PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Jacksonville, FL or near?

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 07:37 PM
On the Border Collie Rescue board I'm a member on, this was posted just a few minutes ago:

Post subject: Jacksonville Border Collie Needs New Home--NOW!
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:10 pm

I have a black/white Border collie with one blue and one brown eye that needs a home now! I am having severe allergic reactions to him and he needs to go...He is Neutered, micrchipped and all ready to go! PLease!

(here's his picture):
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6333/doggie2gc.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is willing to take this dog out of this womans hands (who I think is not trying at all to find him a GOOD home) and into a LOVING home, I'm willing to send some money to pay for food....

I'll add more information as soon as I get it.

Alysser
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I think there are a few people who live in FL. I REALLY hope they can help. My bro lives in FL. I'll ask my bro. He'll probably say no-_-

Alysser
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
UGH! I'm so sorry. He said no. My brother loves dogs but he said he can't afford one at the moment and doesn't have ANY BC expierence.

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks for trying Breanne! :(:)

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
MORE INFO!!

Due to allergies, we must have this dog find a new home. He is a
neutered, micro-chipped, black and white (with one blue eye and one
Brown eye) Border Collie. He is about 1 1/2 years old and is on
Interceptor for heartworm prevention. He tend to pull a little when
walked, but does great with the leash we have (included) He does well
with kids and cats and is a cuddle bug...He seems to get along great with dogs and doesnt seem to have any problems with anyone. He does tend to jump up on you, tho...He is a sweet dog who just wants to please you. I am sorry, I do not have any pix of him. He does look like your typical Border Collie tho...the white stripe down the nose, the white collor, and then black all around...white tip tail and a tiny white tip on one ear...

You can contact me at [email protected]

I did contact the only Rescue group I can find in Florida, but they are over 4 hours away from me, and with having a toddler, being pregnant, and the allergies this is not a feasible route for me to take....

Alysser
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
LOL! My name is Alyssa not Breanne. :D

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
LMAO! I knew that.. xD I just saw Breanne in your sig so I typed Breanne.. SO SORRY ALYSSA!! <3333

.sarah
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Tell her to take him to the humane society or any other breed rescue. Rescues are rescues and they will help in any way possible. If they can't take a dog, they will certainly find someone who can.

I'm only 3 hours away from Jax but with Mandy we can't bring in fosters :(

Alysser
01-30-2006, 08:13 PM
No problem. Haha! :D

Also, preferabbly a rescue. The Humane Society MAY PTS if he is there to long. I don't know. Alot of rescues focus on a certain breed and will keep a dog as long as possible. Maybe, my uncle could foster? MAYBE! I have to ask. He has a greyhound who isn't to loving of other dogs so yeah. I'll as now.

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Here's his picture:
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6333/doggie2gc.jpg

Sarah, she won't bring him back to a pound or humane society. And I wouldn't let her (not that I could stop her.. lol). They're crappy environments for a BC to be in, any dog at that.

She's contact the BC Rescue, but they haven't returned her calls.. she said she is going to live with the allergies until she can find a suitable home.

Alyssa... it would be really great if your Uncle could take him in.. apparently he's a sweet heart.

Alysser
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
It's a no agian. My uncle doesn't want to take any chances with they Greyhound and they just can't get a dog right now:(. Sorry, I don't really know anyone else in FL then could help.

.sarah
01-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Humane societies generally have the dogs in foster homes, whereas shelters are the ones who will cage the animals. She should also contact other breed rescues. There are plenty of times where I see different breeds at rescues other than the breeds they're focusing on. Or they could help her find another rescue. There's nothing to lose, I think she should contact any and every rescue in her area, not just BC rescues. There is a Dachshund rescue in Jacksonville that she could try.

Kfamr
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
I've contacted a BC Rescue that is 2 hours from Jacksonville - the only active BC rescue I know of in Florida, and she said she's never been contacted about this dog. Do they know if this dog is purebred for sure? Any other pictures?

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes, as you can see from the picture, he is clearly purebred.

No, no other pictures, sorry.

Thanks for contacting the BC rescue.

Kfamr
01-30-2006, 09:32 PM
"Kay,
I will take this dog but have no information on how to get in touch with the owner! I will get him this week if I can reach them. I do not understand why she did not contact me since I am an hour from them
Do you have contact information?

Jerri

Southeast Border Collie Rescue League Inc.
386-736-1097 or 386-479-3178
[email protected]
www.bcrsq.com"

Please tell this person to contact them if you are able to get in touch. I e-mailed her.

BC_MoM
01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Thank you VERY much Kay!!! :D:D

Alysser
01-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I am so glad everything worked out! Thanks alot Kay! :D

Kfamr
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
According to Jerri (bcrsq.com), the lady gave the dog away to the first person who contacted her. :mad: Ugh, dumb lady.

BC_MoM
01-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah.. as soon as I emailed her to contact Jerri she told me that the dog "found a great home". I really can't help but doubt in my mind that there is a 50/50 chance that that dog will wind up in another home, a shelter, or on the street.

Flatcoatluver
01-31-2006, 10:48 PM
:( oh man! :( this is dispointing news!!