PDA

View Full Version : update on the Duchess and Vicky....

carole
01-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Well as most of you know they have moved into my backyard and are purrfectly at home and content and happy, i have been in turmoil not knowing what to do and what will happen.

Finally i managed to see Dianne their owner and talk about it, she knew they were here and offered to come and get them, well that will do some good won't it NOT they will just come back, and yes she does still want them, so know i know what is what and it is beyond my control now,part of me is relieved because i really cannot afford two more kitties, but the other part of me is so incredibly upset, because i know the girls will leave eventually, she is talking of getting a house with fence, not for the kitties her grand-daughter ,with her daughter , which will benefit the girls too, but she goes away so much, and leaves them to fend for themselves, she leaves food but it only lasts so long, I feel mean as i have introduced the cats to a better life now , only to be taken away from them.

I started off with good intentions but i feel i made things worse in a way, they have shelter here as well, it is raining today, but hot and sticky and the girls are in their shelter hubby made for them, it is not flash and only a temporary thing, but they are warm and cosy and not getting wet.

Dianne never offered to give me any food and yet she knows i am feeding them,funny thing is she is actually quite a nice person in other ways, yes this is me saying that, she just does not get it with animals, she says she loves her cats but yet does not provide them with the best, she came over to see them and was actually kissing them all over, much to my suprise, hope it was not just for my benefit.

I ended up talking with her about other things on her life and she has a boyfriend who lives half the time in aussie and he was leaving today, she had tears in her eyes and i ended up giving her a hug.

I just wish i could really get through to her the importance of taking better care of the cats, she really does not even know i think that way, i have never been anything but friendly as can be and kind to her, but part of me wants to shake her and tell her off.

Yes i am in for heartache whatever aren't I? it is going to be a very bad day for me the day those two precious furbabies walk out of my life.,thinking about it now even chokes me up inside and makes me feel so low, I wish i was a harder person sometimes and would not get so emotionally attached, but that is the person i am I guess, soft as a marshmallow when it comes to kitties.

Thanks for listening .

moosmom
01-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Carole,

I know how difficult it is. Especially since you have taken such great care of them. How about asking her if she would consider allowing them to stay with you. I know you say that you can't afford 2 more kitties. I ALWAYS say that!!! :p But I'm flat broke too and I ALWAYS make sure my cats eat first. I'll eat toast for 6 months in order for my cats to have what they need,

I commend you for everything you've done for those precious kitties. At least if they're with you, you won't be up sleepless at night wondering how they're doing.

Just a thought.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

carole
01-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Donna I don't think that will happen, i kinda already asked her that in not so many words, i think she is switched on enough to get what i was saying, she said oh yes i want the cats , i love my cats, especially Duchess she has been with me for over four years, i think i just have to resign myself that they will go with her and there is nothing i can do about it, i am going to give her my phone number and ask her please to ring me to take care of them when she goes away, whether she will or not remains to be seen , and i have no idea when she is planning to leave , could be ages away yet, but that will make it only harder on me , the longer they are here the worse my heartache will be.

As hard as it is to accept , i guess i have no choice, they are her's and there is not much i can do about it, i just have to continue to try and educate her on better pet parenting , and hope some of it gets through, as hubby pointed out if she is with her daughter maybe when she goes away she will be there to take care of them, she actually took Dianne's third cat Charles, i doubt he has been fixed though, so just as well the girls are now.

If i were frank i will always anguish over these girls forever, i will be wondering how they are and if they are ok, not something i look forward to at all, but my hands are tied, it is not a good situation to be in, and i wish i were not in this place, but i am and i have to deal with it as best i can. :(

kuhio98
01-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Carole ~ You are getting through to her. You are leading by example. You are showing her how to care for the kitties. Until they leave for good, you can continue to shower love (and food) on them. When they do leave, make sure Dianne knows that if she ever needs to find a home for them, that you are available. And don't be surprised (unless she moves very far away) if Duchess and Vicky show up back at your place some day. Kitties always stay with those they love. Dianne is watching and learning by your example. You may not be there to see it in action, but have faith that you are helping. Halo, Cammie and Pepper are reaping the benefits of all the lessons Kuhio taught us. I wince when I think of the the times we left her alone and the cheapo food we bought and our lack of concern if she went outside. She taught us well and you are teaching Dianne.

carole
01-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Thank you for your wise words Lisa which indeed do comfort me, yes i hope that some of it is getting through and yes i will offer my home if the need ever arises, good thinking, and to take care of them when she goes away which is quite often, I was sitting reading the newspaper, all the ranch sliders open as it is very hot and humid in NZ, and i looked over to where Lexie's food bowl is and low and behold there was Duchess and Vicky, sneaky madams, I don't really encourage them inside too much as it is too tough on my allergy and i have to watch for my cats, but they were so darn cute, i guess they were telling me time for a snack, so yep i took them a snack outside, and no it is not even dinner time yet. :D

poofy
01-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Im sorry for you and them :(

moosmom
02-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Lisa said it best!! You ARE getting through to her. And, if it weren't for you, all the girls would be walking around pregnant, and the whole nasty cycle would start all over again. Thanks to you, it won't. I know how difficult it is to see them go.

Laura's Babies
02-01-2006, 07:39 AM
The more I read about your delima, the more and more it sound exactly like that situation with me and Samanth/Midnights former owner. I was so in love with Samantha and she with me and we KNEW we belonged together only her other Mommie didn't care. It ripped my heart out of me and I cried many, many tears over the situation and I cried even more when they moved away and worried myself to death over her.

If this person moves away, just make sure you tell her if she ever gets rid of them, to bring them back to you and keep a bowl of food out for them in case they make their way back to you. That is about all you can do short of making them go "poof!"....

My heart goes out to you since I know what you are going through, I know how bad it hurts!

carole
02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks, it helps to read all your positive and kind thoughts, those kitties sure grab your heart so quickly don't they?