PDA

View Full Version : Hemangiosarcoma

elizabethann
01-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm so sad. My Sister just called me and she was crying. Her dog has the above disease. He has cancer of the spleen and the kidney. The Vet said if it was just the spleen, they could operate. But because it's the kidney as well, they can't. It's unoperatable. He only has 1 day to 4 months to live. I think she will be putting him to sleep soon though. She doesn't want him to suffer.

He's such a good dog. Here's a picture of him. Please let a miracle happen. Please let Ben be okay.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/FenwayBambino/BEN.jpg

Queen of Poop
01-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm very sorry.

This is the same Cancer that stole my Miko (ferret).

lv4dogs
01-30-2006, 01:58 PM
I am so sorry. Ben & his family will be in my thoughts.

elizabethann
01-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm very sorry.

This is the same Cancer that stole my Miko (ferret).

Thank you for your sympathy.

RIP in little Miko. Perhaps you can greet Benson when he arrives at the Rainbow Bridge.

beeniesmom
01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I am so sorry. :(

lacey53
01-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I am praying for Ben,Hope you get better Buddy,lot of people love you.
God Bless

caseysmom
01-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Praying that he doesn't feel any pain and feels only love.

Alysser
01-30-2006, 06:56 PM
POOR BABY! Prayers on the way! :(

elizabethann
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Thank you kindly for your words. Even though Ben isn't my dog, I still feel a connection to him. He is Fenway's cousin and buddy.

They will be putting him to sleep this Friday. I want to go over and give him one last car ride with his brother Sabbie and Fenway, but it will be so hard.

And of course, I think about all the pets I've lost and the ones I have now and how I would be heart broken if they were to die.

Sometimes having a pet is so hard. I wish they could live forever.

:(

caseysmom
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh I am sorry you are losing your nephew doggie. I don't think you mentioned his age but his graying makes him appear up in age, which seems to mean he lived a full long life, what more could he ask for? Still its hard on you and your family and I am sorry you are having to go through this hard time.

pnance
01-31-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with Ben and his family

anna_66
01-31-2006, 10:01 AM
It just breaks my heart to hear this. He is a beautiful dog.

I will be keeping him and his family (as well as you) in my thoughts and prayers as you all go through this hard time.

luvofallhorses
01-31-2006, 03:05 PM
he's so handsome. poor thing him and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Oh I am sorry you are losing your nephew doggie. I don't think you mentioned his age but his graying makes him appear up in age, which seems to mean he lived a full long life, what more could he ask for? Still its hard on you and your family and I am sorry you are having to go through this hard time.
Well said . I hope he has a peaceful passing

elizabethann
02-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Ben is 10 years old. He is part lab, part husky. He gets the gray from the husky part. For many many years everybody would stop and say "what a beautiful old dog". But he wasn't really old, just part husky.

He's a good boy. In the Summer, he would protect my sister and I from black bears while we went blueberry picking. He was our guard and we felt safe when he was around.

My sister said they've been treating him like a king - giving him chicken & steak and all the other human food he likes.

Thanks for the nice comments.
:)