PDA

View Full Version : I found a lost dog this morning

elizabethann
01-29-2006, 06:07 PM
My Mom and I were driving on a busy street and just got to a busy intersection when I saw this black lab walking on the sidewalk. I pulled the car over and went to see if it had tags. It had a regular collar, a chain type of collar and attached to the regular collar was an invisibile fence box. NO TAGS!!!

So I asked if it wanted to go for a ride and it hopped in the back seat. We drove all around the neighborhoods in that area looking for anybody who was walking. We asked several people and nobody was looking for a dog. Then we see ANOTHER dog running towards another busy intersection. We started driving towards that dog and some people were staring at it so I rolled my window down and asked if that was their dog and they said no, it's hers and pointed to woman in a car driving towards that dog. She opened her door and the dog jumped in. My Mom & I were like, what is going on around here with all of these loose dogs?

So we drove to the shelter on the other side of town and it didn't open for another 1.5 hours. So we decided to go back to the neighborhood where we found the dog and walk him (I have an extra leash in the car for Fenway...who wasn't with me this morning). So we started to drive toward the neighborhood and the dog got all excited and started barking so we knew she had to live somewhere around here. We got out and walked her for about 3 blocks when we saw this car with a woman and daughter staring at us and slowing down and staring at the dog. I waved and she stopped and rolled down her window. I asked if this was her dog and she said yes. She said he must have gotten out of his invisible fencing and I said she may want to consider putting tags on her dog...which is named Becka. She acted surprised that the dog didn't have her tags. Come to find out, we picked Becka up about 5-6 houses from where she lives. Whether Becka normally gets out of her yard and walks around town, we don't know. But if she does, one of these days she's either going to get hit and killed by a car or someone is going to say, hey look at that pure bred lab...lets keep it.

I hope Becka's family will keep her safe. She was such a friendly and sweet dog.

Please be safe Becka.

Alysser
01-29-2006, 06:38 PM
THANK GOD YOU WERE THERE! Becka, please be safe. :D Good job saving her! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't understand people sometimes, if it was my dog, I would be absolutely frantic to find her. At least you were there today to help Becka! I hope her owners are more careful in the future.

lute
01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
way to go! good thing you were there to help her! :)