PDA

View Full Version : myspace or live journal

lv4dogs
02-01-2006, 11:45 AM
For those of you that have both myspace & LJ do you prefer one over the other?
If so why?

I've been thinking of opening a myspace account because everyone has been talking about them that last few months. I already have a LJ. Is it worth it to have both? Does myspace have better options or something?

.sarah
02-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't have a LJ but I don't think I would use it very much. I couldn't blog about my life very much. With myspace I just have some pictures and a survey up and then talk to my friends through it. A lot of them don't reply to actual e-mails but will reply to comments and messages on myspace :rolleyes:

finn's mom
02-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I have both, and, I wouldn't even begin to compare the two...I think of livejournal more as a journal, and, that's all I use it for. Myspace, for me, is how I keep in touch with a lot of my friends, I get to see and post pictures, send out bulletins telling all of my friends all at one time what's going on with me...and, I like to see how everyone does up their pages, the music they choose, that type of thing. I have also met more people through myspace than through livejournal, so, it's cool for that. I have both, like I said, and, I think it's cool to have them both if you want.

Kfamr
02-01-2006, 01:14 PM
I prefer LiveJournal only because MySpace is sooooo slow & constantly having problems. It's quite annoying. Myspace has a lot more features, though, so that's probably why.

I rarely go on either.

Jessika
02-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Well you really can't compare them. Livejournal is for blogging, Myspace is for networking. Livejournal does have communities and myspace does have groups. But it just all depends on what kind of climate you want to be in. Myspace is completely different from livejournal. I have an account at both, but I only use my LJ to post at communities, and use my myspace to check out group and keep in touch with friends :)

With myspace though I forgot to add, you're kind of forced to see "pretty people" or young kids who lie about their ages and post rather... well, not so age appropriate pictures of themselves whereas at livejournal its less about image and more about writing.

k9krazee
02-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I was wondering the difference between the two too Sue!

I don't have a myspace but I do have a livejournal and I keep in touch with a lot of my friends through that...I went to sign up for myspace a while ago and it seemed too confusing for my simple mind :o :p

lv4dogs
02-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't have a myspace but I do have a livejournal and I keep in touch with a lot of my friends through that...I went to sign up for myspace a while ago and it seemed too confusing for my simple mind :o :p

LOL, I just signed up & am already confused. lol

Jessika
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
What do you need help with?

lv4dogs
02-01-2006, 02:59 PM
What do you need help with?

I am learning as I go. lol I was confused a few times so far but figured those out on my own.
Am trying to figure out how to add music now.
I would like to add some color & the like but do not know squat about HTML codes.

Jessika
02-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I am learning as I go. lol I was confused a few times so far but figured those out on my own.
Am trying to figure out how to add music now.
I would like to add some color & the like but do not know squat about HTML codes.

Oh I've self-taught myself HTML since I was 11 or 12, so that is something I can DEFINITELY help you out with!!

There are some generators you can use though to customize your myspace. http://www.mygen.co.uk/ is the biggest and most popular, but a simple search of "myspace generator" in google will give you MANY sites! :)

lv4dogs
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh I've self-taught myself HTML since I was 11 or 12, so that is something I can DEFINITELY help you out with!!

There are some generators you can use though to customize your myspace. http://www.mygen.co.uk/ is the biggest and most popular, but a simple search of "myspace generator" in google will give you MANY sites! :)

Thanks for the link, looks like I got a lot of learning to do. lol

cloverfdx
02-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Definitely LJ, i rarely check out Myspace ;).

CathyBogart
02-01-2006, 05:12 PM
I much prefer my Livejournal. :)

todd
02-02-2006, 01:22 AM
I like Myspace better.

Vette
02-02-2006, 03:57 AM
I love myspace. but i joined it just to be joining it,, not for blogging or anything really. im fairly new to it.. so my page sucks... LOL but heres mine if you wanna see it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=46437002

lv4dogs
02-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah I have a feeling I will continue to be LJ more often. Myspace seems ok so far but just not too much my style I guess. Only time will tell though.

luvofallhorses
02-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I like myspace better just because it's easier to use than livejournal for me. :p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-02-2006, 06:02 PM
OOooooh. I love MySpace. I have a link in my signature AND new pics on my myspace so you should definitely comment. :)

Roxyluvsme13
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I love Myspace! Never had an LJ...I added a bunch of people on PT. and I had to lie about my age on there....its obvious I dont look 17 anyways. :p Sue, you can add me if you want :)
http://myspace.com/when_u_wish_upon_a_star_7

.sarah
02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I love Myspace! Never had an LJ...I added a bunch of people on PT. and I had to lie about my age on there....its obvious I dont look 17 anyways. :p Sue, you can add me if you want :)
http://myspace.com/when_u_wish_upon_a_star_7
I heard a while back the age was changed to 14...

Jessika
02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I heard a while back the age was changed to 14...

It is 14 now.

And anyone under 18 years of age that is caught lying about their age, their account is subject to immediate termination. And they have people who view myspaces JUST to report underage users // users lying about their ages, so I'd be careful!