PDA

View Full Version : there is hope for humanity after all

cali
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
I thought this was so cute and had to share, today at work a little girl, about 7 or 8 years old come in with her daddy she kept saying she wanted change, so her daddy bought some stuff with a 20 so that he was have change, then she kept saying "change, change, donate, donate!" so her daddy pulled over the donation box for the humane society and gave her some change, she was so happy had this big joyfull look on her face as she dontated to the shelter! :) I thought that was so cute, the only reason she got her daddy to buy this stuff was so she would have change to donate to the humane society :D

Laura's Babies
01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Now that is a good little girl! Somebody trained her right!

Alysser
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Now that is a good little girl! Somebody trained her right!

AGREED! That's so cute:)

CathyBogart
01-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Awww, that's wonderful! :)

Jessika
01-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I had a similar thing happen too over Christmas! A young girl came in with a fistfull of money and her mom bought some hamster treats or something, and she was no older than five, but her mom says "now, what did you want to tell the lady?" and she looks up and hands me a wad full of money and says "I want to donate to all the doggies and kitties without a home". I wanted to cry. It was so darling, and there was like seven dollars too. Her mom told me she "saved up" her money to donate it over Christmas while we do our Christmas donations.

slick
01-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Yes, a real credit to the parents, Cali.

Every year at Christmas, I don a Santa suit for the annual Humane Society pet photos with Santa. This year the same thing happened. We had a donation tin for our HS on the counter of the store that I was in. A Mom, Dad, young daughter and her pup came in for photos. After the photoshoot, the daughter (maybe about 9) pulled out some change from her pocket and put it in the donation tin. I smiled, waved and said "thank you". She knew I wasn't the real thing but still the same, she ran over to me and gave me a big hug before leaving the store. That did my heart good. :)

cali
01-31-2006, 11:15 PM
what I have noticed at both the pharmacys I work at is that the adults if they have ectra change they put it in the take and penny leave a penny tray, but I always see the kids put their change(no matter how much) in the charity things. I remeber I was working the day before halloween at the pharmacy in the hood, and this kid walks in, he was all dress up on his way to a halloween party, he bought 1 bag of candy and put the rest of his money in the donation tin for the veterens, he did not even take a poppy he just wanted to dontate around $8 to the veterens :) I mean I notised that the kids in the hood, who live on welfare and FAR more likley to donate then the people in the rich area the other pharmacy I work at is in.