PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a hamster????????

midget gem
01-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Ok, this is kinda weird;) but I wondered how many people 'cept me have hamsters who use this site. :confused: Please tell me if you do!!!!!!

Logan
01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I have certainly had them in the past and I LOVE them!!!!! :)

We don't have any now because my daughter and I decided that it was so depressing to lose them. Their lifespans are so short. Usually 2-3 years, in our experience. But I do love to read about everyone else's and I love to see them as Pet of the Day!!!! :D

.sarah
01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
I have a hamster named Topeka! She's a Syrian hamster. :)

CathyBogart
01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Check out my siggy :)

Jessika
01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I have never owned one and after working with the ones at work.. well I don't think I ever want to. I've been bit nearly every time I've tried to pick one up, even the "nice" ones lol

Its a "once bitten twice shy" type deal with me I suppose! :(

Addie
01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I havve had 8 hamsters over the past...and I still ahve one, and I think he is dying...I am taking a break with hamsters after him and moving back on with mice...

lv4dogs
01-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I am down to two, one dwarf & one syrian. Chica one of my dwarfs passed away this past Sat night. :(

Miss Z
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Kat, Foxy has passed on. I am now hamsterless and broken hearted:(

.sarah
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
I have never owned one and after working with the ones at work.. well I don't think I ever want to. I've been bit nearly every time I've tried to pick one up, even the "nice" ones lol

I guess I got lucky with mine. She's never bitten anyone! Hamsters usually are little turds though lol.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't currently have any hamsters, but I've had several in the past. The last one I had, Peaches, died about 7 years ago.

Chilli
01-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I own a dwarf. He was one of those spur-of-the-moment buys. :D
(He's in my siggy)

Toby's my baby
01-30-2006, 08:43 PM
I have 3!! :D We just got them. . . I love them, they are so cute, but i also hate them . . they spin on that DARN wheel. . All . . .night. . . long. . darn nocturnal (sp) animals. . .

CathyBogart
01-30-2006, 08:45 PM

I used to feel the same way when I worked in a pet store. Later I took in Hazel as a pseudo-rescue, and once she was in a very quiet non-stressful environment she was as docile as could be. That may be the exception rather than the rule, but I'm glad I gave her a shot. :)

Chilli
01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
I've been bit nearly every time I've tried to pick one up, even the "nice" ones lol

Marley is bad when it comes to that. He's cage-aggressive. If he's in his cage, and you stick your hand in there, he will all out attack it, even biting so hard as to bring blood. :o
But after he's out of his cage, he's the sweetest thing.

luvofallhorses
01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I had hamsters when I was younger. :)
they make great pets. :)

buttercup132
01-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Kat, Foxy has passed on. I am now hamsterless and broken hearted:(
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Shes gone to a better place know though where she can play with all the other PTer's hammies.

midget gem
01-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Hello people, thanks for the messages, and get well soon, Addie's hammie:(