PDA

View Full Version : Is it Thursday yet?????

moosmom
01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Since my temp assignment ended last Tuesday, I've been home BORED TO TEARS!!!!!! I've been calling places for jobs, applying on Careerbuilder.com (I won't go on Monster.com because it's a farce). The agency is trying to get me another assignment.

So, I'm offiicially calling today "Thursday". Hope you don't mind RICHARD, but...

I NEED A DRINK!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Gosh Donna... I do alot of recruiting for my clients and I use Monster all the time. I get better response #s on there.

Maybe it is different in different parts of the country?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I NEED A DRINK!!!!

ME TOO!!!!

I'm in my new house, well sort of: my computer, and small tv and cats are here, so here we are staying!!! I'll just go to the other place and move stuff during the day.

I'm so tired and hurt so bad!!! I WAY over did it today! The cats are all hiding and I need a DRINK!!!! :D

buttercup132
01-31-2006, 04:42 PM
I dont drink
EDIT:yet :p

smokey the elder
01-31-2006, 04:45 PM
How's about I whip up a round of Irish Coffee's with Jameson's and whipped cream? I'm stuck in the lab...again! ;)

lizbud
01-31-2006, 04:52 PM
ME TOO!!!!

I'm in my new house, well sort of: my computer, and small tv and cats are here, so here we are staying!!! I'll just go to the other place and move stuff during the day.

I'm so tired and hurt so bad!!! I WAY over did it today! The cats are all hiding and I need a DRINK!!!! :D

Do you have help with moving the big stuff ?Moving can be quite a chore
but I'll bet you'll be so glad when it's over.

RICHARD
01-31-2006, 05:51 PM
lololol,

I always have wondered what it's like on the 'other side' of the counter...

Number it and get a DOTD and it's your Thursday!!!

DONE!

I'd like a straight shot 'o mezcal!!! Please? :D

Mario,

wanna play pinball????

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Do you have help with moving the big stuff ?Moving can be quite a chore
but I'll bet you'll be so glad when it's over.
I will have. Problem is, lots of the shelves I want to bring are loaded down. I need to go through and see what to toss and what to keep and get rid of that before we can move them.

The man who has mowed my yard for years also owns a moving co and he will do the heavy stuff for me. :D

gini
01-31-2006, 11:46 PM
Gee whiz, Donna, according to my calendar it is only Tuesday night - and here you are pounding away on the door yelling OPEN UP!!!!

Richard usually leaves a key someplace logical - so let's look.

MOFF, don't over do it now........we want you to enjoy the new house - not collapse from overworking yourself.

Donna, find the key yet?

moosmom
02-01-2006, 06:35 AM
FOUND IT!!! Boy RICHARD, you did a great job stocking the bar. We've got a smorgasbord here!!!! WOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'll take one of each! I so do love these cyber-parties. Only place I can get drunk and stay sober at the same time!!

Irish Coffee and a raspberry scone sound good to me.

Sarah,

I NEVER had any luck whatsoever with Monster.com I always thought it was a gimmick because I never got any response at all.

RICHARD
02-01-2006, 11:23 AM
I feel like 48 cents this morning, so....

Million Dollar Cocktail
INGREDIENTS:

1 oz gin
1 tsp sweet vermouth
1 tsp dry vermouth
1/2 cup pineapple juice
dash of egg white
dash of Angostura bitters
PREPARATION:

Pour the gin and vermouths into a shaker with ice cubes.
Add the pineapple juice and a dash of both the egg white and Angostura bitters.
Shake vigorously to froth up the egg white.
Strain into a chilled highball glass.

-------------------------

lbaker
02-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Raw egg white :eek: BLECH At least the egg won't explode ;) I think I'll stick to a dry white wine or a Bloody thank you anyway :o How about a nice massage Donna, ease those overworked muscles over here and let me see what I can do :)

catland
02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I'd like to join in with whatever is being poured at the moment.

Moo - is there a craigslist for your city? go to www.craigslist.com and see if your city is listed. It is a very popular site here in Portland for job searches - lol - one day an employee here saw his position posted there - creating quite the dilemma - after all, how do you go to your employer and say "hey - I was looking for a job on company time today when I saw mine posted there :eek: :eek: )

moosmom
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Lbaker,

I'd LOVE a massage. The last time I had one was in Vermont years ago.

Thanks Catland, I'm going to try craigslist right now! I'll let you know how I make out.

I applied to the newspaper my Dad worked for for over 20 years. I "dropped" my Dad's name in my cover letter (he had an impeccable work record and was admired by alot of people there). They're looking for a secretary and baby, I'm IT!!!!!! ;)

Corinna
02-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Is this going to be thursday this week ,. I'll take a DLC I have to look for work next week too. Bummer.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh, oh, oh, me, me, I want a massage too! Can we have a "spa" Thursday where we all just relax around the pool and partake of massages, facials, scrubs and wraps? That would be sooo cool because it looks like we (me, mom mom, my aunt & Terry) won't be making out annual pilgrimage to the spa this year. They redid the hotel and more than doubled the price of everything. :( We always went on Easter weekend and I always really enjoyed just laying around with the most pressing thing on my mind being what time my next service was. I'm really going to miss it. :(

Not too sure about the DOTD so I think I'll stick with the good ol' standby - a pitcher of slushies please. That should loosen me up real good before my massage. :D

davidpizzica
02-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Wow, is it me or is this door getting heavier! Morning, everyone! I thought come in and open everything up. Orc's getting firewood and I've just cleaned the bar. Anyone up for fresh coffee??

lbaker
02-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Fresh coffee sounds purrfect David! My, it does look nice and tidy in here. It would appear helping out Moo with the house cleaning has rubbed off. Cool. I think some wonderous corn bread and, and... what? Thick sliced crispy bacon and, and.. what?

Q: What happens if the ground log sees its shadow?
A: We'll have six more weeks of splinters!

* OK OK, group groan*

davidpizzica
02-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Oh, Laurie! BACON!! lead me to it! Old Phil said six more weeks of winter again. Actually we had a really warm january, anyhow.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Wow, is it me or is this door getting heavier! Morning, everyone! I thought come in and open everything up. Orc's getting firewood and I've just cleaned the bar. Anyone up for fresh coffee??

Fresh coffee sounds good to me David, thanks. Have time for a cup in front of the fire before I have to get the munchkin from school. Here Lady, have a puppy treat and I brought some cherries for Mario.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh, Laurie! BACON!! lead me to it! Old Phil said six more weeks of winter again. Actually we had a really warm january, anyhow.

How about some pancakes with the bacon. LH, made a nice blueberry sauce and I brought some whipped cream.

I dread what February is going to be like if January is so warm. It's probably going to be bitterly cold and windy, yuck!

davidpizzica
02-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Fresh coffee sounds good to me David, thanks. Have time for a cup in front of the fire before I have to get the munchkin from school. Here Lady, have a puppy treat and I brought some cherries for Mario.
LOH, I kept the fire down to a low roar so that Lady doesn't get scared.

buttercup132
02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
It's Thursday now :D

smokey the elder
02-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Pancakes with blueberry syrup, bacon and really STRONG coffee sounds good right now!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Corn bread and thick sliced bacon is all I need, Laurie - lots and lots of bacon! I love bacon and don't eat it near as much as I'd like to. Why is everything that tastes so good so bad for you? :(

If the six more weeks of winter is like the last 42 days, not a problem! Here in Chicago, we've been above "average" temps for the last 42 days - in the 30's and 40's everyday. However, it has been predicted that next week the temps will drop into the 20's during the day and teens to single digits at night - brrrr....we're not used to that kind of weather around here anymore! The good news is it's February 2 already and when it's not cloudy, it's actually light when I leave work again, which all means that spring is on the way!

Ok, back to my bacon and corn bread - yummy!!!

slick
02-02-2006, 10:09 AM
**sniff sniff**
MMMMM something smells might fine in here. I love bacon but don't eat it for the obvious reason. Believe it or not, I've never had cornbread. Have been tempted to make it sometime....just not sure what to do with the rest of it if I don't like it. Mind if I try a piece?

Good morning everyone! Work has been keeping me pretty busy but I hope today and tomorrow should be a bit easier.

Anyone up for Baileys? I'll make a batch if anyone wants some in their coffee.

Where is that Gini? Is she buried in tax forms still?? Hey Possum, why don't you take Lady and Mario and go and find her.

Corinna
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
good morning all heres some Nice fresh huckleberry muffins (great with bacon) And a tub of nice real butter.
I'll take a DLC not feeling great need to pull it together by noon Daughter has ultrsound today hopefully will know what my grandbaby will be.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Can we have a "spa" Thursday where we all just relax around the pool and partake of massages, facials, scrubs and wraps?

Ooooh yes please.......sipping ice cold vodka at the same time would be heaven

lbaker
02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Wow Slick, can't eat bacon and never had corn bread :eek: :( That explains a lot. You are depraved because you're deprived :D ;) :p You are in cyberville my love, you can have anything you want within these cyber walls, but then you helped make the rules didn't you ;)

kiss kiss huggie's

moosmom
02-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh Lbaker, don't quit your day job!!! :p

I swear they should bind and gag Punxatony Phil (that little rodent) and take him on a nice loooooooooooong car (hey Davidp, care to volunteer YOUR car??) ride somewhere. I don't ever remember him seeing or not seeing his shadow (does he really have one???).

Got a drink to put someone in a good mood? Right now I need it!! :mad: I guess my Paxil isn't working today.

Hey Corinna, got any tips for job hunting? I've tried just about everything but groveling.

gini
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Q: What happens if the ground log sees its shadow?
A: We'll have six more weeks of splinters!

* OK OK, group groan*

Groan..........Oh, "toothpicks" Laurie!! :D

davidpizzica
02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh Lbaker, don't quit your day job!!! :p

I swear they should bind and gag Punxatony Phil (that little rodent) and take him on a nice loooooooooooong car (hey Davidp, care to volunteer YOUR car??) ride somewhere. I don't ever remember him seeing or not seeing his shadow (does he really have one???).

Got a drink to put someone in a good mood? Right now I need it!! :mad: I guess my Paxil isn't working today.

Hey Corinna, got any tips for job hunting? I've tried just about everything but groveling.
Sweetheart, I'll volunteer the Colbalt, there's a lot of them out there and it will blend in (if I take off all of the "go steelers" magnetic signs), and I'll get him LOST!

RICHARD
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Sweetheart, I'll volunteer the Colbalt, there's a lot of them out there and it will blend in (if I take off all of the "go steelers" magnetic signs), and I'll get him LOST!

Kidnapping is a crime! ;)

Here.....Let me fix a
Pitcher of Slushies
Some BM's
A pot of Catnip Tea
Coffee

And I hereby declare Next Thursday as Spa day...

Mario, Lady, Possum......Help me drain the hot tub and get all your hair out!

DONE!

Corinna
02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
The way I job hunt is just like every one else . Just keep pestering the ones you really want. I'm concintrating on the bakery , video store, and deli's. Going to try the local groomer for bathing dogs. UNlike the rest of you I only need 20-30 hours a week just to pay my cell bill and car payment (only 2 left) and goof off money . I will most likely be baby sitting for my grandbaby when daughter goes back to work. I don't really have to work hubby makes enough but I started those 2 bills I want to take care of them . Plus i hate asking for money from him ,makes me feel like when I was a kid asking dad for money.YUCK I hated that.
Good luck to all job hunters and prayers you find the purrfect jobs.

lbaker
02-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I've been at my job almost 20 years and I still love it (most of the time :rolleyes: ). I started here as a temp through an agency. Many of my co-workers did also. Nothing wrong with that even if it doesn't end up being "the one". It's a little money in the account and shows you job skills you may not even be aware of. Good luck!

zippy-kat
02-02-2006, 01:31 PM
OH yes, spa day PLEASE!! I'm all over that one!

Slick? Never had cornbread? That's ok. I've actually never had a smore.

Anyone else? What's a "common" food you've never tried?

Happy Thursday everyone!

Karen
02-02-2006, 01:54 PM
There's no common food that I know of that I have not tried - I even had a bite of haggis when I was in Scotland, and jellyfish tentacles when I was in China!

Okay, Tonya, if ever we met, I'll make you s'mores, made properly, of course!

And Slick, make yourself some cornbread! It's scrumptious, and if you don't like it, you can wait til it's stale and then break it up and feed it to the ducks/geese/whatever wildfowl you have thereabouts!

I now have food allergies, so there's some things I can no longer eat without getting sick, but other than that, I'm pretty culinarily adventurous - as are all ma's kids! :)

There are movies I've never seen that "everyone" has, like "It's a Wonderful Life," but that's another Thursday.

RICHARD
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
There are movies I've never seen that "everyone" has, like "It's a Wonderful Life," but that's another Thursday.

That will be "Things that I have never done, but want to Thursday!"

What do Jellyfish tentacles taste like, how are they served?

Nope, no peanut butter and jelly fish jokes..... :D

lbaker
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
... tastes like chicken of course :rolleyes: Seriously (??) jellyfish mostly tastes like whatever sause you serve with it or cook it in. Plum sause, soy, peanut (whoa, there's your peanut butter and jelly fish joke, and I didn't even mean it :p )

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
But I have never eaten peanut butter....or jelly...or peanut butter and jelly. Ick.

gini
02-02-2006, 02:25 PM
HOW GIRLS MAKE S'MORES --
(1) Place Hershey bars on graham crackers. (2) Toast marshmallows. (3) Place toasted marshmallows on Hershey bars to melt chocolate.

HOW BOYS MAKE S'MORES --
(1) Eat Hershey bars. (2) Eat marshmallows. (3) Throw graham crackers at other boys

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
HOW GIRLS MAKE S'MORES --
(1) Place Hershey bars on graham crackers. (2) Toast marshmallows. (3) Place toasted marshmallows on Hershey bars to melt chocolate.

HOW BOYS MAKE S'MORES --
(1) Eat Hershey bars. (2) Eat marshmallows. (3) Throw graham crackers at other boys

How Terry eats s'mores --
(1) Eat Hershey bars. (2) Throw marshmallows into bomb fire. (3) What are graham crackers?

:p

Lady's Human
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Gini, if we're having smores your way, who's going to clean up the mess?

Besides, there aren't enough boys in the pub, so we'd have to throw the graham crackers at the girls!

FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Kfamr
02-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Got any green tea? It's a bit chilly here.
In the process of making home-made potato soup - get your bowls ready!

NO! NOT those type of bowls... :eek: :p

I don't think there's a common food, in America atleast, that i've never tried atleast once... and I've got the tummy to prove it. ;)

Frog legs, s'mores, cornbread, McDonalds...

RICHARD
02-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Gini, if we're having smores your way, who's going to clean up the mess?

Lady?

A little Chocolate won't hurt! ;)

Done!

gini
02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Chocolate is my downfall - so I doubt if you will find any around me - ha ha!
Now the marshmallows are a different story.

Hmmm, never had potato soup with marshmallows and graham crackers before, have you?

Thanks KayAnn - very thoughtful of you - but duck behind the bar because the FOOD FIGHT HAS BEGUN!!!!

(flings goopy marshmallows at LH)

(one of these days I just have to grow up!)

Lady's Human
02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
(Laughing while lady chases flying smores components)

HEY GINI (throws half melted hershey bar) There ya go....

Flinging graham crackers at LOH and Richard.

:D :D :D

Kfamr
02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll have to call The Muttlies in as my guards.. they're GREAT at catching food, just don't throw chocolate at me, K? Want to help, Lady? I'm sure you're good at catching food, too. Seems to be a mastery in the canine world.

Now... how do you throw soup.... Bend a ladle and fling? It's pretty hot so lets wait until it cools down.... We don't need any michael jackson's on PT.

gini
02-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Now that is just plain mean - you KNOW it is impossible to lick your own elbow - and look at all of that chocolate!! :D

davidpizzica
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM

Hey, I just cleaned this place this morn. . Oh, well. FORE!! (flings marshmallows at Gini and LH)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 04:27 PM
<plop-splash> Ugh, Kay, you got me! Gee, I love potato soup, but not like this!

<breaks off chunks of cornbread and flings them at Slick> Hey, Mar-ee-oooo, you weren't supposed to catch those! Don't you know how to play monkey in the middle?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, by the way, if somebody would throw a slushie my way, you won't get any argument out of me! :D

Lady's Human
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Airborne Slushie......

On the Way......

Anyone want some Irish Coffee? :D

gini
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh, by the way, if somebody would throw a slushie my way, you won't get any argument out of me! :D

Get her!! :D :D

davidpizzica
02-02-2006, 04:39 PM
If anyone throws any chocolate my way, make it sugar-free! (barely ducks out of the way of a bunch of marshmallows.)

slick
02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
**crawls out of bar on hands and knees with Lady in tow**
Come on Lady...this is getting out of hand. We'd better go get the firemen to help us out!!!

zippy-kat
02-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi g--- hey! no fair pelting people as they walk thru the door!

Fine, you wanna play that way? I'm breaking out this bad boy:
http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/94466/300.jpg
The Marshmallow Shooter MS2200

(Side note: Dad collects guns. At Christmas time, he was being smart and told me he wanted me to buy him gun -- not just any gun, an antique sucker that was $$$ :eek: .

Well, he got his gun. An MS2200. ;) The whole family -especially the dog- loves it! Tons of fun!

I showed it to my boss and now he's buying one, too. lol)

lbaker
02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
O O C!! :eek: aka: OUT OF CONTROL!! OMD, Aly and I had a food fight in this restaurant in Grapevine TX during our first PT Meeting!! OUCH! Graham crackers can hurt but marshmallows are worse when they get stuck in your hair :mad: Mario! Stop picking at my hair. The ITT sisters are loaded for bare (oh, is that bear?) right now... LOCK AND LOAD! FIRE IN THE HOLE!! uh oh.. right now they are playing Tequila makes her clothes fall off We're screwed :( EEEEHAAAAAA :D Look out Catland, we're coming to get you!! heh heh heh ;)

Kfamr
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
This reminds me... Whilst in Utah, we found some stale marshmallows in Amy's pantry. Amy's mom, Amy, and I had a marshmallow fight and the dogs had fun cleaning up after us. ;) They hurt if thrown hard enough and stale!!!! :eek:

zippy-kat
02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Look out Catland, we're coming to get you!! heh heh heh ;)

Bahahahaha!
Poooor Catland, will you ever live that one down? lol

Hmm. So the PT BBQ sparks inspiration for songs, huh? Next, we'll have invites from Springer. :eek:

gini
02-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey, hey, hey - you guys leave my PEEPS alone! Those are from Laurie, and Slick and Amberlee and Staci - and yes, they are hard and stale - so don't you go flinging them at anyone.

Besides - the gooey ones do stick in your hair (snicker, snicker, just look at Laurie's hair - hee hee)

slick
02-02-2006, 05:32 PM
http://polar2.home.att.net/july-pics/dave-and-paul-firemen.jpg

Say there, anyone need some help in here???

zippy-kat
02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Well!!! :D

That sure beats a trunk monkey, huh Slick?

RedHedd
02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
They hurt if thrown hard enough and stale!!!! :eek: :D I BET they do! :D

OK now I'm sitting here giggling, envisioning stale peeps flying out of that gun barrel :rolleyes: :p :D

slick
02-02-2006, 06:09 PM
You know what's even funnier....I was speaking to Gini on the phone (can't remember when but was fairly recently) and she said she still had all those peeps we took down last year.

Please tell me that they won't be on this year's BBQ menu..... :eek: Peep Pie anyone??? :D

Trunk monkey??? Oh Mario........I have a job for you!!!! :D :D

Hey barkeep...where did you disappear to?? I could use a double BM down here please. Jeeze, a little food fight and he goes running. Maybe he's having another 10 second affair.

lbaker
02-02-2006, 06:41 PM
"10 second affair"... oh my Slick, don't bring THAT up again :eek: Poor RICHARD's ALMANAC will never be the same :rolleyes:

"...OH THESE GIRLS WONT LET ME ..."
"lord have mercy on me..."
WHOoaah, WOE is me "

wz...

RedHedd
02-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Please tell me that they won't be on this year's BBQ menu..... :eek: Peep Pie anyone??? :D

From the official Peep web page:

Peep Pie

Directions:

Prepare chocolate pudding mix according to directions on the box

Pour pie filling into ready-made chocolate cookie pie crust

Arrange PEEPS

Et Voila! Peep Pie! :D

slick
02-02-2006, 07:02 PM
:D :D :D RedHedd, you've got to be kidding. :eek: :D That link didn't work for me...but here's a couple more I found.

Peep Pie
Contributed by Judy McCann

1 ready made graham cracker pie crust
1 (12 oz) package milk chocolate morsels
15 marshmallow chicks

Carefully transfer graham cracker crust from aluminum pie pan to glass or other microwave safe pie plate. Spread chocolate morsels evenly over bottom of crust. Arrange Peeps evenly over top. Microwave on High power 20-30 seconds, or until peeps expand and white marshmallow begins to show through colored coating. Serve immediately (while it's at its gooiest best)

Zip......here's another opportunity to nuke them. :D :D

I didn't know you could get blue ones.... :confused:

BLUE PEEP PIE

1 cookie crumb pie crust
1 box (4 serving size) blue gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup whole milk (or half-and-half/light cream)
3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons Curacao or similar blue liqueur
15 (1 package of 3 boxes) blue Peeps
1 cup fresh blueberries for garnish

Freeze crust while you prepare the pie filling. Pour boiling water boiling
water over gelatin in heat proof bowl. Stir to dissolve gelatin. Add cold milk
and liqueur. Blend well and refrigerate till gelatin has thickened, but not set
firm. Fold in thawed whipped topping to chilled gelatin mixture. Mix completely
so that no streaks remain, but avoid overworking. Spoon filling into frozen
crust. Snip apart each family of Peeps. Arrange in concentric circles atop pie
filling. Use fresh blueberries to fill in gaps between Peeps. Refrigerate for
at least 3 hours. Peeps refrigerated for longer than 36 hours will begin to
"weep" and ooze melted sugar.
Note
I made this with strawberry gelatin, substituted water for the liqueur, and
used strawberries for garnish. It turned out very nicely. I also only used 4
peeps for garnish. 15 was getting a bit thick.

We'd better be careful....there are some of us who happen to make food explode......like eggs for example??? :D

Pit Chick
02-02-2006, 07:28 PM
*steps on something squishy*

Hey hey, what's going on in here? Looks like the Marshmellow Man blow up or something?

-DINK- -SPLAT-

Hey, who threw that peep?!?!?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Love the gas mask on the one. So appropriate around here - how did he know? :D

Ugh, a stale Peep fell in my slushie and soaked up some of the booze. Anybody for a powerful Peep? Kind of like a jello shot, but more of a marshmallow shot....bleh....

Can I have a new slushie please? :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Lady?

A little Chocolate won't hurt! ;)

Done!

She's got a pretty tough stomach. She did eat the equivalent of a 3/4s of a pan of brownies once and she didn't get sick. Hell it didn't phase her a bit. :D

zippy-kat
02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey, hey, hey - you guys leave my PEEPS alone!

Gini's down with her peeps, yo. So don't mess wit 'em or she'll bust a cap in your as-- *erm* As for the peeps (quick save, yes? ;) ), so seein' how they're smarshsmellows... and seeing how smores require smarshsmellows... technically you could nuke a peep and make a smore? or would that be a smeep?

Smeep, smeep!

Oh, yes! and for those in need of assitance, I offer you The Trunk Monkey! (http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/) :D
(Mario?!)

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Hey Richard, what should we do about LH flinging graham crackers at us? I think we should dump some ice cubes down his shirt. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I'll have to call The Muttlies in as my guards.. they're GREAT at catching food, just don't throw chocolate at me, K? Want to help, Lady? I'm sure you're good at catching food, too. Seems to be a mastery in the canine world.

Now... how do you throw soup.... Bend a ladle and fling? It's pretty hot so lets wait until it cools down.... We don't need any michael jackson's on PT.

Unfortunately Kfamr, Lady's only good at eating the food not catching it.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Airborne Slushie......

On the Way......

Anyone want some Irish Coffee? :D

I'd like some please, just don't throw it please, I don't feel like getting burned.

RedHedd
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry, that wasnT a link, I just underlined the name of the recipe, however there's LOTS more at the official Peep website!

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

Valentine's Peeps are being featured! Whoo Hoo! :D

Or for some REALLY creative cooking (perhaps Gini would like some of these for the BBQ) There's always my favorite cook on the Innernet - Unkle Krinkly!

http://www.unclekrinkly.com/

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 04:18 AM
:eek: :eek: What happened in here last night? It looks like the scenes from the end of Ghostbusters! I don't even know if it's safe to start cleaning up. Yoo hoo - is there anyone under that marshmallow?

After I clean up, I was going to get some breakfast ready. I thought some hard boiled eggs, some Pop Tarts, some some Miracle Whip for Debbie (I've no idea what it is, but it doesn't sound good). Is it too early to bake potatoes?

davidpizzica
02-03-2006, 05:32 AM
:eek: :eek: What happened in here last night? It looks like the scenes from the end of Ghostbusters! I don't even know if it's safe to start cleaning up. Yoo hoo - is there anyone under that marshmallow?

After I clean up, I was going to get some breakfast ready. I thought some hard boiled eggs, some Pop Tarts, some some Miracle Whip for Debbie (I've no idea what it is, but it doesn't sound good). Is it too early to bake potatoes?
Karen, I'll give you a hand (or three!) in geting this place shipshape! OOPS! I see a hand rising from a marshmallow puddle. It looks Mario-shaped! Karen, miracle whip is like mayomaisse and does this place NEED a miracle!!!

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the help, David!

For some reason, I imagined Miracle Whip to be very sweet, a bit like Angel Delight (if you know it?) The thought of it on sandwiches was just too scary to be contemplated! :D

davidpizzica
02-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the help, David!

For some reason, I imagined Miracle Whip to be very sweet, a bit like Angel Delight (if you know it?) The thought of it on sandwiches was just too scary to be contemplated! :D
Karen, in the U.S. Miracle Whip is a brand name for mayonnaise. I don't care for it myself.

lbaker
02-03-2006, 07:22 AM
I think most Uh-Mer-I-Cuns can be found in two camps.. Miracle Whip or real mayonaisse. I'm a "real" mayonaisse kinda gurl myself ;) "just bring out the Hellman's, and bring out the best"... :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
02-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Count another one for the "real" camp.

slick
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm a "real" kind of gal too. Miracle Whip is just like mayo but it contains more sugar and tastes too sweet to me. On the other hand "real" or "whole egg" mayo contains more salt which is also not good but the taste is so much better. I don't buy Hellman's because it's too expensive. Up here we have the "Real Canadian Superstore" and they put out their own brand of "real" mayo that taste just like Hellman's.

Karen, breakfast sounds good but let me clean up all these Graham Cracker bits off the floor. We sure can get out of hand can't we?? :D

gini
02-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I vote for "real" too - like real butter - not margarine

and real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip - I have never liked the stuff.

O.K. - I will help clean up - but LH better get in here and do his share - he was a flingin' pretty good himself. :D :D

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
OK, you all finish the clearing up and I'll make the real hard boiled eggs!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
OK, you all finish the clearing up and I'll make the real hard boiled eggs!
Oh, oh....seeing as you're a member of the exclusive EEC (Exploding Egg Club), we might want to wait until you're finished before we finalize our cleaning. ;) :D

'Morning everyone! Rain and snow here this morning, so I'm up for some coffee with Baileys. Geesh, looks like it snowed graham crackers in here last night. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
(Poking out fron under bar) Did someone mention me? Damn, who exploded the drum of Marshmallow in here?

Let me get some coffee going, we can have some before cleaning. Has anyone seen the Orc's remote?

lbaker
02-03-2006, 11:28 AM
No watching TV until after this place is cleaned up ;) :p Mario, go hide the remote like a good boy and I'll give you a beer :rolleyes:

gini
02-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Laurie, there isn't any beer left. While we were busy food fighting - Mario just helped himself to the last of the beer. :eek:

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 11:43 AM
:eek: The pub's got no beer! Just like in the song.

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Love the gas mask on the one. So appropriate around here - how did he know? :D

Ugh, a stale Peep fell in my slushie and soaked up some of the booze. Anybody for a powerful Peep? Kind of like a jello shot, but more of a marshmallow shot....bleh....

Can I have a new slushie please? :D

lololol, DONE!

LOH,

I feel this thread spinning out of control (I am too chicken to stop any fun the patrons are having....)

Laurie and KK....

Ah mer i cahns are a funny bunch.........Hellman's Mayonaisse is known as Best Foods (I think) west of the Mississippi or some such border....how can you trust anyone that has two names for mayo?

Hi PC!
Long time!

Slick, Zippy, David and Gini....

Pictures first and then let's clean up for the Superbowl party! :eek:

Redd,
Please! That's all we need.......more sugar and PIES!!!!

Just like the old slapstick comedies!!!

DONE?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Speaking of superbowl parties......and since we're cleaning.....

lbaker
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
I just adore Maxine T&P, she has some great ideas and hints! Her thoughts on Lawn Care - "The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless.." :eek: :D

zippy-kat
02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey who hid all the peeps? I really did want to try a Smeep!

(That's just such a fun word! Smeep, smeep, smeep! Smeep, smeep! Although that sort of sounds like a cross between morse code and the roadrunner...)

Bummer. Oh well, anyone for lunch? How about chik'n enchiladas? I'll get right on that; there's a yummy place just down the street.... ;)

Smeep, smeep, smeep! Smeep, smeep! Smeep, smeep, smeep! Smeep, smeep! Smeep, smeep, smeep! Smeep, smeep!

lbaker
02-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I rather like the word quark ~ quark quark quark quark quark quark ~ Chicken enchiladas with chopped hard boiled eggs? Would that not be a mother and child reunion :confused:

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 02:00 PM
I rather like the word quark ~ quark quark quark quark quark quark ~ Chicken enchiladas with chopped hard boiled eggs? Would that not be a mother and child reunion :confused:

GET A GRIP, BAKER....

We gots to figure out which came first, the chicken or the egg....

I'll ask zippy when she comes back. :eek:

I just read there is no beer.....Is anyone interested in some Danish beer? :D

Lady's Human
02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
How about some Karlsberg and some Royal butter cookies. Buy Danish! :D

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I can cope with the Beer, so long as no-one brings any Danish Blue in. :eek:

lbaker
02-03-2006, 02:27 PM
I've been making it a point to "buy Danish" all week long! Beer is nice but as long as there are slushies I'll be just fine :cool:

slick
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Would that not be a mother and child reunion
:D :D :D Oh Laurie...you really do "crack" me up....

Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because the others were "egging" her on. :D

....that my best "yolk" of the day.

shmeep...shmeep....quark...quark...

Gosh, I'm feeling very silly today. :cool:

Could I please have a double BM to go?? It's Friday and I having nothing to do this weekend. No shopping with Mom, no visiting....I can just kick back and do my own thing for two whole days. :)

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Could I please have a double BM to go?? It's Friday and I having nothing to do this weekend. No shopping with Mom, no visiting....I can just kick back and do my own thing for two whole days. :)

WHAT? NO super Bowl?

KK,

Oh OK....

Laurie,

One Slushie? DONE!

LH,

Not at the same time!!!

Cookies and beer!!

DONE!

This is the second week that the Zipster has taken money from the cash register, talked about lunch and not returned!! :eek:

Someone is gonna have to talk to that woman!!! :)

Now that the place is cleaned up.....Thank you Orc....

We can all relax!!!

Thank god I didn't have to egg anyone on! :confused:

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Did I understand from that post, that you don't get Danish Blue cheese?

davidpizzica
02-03-2006, 03:52 PM
(Poking out fron under bar) Did someone mention me? Damn, who exploded the drum of Marshmallow in here?

Let me get some coffee going, we can have some before cleaning. Has anyone seen the Orc's remote?
LH, the last time I saw it was on one of the end tables, however the end table is a glop of marrshmallow! **mutters to self, "where can I get another remote"?**

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I love Danish Blue! Especially on burgers or steak - yum, yum! Maybe I'll have to whine enough tonight so Terry takes me out to dinner....oh wait, we have a ton of steaks in the freezer - anyone up for a good filet with some Danish Blue and a slushie on the side? Oh, oh...now I'm making myself hungry....oh wait, I'll just eat some of the smeeps that are still stuck in my hair. Then, since we've got the bar all clean, I think it's time we hit the showers. I just hate it when you sit on the couch next to someone and you stick to them, then when you pull apart, one of you looses the little hairs on your arms - ick and ouch!

Is the slushie maker clean yet?

zippy-kat
02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
This is the second week that the Zipster has taken money from the cash register, talked about lunch and not returned!! :eek:

Oh! Um... well... um... you see there's this store called Sephora.... *bats newly coated lashes* ..... and.... um.... well, um...

Hi, my name is Zippie and I'm addicted to makeup, perfume, new shoes, and the color pink.

Killearn Kitties
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
I just hate it when you sit on the couch next to someone and you stick to them, then when you pull apart, one of you looses the little hairs on your arms - ick and ouch!

:eek: Has that happened to you often, Debbie?

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
:eek: Has that happened to you often, Debbie?

The question should be..
How long have you been sitting side by side!

Zip,

I apologize.

A woman need to look good.... :D

T&P....

lololol,

There are steaks in the freezer?

And you can't cook an egg?

Something is fishy in Denmark?

KK.

A nice lean hamburger with a slice of blue cheese, onion lettuce and pickle on an onion roll, a cold Danish beer and........

I hereby declare the bar open until after the GAME!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2006, 04:56 PM
There are steaks in the freezer?

And you can't cook an egg?

Something is fishy in Denmark?

Ummm....why do you think they're in the freezer? :rolleyes:

Actually, cooking a steak is easy. Slap it on the grill. When the timer goes - flip. When the timer goes off again, take it off the grill. Sprinkle with Danish Blue. Eat. And no chance of anything exploding. :D

Karen - once is enough. :D

lbaker
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
The secret to a truly juicy steak is to take it off the grill, cover it and let it *sit quietly* [hard to do around here :rolleyes: ) for at least 7 minutes. But then, that's just my humble opinion.

slick
02-03-2006, 05:30 PM
The secret to a truly juicy steak is to take it off the grill, cover it and let it *sit quietly* [hard to do around here :rolleyes: ) for at least 7 minutes. But then, that's just my humble opinion.
Yes, this is true. After all, I watch the food channel. :o One must let all the juices flow back into the meat to make it juicy. Gosh, I have not had a steak in a long time. Cook 2 min. on each side (I like it very rare , let rest and cover with blue cheeeezzzee....it's a little bit of heaven. Only thing missing is the 1 lb. lobster tail, crab legs and a tub of melted butter to go with it. How can you tell that salad I had for lunch just didn't do the trick.

Thanks for the BM Richard. I'll take another when you're DONE!

Debbie, what's all the gunk in your hair??? Turn around and I'll get the back for you.....**sneers and holds up scissors** hee hee hee

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Yes, this is true. After all, I watch the food channel. :o One must let all the juices flow back into the meat to make it juicy. Gosh, I have not had a steak in a long time. Cook 2 min. on each side (I like it very rare , let rest and cover with blue cheeeezzzee....it's a little bit of heaven. Only thing missing is the 1 lb. lobster tail, crab legs and a tub of melted butter to go with it. How can you tell that salad I had for lunch just didn't do the trick.

Thanks for the BM Richard. I'll take another when you're DONE!

Debbie, what's all the gunk in your hair??? Turn around and I'll get the back for you.....**sneers and holds up scissors** hee hee hee

One BM.......

DONE!

Thursday's Bar, grill and Hair-Cut Emporium!

Hey Orc....

Get Slick a tupperware bowl from the kitchen, eh?

Between David, Mario and that darned remote control.......Now I have to go wash my hands!!

RedHedd
02-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Oh! Um... well... um... you see there's this store called Sephora.... *bats newly coated lashes* ..... and.... um.... well, um...

Hi, my name is Zippie and I'm addicted to makeup, perfume, new shoes, and the color pink. :D so that WAS you at the Make-up Anonymous meeting last night. I was sitting in the back, battling my newly coated lashes .... :cool:

RICHARD
02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I am going home....I have to prepare for the Olympics.....

I'll peek in from time to time...Good luck to all you football fans.

And remember to be save and watch you eggs!

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I vote for "real" too - like real butter - not margarine

and real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip - I have never liked the stuff.

O.K. - I will help clean up - but LH better get in here and do his share - he was a flingin' pretty good himself. :D :D

I'll help clean up LH's share since he had to go do his army thing this week. By the way, david, LH told me to tell you he re-wired the remote since it got covered with marshmellow. :) :) :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
A nice lean hamburger with a slice of blue cheese, onion lettuce and pickle on an onion roll, a cold Danish beer and........

I hereby declare the bar open until after the GAME!

Sounds like a "cheeseburger in paradise" to me. "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, heinz 57, and french fried potato. Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer. Good God Almighty which way do I steer?" :D :D :D

davidpizzica
02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
I'll help clean up LH's share since he had to go do his army thing this week. By the way, david, LH told me to tell you he re-wired the remote since it got covered with marshmellow. :) :) :)
Tell LH thanks for me. Both Orc and me would be lost without it!

lbaker
02-04-2006, 05:56 AM
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" ahh... another soulmate! It's really early here on the East Coast but I think I'll go put on one of my "vinyl" albums. Yes Virginia (damned Virginians :mad: ) there ARE people that still have albums :rolleyes: and yes, I do still play them on my turntable ;)

Corinna
02-04-2006, 09:43 AM
gulty as charged also have Betas and player.

I guess I should start getting the ingretance for the fried chicken for our superbowl party. Go Seahawks!!!

gini
02-04-2006, 10:48 AM
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" ahh... another soulmate! It's really early here on the East Coast but I think I'll go put on one of my "vinyl" albums. Yes Virginia (damned Virginians :mad: ) there ARE people that still have albums :rolleyes: and yes, I do still play them on my turntable ;)

Geeze, whatcha callin' me Virginia for? :eek: Whaddi do? What you think YOU, are the only one with vinyl records sittin around? :rolleyes: Check the cupboards when you are here in April! :D And why are you swearin at me?

lbaker
02-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Why Gini my dear, I do believe you are the only "Virginian" that would NEVER steal my crabs out of the Chesapeake. And for that, as well as many other reasons, I do dearly adore you :o Shall we play records and eat crabcakes and cornbread come April? I'll even do your nails ;) Hoo Boy, I think the sun must be over the ol' yardarm somewhere "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" [speaking of Jimmy Buffitt]. ;) :D

RedHedd
02-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Move over gals. I'm another one with vinyl on my shelves. Unfortunately the turntable died a few years ago and never got replaced. I have ALL of Lou Rawls albums. Laurie, slap one of those on the turntable for me.

Ah, that's good! Feet up on ottoman, cup of java in hand, sunshine streaming through the window .... Lou in the turntable .... mmmmmm

gini
02-04-2006, 11:45 AM
What? You girls don't have any Frank Sinatra? I thought you visited his shrine in San Francisco :D :D

RedHedd
02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
What? You girls don't have any Frank Sinatra? I thought you visited his shrine in San Francisco :D :D
LOL! Actually my sister "stole" my Frank albums! She and I always joke about my trying to steal them back. She graciously has recorded them onto tapes for me.

zippy-kat
02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
What you think YOU, are the only one with vinyl records sittin around?

It's a small world after all...

zippy-kat
02-04-2006, 12:00 PM
:D so that WAS you at the Make-up Anonymous meeting last night. I was sitting in the back, battling my newly coated lashes .... :cool:

Sweet! After next week's meeting, what do you say we go get manicures? :)

RICHARD
02-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Sweet! After next week's meeting, what do you say we go get manicures? :)

Anything to get into the "herd mentality".....

Women always run in packs..remember next week is spa week

gini
02-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Women always run in packs..

There is a reason for that Richard!!! :D :D

RICHARD
02-04-2006, 12:26 PM
There is a reason for that Richard!!! :D :D

the smell of blood and a sale, eh?

moosmom
02-04-2006, 01:27 PM

*raises hand, jumps up and down* Oh, oh, PICK ME!!!! PICK ME!!!!! I've got a fire that needs putting out!!! If there's one thing I LOOOOOOOVE it's firemen in their turnout gear and Scott Packs!!!

Can ya tell I'm bored out of my freaking mind and lonely???? Pathetic isn't it??

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Tell LH thanks for me. Both Orc and me would be lost without it!

No problem, will do david :)

davidpizzica
02-04-2006, 04:19 PM

*raises hand, jumps up and down* Oh, oh, PICK ME!!!! PICK ME!!!!! I've got a fire that needs putting out!!! If there's one thing I LOOOOOOOVE it's firemen in their turnout gear and Scott Packs!!!

Can ya tell I'm bored out of my freaking mind and lonely???? Pathetic isn't it??
Don't forget gorgeous, you have ME to talk to!!

RedHedd
02-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Sweet! After next week's meeting, what do you say we go get manicures? :) AND pedicures too! :D