PDA

View Full Version : As if one death wasn't enough....

Miss Z
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
A lot of you know that i lost my beloved hammie Foxy on 30th January. I've been putting on a brave face, but inside i've been tearing myself to pieces. Today, it was starting to cease, and i could think about the good times with her without my stomach tying itself in knots and my eyes pricking. Well, when i cam home from school i was told....

that my grandad has died. He has been ill for some time now, and was diagnosed with terminal cancer of the pancreas, but his death has been very sudden. I've been knocked back just as i've been getting up. I really need some kind words right now.

Thanks

Zara

beeniesmom
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Z.
I lost my grandad only a few months ago too.
He too was taken away from us by cancer at 85.
I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye because I live in the States.
I will always remember him with love and respect. He lived in our home for 13 years in Italy and when I moved away to the States I really hoped that I would be able to see him again. I will always have a lot of fun memories of him. He taught me a lot in life.
I know that you and your family must be going through a tough time now but try to celebrate his life instead of being sad for his death. I am sure that is what he would have wanted.
hugs

cavylove
02-01-2006, 12:20 PM
zara i am really sorry. i wish i was there to give you a hug. well i will tomoz. :( :( :(

luvofallhorses
02-01-2006, 12:21 PM
oh no! I am so very sorry. :( Please know that we're here for you..you will be in my thoughts and prayers..((hugs))

ramanth
02-01-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I miss my grandpa very much. :(

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 12:25 PM
:eek: How awful I feel so sorry for you right now:(
Little Foxy and your grandad can play together enlessly I'm sure they will keep each other company while they wait for the day you come.(((HUGS)))

Queen of Poop
02-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Very, very sorry for your dual loss.

This just isn't starting off as a good year. My husband's granny passed away on Jan 9 and my dear ferret Miko passed Jan 20.

Please accept a (((HUG))). I know it doesn't make it all better, but I am thinking about you.

crazy_caique
02-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I am so sorry you are in my prayers.

Anita Cholaine
02-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh Zara...:( I'm really really sorry about your loss.... Please know that you have all my support during this hard time... (((HUGS))) for you and your family...

lv4dogs
02-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I am so sorry. {{hugs}}

finn's mom
02-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

countrycowgirl
02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I am very sorry for your loss!! :( ....if you ever need anyone to talk to PLEASE Pm me I totally understand what you are going through I lost Little bit my sweet baby boy in August then my father to Terminal cancer(sarcoma of the jaw) this september and then in the end of november my uncle and I have just found out that I will soon be losing my granfather to lung cancer ...cancer just sucks!!! so please if you need to talk I absolutly understand Im just a PM away

moosmom
02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Zara,

Honey I'm SO sorry to hear about your grandpa. Please accept my sincere condolences. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Donna

Miss Z
02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Thankyou everyone so much. Fate is REALLY giving me a hard time at the moment. I knew that my grandad's days were limited, but two days after losing Foxy, it's terribly harsh. Everyone's kind words have meant so much to me. It's very comforting to know that people all around the world can give me friendly support, so THANKYOU ever so much.

k9krazee
02-01-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry for your losses :( :( ((((Hugs)))))))

Felix
02-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Sorry for both losses :(

.sarah
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
:( I'm so sorry. I don't really know what to say. :( :(

Karen
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Big hugs to you still. I lost a very dear friend, Bob, to Pancreatic Cancer. Maybe your grandad and Bob will get acquainted once they're up there!

Alysser
02-01-2006, 02:58 PM
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Zara, I am so sorry!! You must be so upset. I know its hard to lose someone. REALLY hard. But for you to be expeirencing(sp?)TWO losses must be horrible. I am really sorry. ((HUGS)) Pettalk will always be here for you. You can always post how you feel. PM if you want to talk! Agian, Im REALLY sorry.
Hugs,
Alyssa :(

carole
02-01-2006, 06:05 PM
oh dear Zara I am truely so sorry to hear this devastating news, please accept my condolences to you and your family, maybe Foxy will be there to greet Grandpa, I send you my love and hugs at this very sad and difficult time.

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
((HUGS))again

Chilli
02-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Thats terrible. :(
I'm extremely sorry about both of the loses.
I can relate, since my grandmum died suddenly and without warning from Lung Cancer just last year.
Hope things get brighter for you soon.

WolvesRawk
02-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm so sorry. That must be really hard. *hugs* Well, your hamster is being taken good care of by your grandpa. http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Sad/Tears.gif

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry Zara. :( {hugs}

rizzy
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Zara, please remember to stay strong durring hard times like this. My favorite poem says "..Durring your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints; it was then that I carried you" God is with you now, He is feeling your pain. Maybe it was best for your Grandad, maybe he needs to take care of Foxy. Whatever the reason, we do not know, but have faith. Also please remember that no matter how bad someone has it, someone else has it worse. Think of yourself as lucky and strong, this is a hard time in your life and I will pray for you. Please, please have faith and stay strong. Hugs you Zara, many many hugs!

poofy
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Im so sorry for everones losess, what a lot of sorrow going around..I pray for the familys and you to miss z that you will all be comforted.. :(

K9karen
02-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Your granddad is taking care of Foxy for you now. Have peace, knowing they are together, healthy and happy in a better place.

Vette
02-02-2006, 04:18 AM
I never know what to say in situations like these... but i do know how you feel and that your not alone. and to just try to remebere the good times you had with him and take confort in knowing that he'll be watching out for you from from above.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-02-2006, 05:57 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news. My darling Dad died a few short months after I lost my beloved tortie Callie so I kind of know what you're feeling. BIG hug

Miss Z
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Thankyou everyone. Once again, my fabulous Lancashire lasses, Katherine and Victoria, have made me feel so much better today.

Rizzy, i am amazed....

My favorite poem says "..Durring your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints; it was then that I carried you"

My grandad had that complete poem framed on the wall of his living room. Thankyou so much for reminding me of it:)