving about mine..... ;)

catmandu
02-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Its a Toss Up here.
Some Love The Science Diet Chicken and Rice.
Some love the Nutro Copmlete Care Indoor Series.
Some love the New Iams Indoor Mature.
All are premium foods and I would say give the Nutro a chance.

catnapper
02-01-2006, 09:56 PM
LOL... good luck! Why do you think EVERYONE here is now on the Hills Prescription food that Pouncer needs for his crystals? I hope to one day be able to switch back. I'm hoping he doesn't start his puking before I can switch back. But I know in a few months he'll be molting and puking like mad again :rolleyes: In the meantime, he gets the Nutro Hairball food as a treat! :D

shais_mom
02-02-2006, 12:04 AM
I guess I would try it with Josie and see. Nutro is an all inclusive food.
If she has problems then back to square one!
Good Luck!

christa
02-02-2006, 07:34 AM
I guess I would try it with Josie and see. Nutro is an all inclusive food.
If she has problems then back to square one!
Good Luck!

That's what I'm thinking too.

REALLY . . . she hasn't had a problem with *runny* poop since she was very small and had some serious problems. Her poop has been fine ever since, always firm little turds :) . . . I think that she still scoots out of habit. :rolleyes:

I started giving them both Nutro last night. Both of them are putting up a fight - don't seem to want to eat it as much . . . but I figure that with Josie weighing in at almost 15 pounds and Brodie at 12 pounds, they could stand to be stubborn until they learn to like it. :)

Actually Josie seems to like it more (of course - since it's not so much for her :rolleyes: ) . . . But Brodie has always been more into *LET'S PLAY* rather than *LET'S EAT* . . . but somehow he's become a chunk so he's eating somewhere! :eek: