PDA

View Full Version : *((Need suggestions for our Humane Society website))*

.sarah
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Leon County Humane Society (http://lchs.info/)

My mom and I run our local Humane Society website. It's okay, but we need some ideas for what should be put on it. The thing we want the most is a post-adoption page.

Adding stuff to the animals that are up for adoption is out of the question. It is a script that was written by someone who's not very active in the humane society so it's not exactly the best. But, it gives the foster parents a chance to update if they need to, instead of waiting for me or my mom to have time to update.

Is there any ideas y'all can give us to improve the website? Our goal is to have people coming back regularly.

P.S. - that Yellow puppy in the graphic up top is Nova :)

BC_MoM
01-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow - it looks great!! Thumbs up to you and your Mom!! :)

I don't know what you should add - but you should ship me Domino.. I LOVE HIM!

.sarah
01-29-2006, 09:12 PM
lol .. sure, you can have Domino! ;)

Thanks! :D

Lady's Human
01-29-2006, 09:20 PM
The only thing I can think of adding would be a page for post adoption stories. (I really can't look around shelter web sties too much or Lady gets jealous and my wife starts kvetching at me about not needing another dog) :D

Alysser
01-29-2006, 09:23 PM
The only thing I can think of adding would be a page for post adoption stories. (I really can't look around shelter web sties too much or Lady gets jealous and my wife starts kvetching at me about not needing another dog) :D
I agree! It's really good! :eek:

Felix
01-30-2006, 08:06 AM
I loved it!I think thats a terrific thing you have going...keep up the great job!

.sarah
01-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone :D I'm actually working on a new design at the moment and hopefully a more functional adoption page. I HATE our current page ... you can't put much about the animals on there, and that's the most important part of the site!

Corinna
01-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Sure a lot of doxies . Did you bust a puppy mill?

.sarah
01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
No, we get Doxies regularly through a Doxie rescue. They're really popular here, and they get adopted fast. I think they come from the rescue in Gulf Breeze. :)

.sarah
01-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Anyone?

Jessika
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone :D I'm actually working on a new design at the moment and hopefully a more functional adoption page. I HATE our current page ... you can't put much about the animals on there, and that's the most important part of the site!

That was going to be my suggestion, too. I mean, I DON'T NOT like the design, its actually pretty eye pleasing, but it just looks... empty. For some reason. If that makes ANY sense! http://www.stereomb.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

If you need any help with design, let me know!

.sarah
01-30-2006, 08:56 PM
That was going to be my suggestion, too. I mean, I DON'T NOT like the design, its actually pretty eye pleasing, but it just looks... empty. For some reason. If that makes ANY sense! http://www.stereomb.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

If you need any help with design, let me know!
Really? I think it looks cluttered :o

Jessika
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Well the page itself may look a little cluttered, but as far as like.. the design alone goes, it just looks a little empty.

Then again maybe it doesn't look as cluttered to me as it does for you because I'm on a larger resolution so everything is MUCH more spread out?

.sarah
01-31-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm on a 1440x900 resolution lol. Thanks though, I understand what you mean now.

Jessika
01-31-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm on a 1440x900 resolution lol. Thanks though, I understand what you mean now.

Hehe is that a widescreen monitor? The resolution I use is 1280x1024 :o

.sarah
01-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah I got a new widescreen laptop a few months ago :D I luuurve it!