PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy needs prayers. Swollen Prostate and Neutering 2/6

My Peanuts
01-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Jimmy had what I and the doctor thought to be a urinary tract infection. He's been on the medication since Friday morning and he's still peeing funny. Lifting his leg for a long time and hardly any pee comes out. His bladder is not swelled, but the doctor said the prostate is. I asked him what the procedure to correct this is and he said neutering. Well Jimmy is scheduled to be neutered on 2/16, but he wants it done sooner. Jimmy is getting neutered on 2/6 now. I'm so worried about my boy. I'm worried about the surgery and now I'm also worried about his prostate. I hope the surgery corrects everything. The 6th is the same day Morty is getting a check up and micro chip. I'm going to be at the vet all day.

Please pray Jimmy gets through surgery ok and that this corrects his swollen prostate. Also please pray that Morty is good at the vet for his micro chip and that is doesn't hurt him too much.

lv4dogs
01-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh no that poor poor Jimmy. Yous will sure be in my thoughts & prayers. hugs

luvofallhorses
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
poor Jimmy. :( My thoughts and prayers are with him. and hugs to you!

.sarah
01-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Poor Jimmy :( I'll be keeping him in my thoughts.

poofy
01-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Paws crossed for Jimmy :(

dab_20
01-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Prayers coming for Jimmy!! :(

Oh, Jimmmy. I am so sad your not feeling ok. I hope your nueter goes ok and that you recover quickly!! Love always, Molli

Morty I hope it doesn't hurt too much little guy.

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Poor little guy! I hope everything goes ok for Morty and Jimmy. (((HUGS)))

k9krazee
01-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Not Jimmy :( Poor guy, we will definately be thinking of him!

Ginger's Mom
01-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Poor Jimmy. We will keep him in our thoughts and hope that everything goes well for him. And Morty, we know you are a big brave boy (not to mention cute ;)). You are so brave you won't feel that microchip at all..well okay, maybe you will, but you get lots of kisses afterwards, so it's okay.

KYS
01-31-2006, 07:09 PM
sending many good wishes for Jimmy's upcoming surgery and
he gets 100% better with a quick recovery.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-31-2006, 07:49 PM
I'll be thinking of Jimmy and hoping everything goes smoothly. I hope he'll be ok!

RobiLee
01-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Prayers are on the way for Jimmy. I hope everything turns out ok. I'll be waiting for an update. Hugs for Jimmy.

pitc9
02-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I hope goes great for both at the vets!
I had both of mine chipped and neither of them even flinched!!

anna_66
02-01-2006, 09:05 AM
We had to do the same thing with Angus. His prostate got enlarged also and he was having a hard time with bowel movements so we had to have him neutered also (he was 10 at the time) so I know what your going through.
I'll be keeping both him and you in my thoughts.
Many {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

My Peanuts
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
We had to do the same thing with Angus. His prostate got enlarged also and he was having a hard time with bowel movements so we had to have him neutered also (he was 10 at the time) so I know what your going through.
I'll be keeping both him and you in my thoughts.
Many {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Did that help Angus? Or did you need to do something else?

My Peanuts
02-01-2006, 12:40 PM
My poor boy! He cries when he goes pee pee. Not really crying, but whining. After he gets some pee out he runs around like a maniac and seems totally fine and normal. He's sleeping well too. Monday can't come fast enough for me.

elizabethann
02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Poor little Jimmy. Please get better real soon.

Do you think you can call your vet and ask if anybody cancelled and whether you can reschedule for a sooner day and time? Jimmy sounds like he's in a lot of pain when he pees.

Just a thought.

Take care little Jimmy.

My Peanuts
02-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Poor little Jimmy. Please get better real soon.

Do you think you can call your vet and ask if anybody cancelled and whether you can reschedule for a sooner day and time? Jimmy sounds like he's in a lot of pain when he pees.

Just a thought.

Take care little Jimmy.

I already asked. There are only three surgery days a week and this isn't technically an emergency. Moday is the soonest. The vet doesn't work today, but the nurse said tomorrow they are going to start him on pain pills.

beeniesmom
02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Poor baby!
I hope he feels better soon.