PDA

View Full Version : biting and scratching, help needed.

icedtea
02-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Help! Seafa is biting me heaps and scratching me. hat can i do to stop this?? owww

catmandu
02-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I am having trouble with the Kittens doing this too.Try diverting her attention with a toy.
If she grabs your hand make a noise like a Hurt Cat and they will generally stop.
A Little water splashed will cool off the biting too.

icedtea
02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
we have some cheap "super soaker" watergun type things in the garage, we used to use them on the neighbors cat when he came inside. hes very mean burmese. thanks for tips! keep em coming ppl

Pembroke_Corgi
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I agree with catmandu, distract her with a toy. Also, make sure you don't "play" with your hands and make them look like toys to her. I have a 6 month old kitten, and my husband is always forgetting and making his hands into toys by moving them around so she wants to pounce on them. I have to constantly remind him not to. :rolleyes:

icedtea
02-01-2006, 05:06 PM
oops. ok, when i pick her up when hses in a playful mood, shell bite me in evry single way i use to pick her up. oh well. thanks fo the tips ppl.

catnapper
02-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, her new kitten buddy will really help cut down on that. They'll wrestle and learn that if they bite, the other will bite back, and they figure out pretty quick that it HURTS. then they stop. :)

As for scratching get some nail clippers and trim her nails, The younger you start the easier it is. Just make sure to only take off the pointy end, or else you might cut off too much and hit the vein that is inside the nail and make her bleed.

catmandu
02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
I never pick up Miquelito or Pouncierge as I have found that most Kittens do not care to be picked up,as you are a Giantess to them.

icedtea
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
seafa just loves to be picked up and held like a baby, but her new friend doesnt. she lieks to sit next to you. yes, she has a friend now. she has an amazing story . ill start a new thread son ith pics of her, as we jsut got a digital camera!! yay!
seafa doesnt bite me and scrtch me as much anymore, her and her friend, arent good pals yet, but theyre workign on it lol.