PDA

View Full Version : My kids meet the new house

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
At last all 4 cats and I are in the new house, sort of. Still got tons of stuff to move but the computer and the cats and I are all under the same roof! Here is there first picture! (looks like another angel on the wall) :D
In order they are Luke, Chester (the glowing eyes), Leonardo, and Grandma.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_firstpicinnewhouse.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/firstpicinnewhouse.jpg)

Killearn Kitties
01-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Have fun exploring the new place sweeties! :D

Everything you need is in your new home now - you, the cats, and your internet connection! Hurray!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Then I opened the doors on their carriers: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_chickens.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/chickens.jpg)

and there they stayed for two hours.
Grandma finally ventured out, then hid behind the washer where she still is.
Leonardo came out next looked around a bit then crawled into Grandma's carrier.

Finally, I shook Chester out and took him on a tour of the house and a snuggle on the bed. He's now hiding under my pillow.

Then I took Leonardo on the tour. He's now under the bed with Luke. Luke was not impressed AT ALL and ran under the bed.

Grandma is still behind the washer.

Maybe they will come out by morning. :rolleyes: Not even a box full of new toys has enticed them!!

I know it's scary leaving the only home they've ever known.

smokey the elder
01-31-2006, 04:42 PM
When I bought my house almost 10 years ago, Smokey the Elder made herself right at home, thank you very much! But Mobius tried to hide behind the radiator! (I only had *two* cats at the time! :eek: "

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Gosh, MOFF, I just love that you have a digi cam now! Please be sure to say a big "Thank you" to your brother from all of us at PT. :D

I'm sure they will all be out a little more tomorrow. They will probably go exploring over night. That's what CJ did, and still does. It's like he got to know the place when nobody was around, so he was more familiar with the good hiding spots when we were around. :)

Laura's Babies
01-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I am sure once they get the feel for the place, they are going to explore it fully and have a lot of fun in their new "digs"...

jenluckenbach
01-31-2006, 06:07 PM
and there they stayed for two hours

This made me laugh....... :D

Silly kitties, this is a nice place!! Come on out and have a look-see.

RedHedd
01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
:D Reminds me of what I'm going through while they do earthquake retrofit work on my apartment. I take the cats upstairs during the day while they rip up my apartment, to what I'm referring to as the "loft" where my living room is temporarily relocated. Mitzi has the same carrier as Leonardo, however they both HATE the carriers and immediately exit them. Mitzi has found the perfect hidey hole for her behind the claw-foot bathtub. Mishi immediately discovered the bathtub faucet :rolleyes: That's my silly water-boy.

Your two should be venturing out in about a day or two :D

kb2yjx
01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear that you and the cats are in your new home!!! Do you think if you shake the treat container, they would come out of hiding??

catmandu
01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
I remember watching Mr Scrappy,Michael and The Princess in the basememt when I moved into The Found Cat Hotel.
Michael his under the spare bed. Princess was hiding beneath the boxes.
Mr Scrappy was trying to run but he would start and not know where to run.
Poor Scared Little Cats.
You certainly have a nice palce and I know that Your Cats will get used to thier New Home Soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Glad to hear that you and the cats are in your new home!!! Do you think if you shake the treat container, they would come out of hiding??
Tried that! I even stuck a treat under their noses and they ignored it! :eek: Then I tried catnip! They love that most of all! Still no takers! :eek: :eek:

icedtea
02-01-2006, 01:46 AM
good luck in your new place with your fabulous kitties!! they looked so funny in their carriers. my kitten seafa sticks her paws thru her carrier and scratches e, then she goes to sleep. lol.

catlover4ever
02-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Congratulations on your new place. I just went through that as well with mine. I just had to give them their own time to get out and explore. I can't wait to see some more photos of the new place and your kitties settling in. Congrats again.

Rie Rie
02-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Have you tried bringing some of their own things in, that might would help them to feel more comfortable. I think once you've done that, they'll do fine.

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-01-2006, 07:31 AM
I am sure they will settle in quickly! When we moved house Ally also made herself comfortable behind the washer and stayed there for a LOOONG while!

JenBKR
02-01-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL Silly kitties! Glad to hear that you are all together in your new house :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, we made it through our first night. Chester and Grandma got brave and did a tiny bit of exploring.

Poor Luke was so scared!! I found him in the bathroom around 2 am huddled in a tiny space about 6 inches wide. When I picked him up he just shook.
He went back in the bed room and under the bed. I did go in and get on my tummy on the floor a bit ago and he came out and let me pet him. Then he graciously made me feel better by consenting to eat a few bites of human tuna. He's back under the bed now.

Chester stupidly craweled behind the washer and Grandma has him trapped there. She won't come out or let him out either. She'll teach that young whippersnapper to steal her hiding place!!!

Leonardo just had a snuggle with me in the bed. THAT made me feel lots better! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-02-2006, 07:13 AM
kitties are so silly.....

T and J did really good when I moved into my apartment. Jupiter is my big boy and he explored... but carefully and had his tail down...

Tinky the HISSY fit queen explored but hissed and growled at Jupiter for a few days.

One thing for sure though ...... they play so much more at the apartment than they EVER did when I was married and lived with Eric.....

I'm excited for you and the kitties.... they will come around soon... :D