PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for family 1/30 update

Corinna
01-29-2006, 11:22 PM
My husbands family is facing one of those painful decisions. His mother has been on dialysis for 2 years . Her back has started to decay shes in so much pain and incoheatant . They have her on moraphine for the pain . the docotors have recomended the stopping of the dialysis She would most likely pass on in 4 -10 days. They family has to make the decision before Tuesdays treat ment. they is only one of the4 brothers who isn't for it, He doesn't understand that the only reason shes alive now is the dialysis. I ask for prayers for them all espesaly for Steve he is the one with the problem.His wife isn't much help as she is a bit slow and doesn't get it either.
My hubby understands the pain and that she would not want this life with no quilty or chances of it becoming any . She is a diabetic whom didn't take care of herself shes only in her late sixties .
Please pray for the decision and all of the family members . Thanks

caseysmom
01-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Its a hard decision to make, but it sounds like she is suffering and there is no hope for any recovery. Prayers to your family.

Lady's Human
01-29-2006, 11:26 PM
You have my sympathy, Corinna, and you are in our prayers.

zippy-kat
01-29-2006, 11:44 PM
{{In our thoughts and hearts and every prayer.}}

sandragonfly
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. :( all my prayers & hugs to all of you. also in my thoughts and hope she'll not have to suffer a minute more.

gini
01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Corinna, of course, you have my prayers for your Mother in law and your husband. What a painful and difficult decision to have to make. May God be with you all right now.

krazyaboutkatz
01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( You and your husbands family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

chocolatepuppy
01-30-2006, 04:55 AM
Good heavens what a horrible situation to be in Corinna. :( I will pray that the family can agree and you all can move on with this. I'm so sorry about your MIL. {hugs}

Pawsitive Thinking
01-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Sending prayers your way for strength to cope with this awful situation. So very sad

Felix
01-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers to you and family

Laura's Babies
01-30-2006, 09:18 AM
My heart goes out to you and her family. This is a awful situation for everyone. We had to with hold treatment for my Dad and let him go to end his suffering and pain.... Sometimes, it is just time to let them go.

Logan
01-30-2006, 11:43 AM
You will have my prayers, too, Corinna. :( What a sad situation. Please know that all of you will be included in our prayers as you make this decision.

Logan

Corinna
01-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Thank you every one . The decison will be made tonight.

Van10
01-30-2006, 11:58 AM
I will be praying for you and your family. :(

Corinna
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Well some how the scheduale for her dialysis got changed with out the familys knowledge . She had it today, she seemed coheroant. So decistion has been put off for a while hoping they can ask her for her opinion if it happens (no when ) again . It's so hard for my hubby to be far away from all this but he trusts his stepdad and brothers . Thanks for all the prayers we have felt them . please keep them coming. Corinna

furrykidsmother
01-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Corinna, I am sorry! I am just seeing this, I haven't been around much. Of course, prayers being sent. I hope that she will be able to make the decision for herself. I think we all know in our hearts what we would decide for ourselves, but it is hard to make that decision for someone else.

Anita Cholaine
01-31-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm really sorry... :( Hoping the best for all the family, and hoping that God will make them strong enough to cope with this really sad situation.... Hugs and prayers on the way...

catland
01-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Prayers on the way for you and your family at this difficult time. It is not at all uncommon to have one family member who has a different opinion than the others. I just hope it doesn't end up dividing you as a family.

lv4dogs
01-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Oh sweetie I am so sorry I just saw this. You & your family will continue to be in my thoughts.

dukedogsmom
01-31-2006, 02:43 PM
So sorry. That would be a very difficult decision to make. I know it's hard for him but he must think of the quality of her life. To me, it would just about be an impossible decision. I pray you all can find the strength to get through this.

Corinna
01-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Well as I said in my update the decison is put off a while so I guess that gives time for hospice to work with family . I think I'm going to call the one here for us . Hubby seems to be ok but he's hard to read . We both know it's the best thing (after having to face his possible death from his cancer ) we have a perpective they don't. Praying for them to see and talk to her about the chioces she has. Thanks to you all again we do feel the power of the prayers.