PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk perfume

caseysmom
02-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I think I had started a perfume thread a long time ago but want to do it again :D

I love perfume...I bought my youngest daughter brittany spears fantasy...I know what your thinking but it smells really nice and the bottle is very pretty and will be nice in her room. I bought my other daughter cacharel's amour amour, another nice one, both of them I may have to sneak every now and then.

I bought myself escada magnetism, I have been wearing chanel allure for years and chanel coco mademoiselle and wanted to branch out.

So ....what is your favorite perfume?

Killearn Kitties
02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I like lots of perfumes, but Chanel's No 19 and Chance are my absolute favourites.

Husky_mom
02-01-2006, 10:09 AM
i dont ususally wear perfume so if you ask me of men versions its more easy for me LOL!!! but of the ones i´ve smelled i like........

Ralph Lauren (the one in blue bottle)
Aqua di Gio
mmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh i´ll have to come back since i´m not good at names also LOL

in men versions i like
Armani (teh original and the new black code)
Cartier (Santos)
Curve
Cool Water
Boss (i cant remember exactly which one but one for Hugo)
Chanel (5, pour mousierr (SP??), platinum)
360º
and i can go on and on but i´ll let others give opinions....LOL

moosmom
02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
My favorites are:

Carita (sold only in Paris)
Blue by Ralph Lauren
CK1
Chanel #5

That's all I can think of for now.

caseysmom
02-01-2006, 10:27 AM
My husband wears aramis but my favorite mens cologne is eternity. I also like chanel no. My brother in law goes to paris...I will have to request carita...heck maybe I need to go there myself :D

JenBKR
02-01-2006, 10:31 AM
My favorites are Pleasures and Pleasures Intense be Estee Lauder. I also like Red Door but that can get pretty strong so I don't usually wear it. I like others too, but those are my favorites. I also like bath and body works body sprays in all different scents (I am using Cherry Blossom right now). I like those scents because they smell really good but are not overpowering.

zippy-kat
02-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Staci (shais_mom) has dubbed me a parfume whore. :o

In no particular order:

Hugo Boss Intense
Chanel's Chance
Aquolina's Pink Sugar
Philosophy's Pure Grace & Falling in Love
Clinique's Happy & Happy to Be
Victoria's Secret's Very Sexy 2
Donna Karen's Be Delicious
Robert Cavalli's Just Cavalli
(almost) anything by Demeter

Those are just off the top of my head; I know have others, just can't think of them right now.

KYS
02-01-2006, 10:51 AM
My favorites are:

Vanilla lace by Victoria's secret
Tresor by Lancome
and Tabu

kimboe
02-01-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm using just body spray right now by "The Healing Garden- Sleep Well" It smells pretty. And I also like J-Lo. That's not too bad.
But, I would like to find a perfume that kinda smells like coconuts.

BC_MoM
02-01-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't like perfumes at all. :( They make my throat itch.

shais_mom
02-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Staci (shais_mom) has dubbed me a parfume whore. :o

In no particular order:

Hugo Boss Intense
Chanel's Chance
Aquolina's Pink Sugar
Philosophy's Pure Grace & Falling in Love
Clinique's Happy & Happy to Be
Victoria's Secret's Very Sexy 2
Donna Karen's Be Delicious
Robert Cavalli's Just Cavalli
(almost) anything by Demeter

Those are just off the top of my head; I know have others, just can't think of them right now.

Yup and I am right there behind her at #2!
I have all kinds of favorites!
The new Guess -
Lucky You
Clinique Simply
Clinique Happy - Happy Heart - Happy to be (I get the most compliments when I wear these)
I am absolutely addicted to anything by Philosophy. Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, Baby Grace, Falling in Love. They smell soooo good!

Randi
02-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I think my favourite is still Clinique's Aromatics Elixir. I also like Halston and a few others I don't remember the names of.

beeniesmom
02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
My favorites are:

J'Adore by Dior
Mariella Burani
Issay Micaye also makes wonderful fragrances...

Taffygirl62
02-01-2006, 11:48 AM
My favorite perfume is Shania's new one as I'm a huge Shania Twain fan. Its a rose scented perfume but it has other fragrances in it as well. Its lovely.

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I think I had started a perfume thread a long time ago but want to do it again :D

I love perfume...I bought my youngest daughter brittany spears fantasy...I know what your thinking but it smells really nice and the bottle is very pretty and will be nice in her room. I bought my other daughter cacharel's amour amour, another nice one, both of them I may have to sneak every now and then.

I bought myself escada magnetism, I have been wearing chanel allure for years and chanel coco mademoiselle and wanted to branch out.

I have the same one! and my mom sneeks it sometimes too :rolleyes:

caseysmom
02-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Which one buttercup...the fantasy?

shais_mom
02-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I also want to try the new JLo one - Love at first Glow.

http://www.jenniferlopezbeauty.com/templates/products/lafg/default.asp

Anita Cholaine
02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
My two faves are Cacharel's Amour Amour, and Cool, by Ralph Lauren. I don't have them, but I'd like to buy one and I don't know which one I should choose...

My sister has Very Irresistible, by Givenchy and I love it too! Sometimes I use it when she's not with me... :rolleyes:

countrycowgirl
02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
my favorites are:

Burberry
Burberry Brit
Hollister August
Lucky you

as for like body mists I like:
Country Apple from Bath and Body works

Vanilla Lace from Victoria Secrets

Felix
02-01-2006, 02:31 PM
White Musk oil from the body shop :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-01-2006, 03:37 PM
I love...

CK1 & 2
Cool Water
Fetish
Adidas Adrenaline (I having been wearing this one alot!)
Cotton Candy - It smells just like the real thing! Yummy!

:)

sammy101
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Britney Spears(both of hers...)
Lucky You
sprays from Bath and Body Works
Victorias Secret
there are a few other ones i would liek to get but i dont remember the names :o

anna_66
02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Mark actually got me my favorite for Christmas, Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior (http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/wf_items.html?cat=01183&cur_letter=H&gs_gen=W)
My other favorite is Sun, Moon, Stars (http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/wf_items.html?cat=02239&cur_letter=S&gs_gen=w&mv_pc=zGoogleTOOL041204) by Karl Lagerfeld.

I don't care for very strong scents, they seem to make me sick.

And I do love Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel...my favorite!

Suki Wingy
02-01-2006, 04:17 PM
deoderant lol! :p
I really don't like scents

BitsyNaceyDog
02-01-2006, 05:02 PM
deoderant lol! :p
I really don't like scents

Same here, I don't even wear scented lotions let alone body sprays or perfumes.

carole
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I have to agree the Brittany Spears perfume is nice,even i was suprised, me I love anything that is musk, i am not into expensive perfumes really, as long as it has musk in it i love it.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Ahhhhhh I Love Perfumes and I have a big collection! Some of my favorites are:

Paris Hilton-Paris Hilton
Anais Anais-Cacharel
Amour Amour-Cacharel
Light Blue-Dolce and Gabana (very popular with everyone it seems!)
Romance-Ralph Lauren
Glamour-Ralph Lauren
Shi-Alfred Sung
Chanel-No.19

for men:

Allure Sport-Chanel
CK1-Calvin Klein
Paradise-Alfred Sung

Giselle
02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I also want to try the new JLo one - Love at first Glow.

http://www.jenniferlopezbeauty.com/templates/products/lafg/default.asp
Oooh, that one is heavenly. A friend sprayed it on me and I basked in its glow ;) Pun not intended!

I don't really have much favorite but I love:

Gucci (don't know the name of it, but it comes in a transparent bottle with the pink GG monogram)
Baby Phat - Goddess
Michael Kors - Island (love love love this one!)

Roxyluvsme13
02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
LEt's see....
I like Aeropostales perfume it's just called Aeropostale (clever huh?) :rolleyes:
Favorites:
Britney Spears (both)
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
CKB(its what my mom wears, so I've grown to like it)
As for Bath & Body Works...
I looooove Warm Vanilla Sugar! and the Apple scent...(country apple? I think?)
Oh, and I love Victorias Secret Vanilla Lace, and the Love Potion thing(the purple stuff whatever its called!)

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Yes the Fantasy one

Karen
02-01-2006, 09:19 PM
I am terribly, terribly allergic to almost every perfume out there. So I don't even know what each scent smells like, just what particular version of pain it causes me. The only one I can recall right now is that one of my old housemates got a sample of Drakkar Noir and wore it when the whole group of us went out to dinner one night. I was wheezy so badly by the time the food came that I didn't - couldn't even eat.

rizzy
02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I love the perfume LUCKY YOU and also TOMMY GIRL, otherwise I don't really know names or scents. :D

catnapper
02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Ivory Soap!

Seriously, every time I shower with it, I get people that say "oh, you smell so good - fresh and clean!" I'm like "um, thats because I AM!" LOL I just wish it didn't dry me out so much! I hate any and all perfumes. They kill my sinuses.

luvofallhorses
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
my best friend got me sand & sable perfume for christmas..has anyone ever heard of it or used it? I LOVE it! :D

caseysmom
02-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Kim, I grew up using ivory but now it really dries my skin out, but your right, nothing like the good old fashioned smell of clean.

shais_mom
02-01-2006, 11:45 PM
my best friend got me sand & sable perfume for christmas..has anyone ever heard of it or used it? I LOVE it! :D
yup that's a good one
reminds me of bubble bath

moosmom
02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh yeah, Tuscanny Per Donna is another one.

Carrita comes in a blue trialgular shape bottle. I try to get it whenever one of my SIL's clients goes to Paris. Don't need any right now though. I use it VERY sparingly.

Grace
02-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Chloe - Karl Lagerfeld.

Been wearing it for about 30 years.

caseysmom
02-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I forgot about tuscany, I like that one a lot.