PDA

View Full Version : RIP sweet Chica girl

lv4dogs
01-30-2006, 10:00 AM
I went to clean cages Saturday night and noticed Chica was on her way to the bridge. She was barely moving & begining to turn cold. She was fine just that morning but I fear her age got the best of her.
After seeing many people look at her at a local shelter I volunteered at, but none were going through with adoption I decided I couldn't pass this girl up. So that Friday the little girl came home with me. The first dwarf hamster that I have ever owned and by golly, the impact she had on me she won't be the last one either.
She was turned in by her previous owners who said they just had too many hamsters. They had said that she was about 1-2 years of age then.

She was so sweet in every way. So tiny & oh so cute.

I felt bad that she had to go to the bridge but she was called for a reason. I am so grateful that she had found her forever home.

I know she was calling for me that night. Cleaning cages was NOT on my agenda & didn't even really need to be done yet but for some reason that night I felt like it just had to be done. It was her, she wanted some lovings before she passed and I couldn't of been more grateful for her loving me the way she did.

After 5-10 minutes she passed away peacefully in my arms.

I love you sweetie. We will meet up again some day.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0200.jpg

lv4dogs
01-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I wanted to say for those that may not recognize the name, she is also known as Cheka. For some reason about a year after I got her I forgot the spelling of her name so I spelled it how I thought it was, I was wrong. sorry Chica girl.

Miss Z
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm so sorry. My hamster, Foxy, i think is also on her way to the bridge. I feel your pain.:(