PDA

View Full Version : What use is a dog warden.....UPDATE#2

Pawsitive Thinking
02-01-2006, 10:30 AM
if she only works office hours!!!

There's a gorgeous border collie who is always roaming around the estate where I live. He actually joined us on our walk last night so I rang the warden in the hope that she could come and pick him up and what did I get???? sorry, she's not on duty until 9 o'clock tomorrow morning!!! Hopeless :mad:

Katie and her friend Nathan took Tobey out this afternoon and came back with the same border collie in tow! Needless to say the dog warden wasn't contactable :mad: so we took him to the police station where he will be put into a kennel for the weekend if his owner's don't claim him today (not likely is it? they probably won't have realised he's missing yet :mad: ) and then handed over to the dog warden. I pointed out several times that this was the second time this week that he'd been running loose and almost got hit by cars AND that he is always out AND that although he had a collar he had no ID (which is against the law!). Really hope this lovely boy is rehomed with someone who truly deserves to have such a great dog....

Have just found out by email that the dog was returned to his owner :mad: Dopey dog warden said she had not received any complaints about him before (of course you haven't stupid - you're never on ****** duty!!!!) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any way (deep breath) I have replied to her email stating the above - but not quite so rudely and telling her that every time I find him I will let her know and take him to the police station (I know I should keep him but that won't get through to his stupid owners - I bet they'd go straight out and get another dog)

BC_MoM
02-01-2006, 10:35 AM
That Border Collie would be mine by now. :D

And not just because it's a Border Collie, lol.. but because I hate to see animals out by themselves, even if they know where they are, even if they won't leave, even if they don't have owners.

I would seriously pay that woman a few bucks to take care of her dog from now on.. because that's crap. She obviously doesn't want him/her very much if she lets him/her run around.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Would love to take him home and every other stray I come across

I have sent a note to the dog warden in the hope that the dozey mare bothers to come out to the estate to see if she can find him and either give his owners (if you can call them that) what for or finds him a decent home.

I did phone the police last night and they were going to divert a patrol car but who knows?

Pawsitive Thinking
02-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Bumped this up because of today's events

BC_MoM
02-04-2006, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't have taken him to the police station......... :(

Corinna
02-04-2006, 04:19 PM
I think it's the best alternitive we have a kennel here at our local city cop shop just for that . Our warden if for the county huge area Only one but does do Saterdays not sunday or monday . On call for the police if needed by them.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-04-2006, 05:12 PM
I agree with you all - would love to keep him but living here I don't want to run the risk of bumping into the "owner"(or even worse Katie bumping into him/her). Really rough neighbourhood but if they decide to give him up then he has a good home waiting for him here.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Jiminy Billy-Bob (as Katie christened him on Saturday) has one blue eye and one brown - do you think he might have some husky in him?

I will try to get a picture of him if he turns up at my door again

BC_MoM
02-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Probably not. Odd eyes are very common in Border Collies. :) My pup has one blue eye.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-06-2006, 09:57 AM
So she has - pretty girl

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Delighted to report that this gorgeous boy was seen last week being walked on a lead! Yippee!! A small victory :)

BC_MoM
02-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Yay!! :d